What's new

Connecting to Online Issues

Five minutes? Try twenty.

This bullshit is why I don't play the game online.
20 minutes? If you're not exaggerating, that really sucks. I can put up with the delay if I know people are staying for a while (I recommend KOTH in situations such as this, unless you play only for ranked of course). But playing 1 opponent in ranked then having to wait another 5+ minutes is complete BS. I'm hoping NRS have caught wind of this as it is clearly happening more frequently.

Also, if you guys could post what console you are on, that would be helpful. Not sure whether this is xbox exclusive.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Yeah it's happening to me as well, it's pretty annoying. I played with CDsr last night, the connection was decent then went to shit. Unfortunate realy.

E

Eldriken

PS4 master race! :DOGE

But to be serious, it sucks you guys are having to go through this. :/ Hopefully MS or NRS (whoever is to blame) gets off their ass and fixes it.

ive reset catch delete my save i was lv 70 reinstalled 2 times reset router i carnt get through connect so dont uninstall its not that

esc1

95% of TYM discussion: "It's fine"
Played two ranked games on XBL last night around 730pm eastern.. Was no worse than usual for me.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
More and more problems every day online.
I had no interest in playing sf5 but I probly will now. I don't see myself enjoying this game another year unless they do something about the quality of online. Sucks for me when I have no offline training scene. Can't travel when you train with these poor online conditions

Played two ranked games on XBL last night around 730pm eastern.. Was no worse than usual for me.
Sorry if I'm being presumptuous, but this isn't a latency issue, this is a problem that causes the Connecting to Online screen to hang for a ridiculous amount of time. You will know if you are experiencing this, it is very clear.

Also, thank you @call ME damo for trying to reinstall and noting that it has no benefit. This must be a server issue however, whether it is NRS or Microsoft is unclear.

As much as I dislike Microsoft 90% of the time, I have a suspicion this is an NRS issue.

Audit

Falls down too much
This has been happening since Friday night, possibly even late Thursday. It's extremely anecdotal, but it feels like when I "Quit to Menu" from a player match it takes much longer. Most of the time of course that doesn't matter because I'm quitting.

Usually when it's stuck it takes 10 minutes to get through the "connecting to Online". It's completely a server issue, restarts, clearing caches, rebooting modems/routers and whether I'm signed in or out of WBPlay have no effect.

Sasuga

Noob
I had this problem yesterday. I tried it again an hour later, all was fine.

The updating game data takes a long time, tho.

Not convinced the time of day has much impact on loading times, it's hanging whilst trying to connect to NRS servers. I've tried at many different times of the day and have this very same issue each and every time.

Cleared cache, no difference. I agree with the menu comment as well. Xbox one menus suck ass, also miss the ability to stream music from my iPod though my xbox, where the fuck has that feature gone? /endrant

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Maybe he means to clear the cache?

Though I have no idea how to do that on Xbox One. These damn menus are so non user friendly. I miss the 360 dashboard. lol
I'm actually about to do that now. There's a way, I googled it but it's weird af.

Re-installing didn't do shit for me. Actually, it only bugged out my DLC and I can't have the Horror skin pack now (Krakken Reptile :(). Updating Game Data from when you first start the game now takes EVEN LONGER and I literally can't connect to online now. After 5 minutes, the Dragon Loading symbol just disappears and leaves me there, unable to do anything.

Well judging from some of the responses here I really am not the only one. Also am I the only one whose game version is different? Now it's d0ae8f56 I could have sworn it was something else

I'm actually about to do that now. There's a way, I googled it but it's weird af.

Re-installing didn't do shit for me. Actually, it only bugged out my DLC and I can't have the Horror skin pack now (Krakken Reptile :(). Updating Game Data from when you first start the game now takes EVEN LONGER and I literally can't connect to online now. After 5 minutes, the Dragon Loading symbol just disappears and leaves me there, unable to do anything.

Well judging from some of the responses here I really am not the only one. Also am I the only one whose game version is different? Now it's d0ae8f56 I could have sworn it was something else
I know it's annoying af, but can you not uninstall and reinstall the DLC? Can't see why that would be bugging out as well now, other than the fact xbone is garbage.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

I have no idea if mine works or not. I'm not at home... good luck. Hope clearing the cache works. That's usually my go to move. lol

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I had this problem with the ps4 version when it first came out, it got better eventually with one of the patches

D

Deleted member 9158

Is it really that bad now? I haven't played online in weeks since the Witcher 3 came out