What's new

Complaining about deadshot? I have a ? for you.

Uhhhhh What?? Does it honestly seem like I give a fu#k who you kno? Seriously lol.. You think projectile zoning takes the same amount of skill and practice as rushdown? Oh Ok cool.
Yeah it does lol. Zoning vs a good player involves a little more than just spamming a move. imo it's easier to play as a rushdown character simply because your character strengths generally allow you to make a larger number of mistakes and still "be in it". A zoner generally has to make a much larger number of correct reads to win a match than a rushdown character.

That being said this only applies in even matchups in balanced games, but still.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Only justified change would be making his overhead mid but other than that yall are just impatient scrubs tbh. The retinal aids are too real in this thread. The whole "it should be as easy to get in as it is for him to keep you out" and "fireballs are just too easy" argument is bullshit too, that is not how that works at all lol. It should be as hard to close the gap as a rushdown character against a zoner as it is for a zoner to recreate that gap when a rushdown character gets in or knocks him down, and it should be as easy for someone like Fate to throw fireballs as it is for someone like Bane or Flash to just do their mix up string on them(which it is).

Walk and duck the highshot and bounce shot, free dash after multishot, free mb roll after rifle shot. Once you are in his wake up is unsafe without meter and if you think he'll spend the meter to make it safe you can just mb b3 to absorb it, that is injusice 101 for blowing up safe wake ups into full combos, or you know lab anti wake up set ups. I was getting in on him fine as Bane without even using meterburn rolls at first so theres really no excuse besides being impatient or not being able to recognize your options which really arent excuses for people on a "competitive" fighting game forum.

Example on how to get in without using mb roll:
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WetDoba/video/31061678

Last edited:

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I am hopeful that both sides want exchanges to be relatively even. Whoever plays better should win. It should be hard to zone out and hard to get in when players are relatively evenly matched skill-wise.

I don't know if Deadshot is OP or not, but that should be our focus for the purpose of this thread if we want any real resolution. Zoning verses rushdown dilutes the focus too much for meaningful discussion.

Last edited:

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I'm not complaining about Deadshot or his zoning, nor am I calling for nerfs 2 days in. That's ridiculous. I think we need to take a step back and analyze all the infomation available to us. First, we know that upper level players are beginning to develop strats, and if they aren't, we need to keep an eye and see which ones are developing strats for it.

Second, I think its important to look at the fact that Sonic Fox is using him a lot. I don't think he's using him because that's who he wants to main. I have a feeling that Sonic sees something and knows how to exploit it to get it noticed enough to get it nerfed. Now, I don't know if he's doing it because he wants the game to be better balanced or if he's seeing dollar signs and Deadshot possibly poses a threat to the character Sonic wants to main.

So the question is, is Sonic Fox looking to get Deadshot nerfed for balance or because he wants him out of the way so Deadshot players won't stop him from getting his paper?

Again, I'm not saying nerf yet, but I'm saying to at least analyze the info we have, and we see that Sonic is using and abusing him. If DS isn't his main, why is he doing it?
Or he could just be playing him for fun since casual players get wrecked by Deadshot. Not saying that's the case, but it's a possibility.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
How about those of you have problems with Deadshot go into the lab with him and set the dummy to reversal, reversal back dash etc and perform some strings. Your answers are there.

Reactions: GAV
How about those of you have problems with Deadshot go into the lab with him and set the dummy to reversal, reversal back dash etc and perform some strings. Your answers are there.
and the answer is what exactly? let me spam mommy?
Yeah it does lol. Zoning vs a good player involves a little more than just spamming a move. imo it's easier to play as a rushdown character simply because your character strengths generally allow you to make a larger number of mistakes and still "be in it". A zoner generally has to make a much larger number of correct reads to win a match than a rushdown character.

That being said this only applies in even matchups in balanced games, but still.
mommy says i'm special because i know which of my 3 zoner moves to spam and when!

Reactions: GAV

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Thats not entirely fair though. Canary is amazing up close, but what can she do to you full screen other than trait (if she has it)?

Right now DS is proving to be a great character at all ranges. What area of the screen does he struggle in? Owns the match full screen. Builds meter better than anyone trying to close distance. Has 50/50s and awesome corner game...

Neither should be nerfed this early in the game. That is definitely not where I'm going with this. I'm just finding it hard to figure out where DS is vulnerable, whereas Canarys weaknesses are very apparent

Yes there are ways around it (with the right resources). But after you get around it, you would think the opponent should have an upper hand, considering they most likely lose the ranged fight. But is that really the case? We have to play it out and see

Where does Deadshot struggle, you ask.

Well, for one thing his d2 is atrocious. His jump attacks are mediocre so he has trouble vs some of the better jump attacks in the game.

He's also vulnerable on knockdown. Knee can be neutral jumped or just blocked for a full combo if he doesn't have meter.

Also, the b12u3 string has a gap between the b1 and the 2. Large enough for a backdash and probably f3 armor depending.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
But it's Bladam, lol. Not every character can counter zone and do 50%+ damage combos.
When I mentioned Destroyer beating Deadshot in tourney today it was, "you gotta admit Atrocitus trait is strong".

When I mention Supergirl is likely a bad MU it was "well not everyone can teleport on reaction for combo".

Now Sonic loses to King and I'm reading "Not every character can counter zone and do 50%+ damage combos".

What's next? Lol I give up.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Aaand the NRS community fails again.

This is our fourth time around, you would think we would have got it by now. . .But nope still taking Ls

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
When I mentioned Destroyer beating Deadshot in tourney today it was, "you gotta admit Atrocitus trait is strong".

When I mention Supergirl is likely a bad MU it was "well not everyone can teleport on reaction for combo".

Now Sonic loses to King and I'm reading "Not every character can counter zone and do 50%+ damage combos".

Characters that have tools to deal with the zoning can deal with Deadshot. Most characters don't have specific options, just universal ones. It's not inherently a bad thing it's just dumb and boring to play and watch. Regardless of what some think, that matters for the longevity of the game.

Zoning is awesome but you can't just gloss over a possible issue for the sake of encouraging zoning. No other character that zones in this game are like Deadshot. Most scrubs are complaining about zoning in general, that isn't the issue. Deadshot is on a completely different level.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator

You mean Sonic just 3-0'ed King w/ Deadshot in Grand Finals

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You mean Sonic just 3-0'ed King w/ Deadshot in Grand Finals
Beat me to it, but by definition there's nothing OP with all the MUs today, and it's Sonic.

Also, no one knows these MUs. I was waiting to see if anyone would blow up his gaps, like Batman with Bats during B12 string, since these are the high level players and I literally didn't see it one time. Not enough time to know how to fight these characters yet.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Beat me to it, but by definition there's nothing OP with all the MUs today, and it's Sonic.

Also, no one knows these MUs. I was waiting to see if anyone would blow up his gaps, like Batman with Bats during B12 string, since these are the high level players and I literally didn't see it one time. Not enough time to know how to fight these characters yet.
To use your wording: You were talking a lot of smack 10 minutes ago, and now it's "Well no one knows these matchups, not enough time to learn to fight the Day 2 version of Deadshot who has no meta or tech yet"

Haha. Anyway, I don't particularly care, just thought it was an ironic twist of fate :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
To use your wording: You were talking a lot of smack 10 minutes ago, and now it's "Well no one knows these matchups, not enough time to learn to fight the Day 2 version of Deadshot who has no meta or tech yet"

Haha. Anyway, I don't particularly care, just thought it was an ironic twist of fate :p
Lol well to be fair, I've been saying no one knows the MUs this whole thread haha.

Zoning is awesome but you can't just gloss over a possible issue for the sake of encouraging zoning. No other character that zones in this game are like Deadshot. Most scrubs are complaining about zoning in general, that isn't the issue. Deadshot is on a completely different level.
Exactly. Aquaman, Harley, Green arrow, Poison Ivy etc are zoners. Deadshot is brain-dead zoning 50/50sand safe wake-up.Don't even say it's unsafe because he always has meter to MB it. and some characters can't do anything to contest it.