What's new

Complaining about deadshot? I have a ? for you.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
I never cared for projectiles zoning and I understand the hate for it.. I can get past it but its boring, slow, frustrating at times and overall it does NOT make you better at the game. Idgaf what anyone says it doesn't take that much skill to sit at the opposite side of the screen and shot.. If they nerf it ,they nerf it .Maybe ppl would put effort into learning. I actually find it more frustrating when you finally close the distance just to find out they're button mashing scrubs waste of time to me.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
I think deadshot should be changed in that way :

Leave his zoning as it is or even buff it BUT nerf his upclose game , make him total garbage upclose . Slow AF , everything negative , no mixups. Just give him option for safe MB wakeup and some AA attack option .

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
I don't have a problem with zoning, but don't expect me to honestly respect the fact you could do three special moves to keep me out. Stop looking for validation from other people about your playstyle and just do whatever the fuck you want. If you like playing fullscreen, KEEP DOING IT. You'll never get respect or validation from certain people who like to rushdown so don't even try. I don't get salty about spam, but being outplayed in midscreen and close game would really make me tip the hat to your skills as a player.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Problem is that this kind of zoning shouldn't also be in the same moveset with 50/50s and a free wakeup, and bullshit low range footsies that have no hurtbox. Everyone knows zoning is a part of the game, but you have way above average mindless zoning, and then free ways to open someone up should you need to, and can wakeup for free.

If you REALLY believe you NEED all of that to play, then maybe you're the ones that need to level up

Same for Darkseid

Last edited:

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Good players are already starting to find ways around it. In just a few days.

At this point it's just overreaction and scrub talk. I wouldn't dare cry nerf Day 1 or 2 on Canary because she can take 90% of a health bar with 1 bar and a guess, because it's too early and that's what the characters strength is designed. Do I hate it? Absolutely, but it is what she does. But since Deadshot can shoot a few guns quickly that some of the really good players are already starting to find strats around it has to be nerfed so the character can be trash.

#NeverChange

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Deadshot is actually amazing. He builds meter SUPER fast from his bf1 gunshot. If anything he shouldn't build that much meter that quickly. It's way too early but that is obviously too good.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
Good players are already starting to find ways around it. In just a few days.

At this point it's just overreaction and scrub talk. I wouldn't dare cry nerf Day 1 or 2 on Canary because she can take 90% of a health bar with 1 bar and a guess, because it's too early and that's what the characters strength is designed. Do I hate it? Absolutely, but it is what she does. But since Deadshot can shoot a few guns quickly that some of the really good players are already starting to find strats around it has to be nerfed so the character can be trash.

#NeverChange
Thats not entirely fair though. Canary is amazing up close, but what can she do to you full screen other than trait (if she has it)?

Right now DS is proving to be a great character at all ranges. What area of the screen does he struggle in? Owns the match full screen. Builds meter better than anyone trying to close distance. Has 50/50s and awesome corner game...

Neither should be nerfed this early in the game. That is definitely not where I'm going with this. I'm just finding it hard to figure out where DS is vulnerable, whereas Canarys weaknesses are very apparent

Yes there are ways around it (with the right resources). But after you get around it, you would think the opponent should have an upper hand, considering they most likely lose the ranged fight. But is that really the case? We have to play it out and see

I never cared for projectiles zoning and I understand the hate for it.. I can get past it but its boring, slow, frustrating at times and overall it does NOT make you better at the game. Idgaf what anyone says it doesn't take that much skill to sit at the opposite side of the screen and shot.. If they nerf it ,they nerf it .Maybe ppl would put effort into learning. I actually find it more frustrating when you finally close the distance just to find out they're button mashing scrubs waste of time to me.
If it doesn't take skill, then win something with it.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Thats not entirely fair though. Canary is amazing up close, but what can she do to you full screen other than trait (if she has it)?

Right now DS is proving to be a great character at all ranges. What area of the screen does he struggle in? Owns the match full screen. Builds meter better than anyone trying to close distance. Has 50/50s and awesome corner game...

Neither should be nerfed this early in the game. That is definitely not where I'm going with this. I'm just finding it hard to figure out where DS is vulnerable, whereas Canarys weaknesses are very apparent
The game was released on Monday night, and before it even came out we're talking about nerfing a couple of characters. You don't find that odd by any means??? There's nothing shown that just destroys playing the game, which is the only true call for a nerf this early.

For all we know some tech will be found next week making Blue Beetle God tier. Or Cyborg. Or Cheetah. Why? Because the game literally just came out. It's like no one remembers MK9 Cyrax mid tier lists or Zod is trash and needs buffs or many other examples. You can't make any actual judgments without understanding the game and fully applying all options with many of the cast.

Safe 50/50 for 1 bar that does no damage at all midscreen. Up close B12U3 has a gap on the WHOLE string. Is anyone blowing it up yet? No. Or any of his gaps? No MU exp. Is anyone blowing up his only WU that has no priority? No MU exp. Is anyone utilizing their character strengths to the full potential to get in easily like Supergirl, Grodd, Batman, etc? No MU exp. I could go on for days. There's no exp to talk about.

There's no way to have an actual stance worth discussing until the characters and game is more fleshed out. Hasn't been months, or even weeks, its been DAYS. Without that, everything just looks good or bad in theory and we talk about how "average Batgirl is with the worst neutral in the game" until Sonic picks her up and she's S+ tier. It's silly, at best.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
The game was released on Monday night, and before it even came out we're talking about nerfing a couple of characters. You don't find that odd by any means??? There's nothing shown that just destroys playing the game, which is the only true call for a nerf this early.

For all we know some tech will be found next week making Blue Beetle God tier. Or Cyborg. Or Cheetah. Why? Because the game literally just came out. It's like no one remembers MK9 Cyrax mid tier lists or Zod is trash and needs buffs or many other examples. You can't make any actual judgments without understanding the game and fully applying all options with many of the cast.

Safe 50/50 for 1 bar that does no damage at all midscreen. Up close B12U3 has a gap on the WHOLE string. Is anyone blowing it up yet? No. Or any of his gaps? No MU exp. Is anyone blowing up his only WU that has no priority? No MU exp. Is anyone utilizing their character strengths to the full potential to get in easily like Supergirl, Grodd, Batman, etc? No MU exp. I could go on for days. There's no exp to talk about.

There's no way to have an actual stance worth discussing until the characters and game is more fleshed out. Hasn't been months, or even weeks, its been DAYS. Without that, everything just looks good or bad in theory and we talk about how "average Batgirl is with the worst neutral in the game" until Sonic picks her up and she's S+ tier. It's silly, at best.
Easy there. I'm not calling for nerfs, actually. I'm asking for his weaknesses.

Safe 50/50 for a bar (which he will almost ALWAYS have) doesn't sound like something a pure zoner needs.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Easy there. I'm not calling for nerfs, actually. I'm asking for his weaknesses.

Safe 50/50 for a bar (which he will almost ALWAYS have) doesn't sound like something a pure zoner needs.
When pressure characters get in they can blow him up, and getting in is easier than some make it out to be with good players, which will get even better as people learn the MU. His WU can be stuffed for combo if people dare hit the lab meaning his WU game is trash, against characters who can take whole life bars at that. Outside corner which he barely puts you in in the first place, "50/50's" lead to near no damage (low 200 points range for 1 bar), and after he spends a bar to lose his turn if they blocked he has to deal with the Flash/Cheetah/Batman pressure of the world. His 2 bar BB combos do less than most characters 1 bar combos. If he gets cornered he will have one of the hardest times getting out, and his back will be to the corner many times because he walks backwards a lot.

If the main complaint is his zoning, what would this character do with weaker zoning other than get destroyed? Walk down heavy offense characters with weak zoning trying to push you to the corner? What would be the strategy? This isn't Deathstroke with all this amazing utility, it's a character built to win solely around his zoning who can get blown up if people lab as much as they cry. The real problem is that his zoning isn't the doom and gloom that many people are making it to be, so he actually does need the little offensive options he has or I guarantee he would be another Balanced Kenshi.

As far as the 2nd part. Full screen combo starting trait Canary has or projectile immune ability Grodd has doesn't sound like something a pure rush character needs, sounds pretty excessive to me, but they have it. Very likely for a reason.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Why are capcom players able to deal with Sagat, Guile, Ryu, Dhalsim, Morigon/Dr Doom etc and the NRs community just can't figure it out?

There's a reason this community is disrespected.
Moving is much more responsive in those games, movement speed is faster, and projectiles are slower than normals - not faster.

Im all for zoning but this character definitely needs to be looked at. Slowly walking in doesn't get you anywhere, meterburn roll gets stuffed or initiall dash is to slow. he obliterates some characterss.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Moving is much more responsive in those games, movement speed is faster, and projectiles are slower than normals - not faster.
I think people also don't realize that the stage sizes are smaller, meaning that you're constantly at risk for having a projectile jumped, and also that non-ex projectiles usually cancel each other out. And that certain SF characters have also traditionally been given projectile invulnerable moves and options.

Sometimes I think people don't actually watch zoning in the games they champion.

But either way, it still doesn't tell you whether or not Deadshot is cool. That will take a lot of trail and error and time.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
Those complaining I would suggest actually using deadshot and learning how to fight with him. You will see the holes in his gameplan, he's seriously not as good as many of you claim him to be. And learn when to MB roll, it's not a brainless tactic and it actually does work and is momentum changing if used correctly

Problem is that this kind of zoning shouldn't also be in the same moveset with 50/50s and a free wakeup, and bullshit low range footsies that have no hurtbox. Everyone knows zoning is a part of the game, but you have way above average mindless zoning, and then free ways to open someone up should you need to, and can wakeup for free.

If you REALLY believe you NEED all of that to play, then maybe you're the ones that need to level up

Same for Darkseid
This this and this.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
I think the game being out less than 48 hours, nobody has a valid reason to nerf anything. It's a common theme with newer players (older players remember you have to actually attempt to lab and beat something) to scream nerf at the slightest of difficulties. Deadshot is annoying, not busted, in my opinion

Can you read or...
Yeah I can read, your whole post was you suggesting that zoning as a concept is somehow an easier/less skillful strategy compared to rushdown. It isn't, and if you think it "doesn't take a lot of skill" then why do I have no idea who you are? I think it's because you think that, but hey I'm a masochist so prove me wrong in as painful a way as you'd like.

KiD INsAnitY

Z of The Leaf -Team R.A.N
Yeah I can read, your whole post was you suggesting that zoning as a concept is somehow an easier/less skillful strategy compared to rushdown. It isn't, and if you think it "doesn't take a lot of skill" then why do I have no idea who you are? I think it's because you think that, but hey I'm a masochist so prove me wrong in as painful a way as you'd like.
Uhhhhh What?? Does it honestly seem like I give a fu#k who you kno? Seriously lol.. You think projectile zoning takes the same amount of skill and practice as rushdown? Oh Ok cool.

portent

Noob
I'm not complaining about Deadshot or his zoning, nor am I calling for nerfs 2 days in. That's ridiculous. I think we need to take a step back and analyze all the infomation available to us. First, we know that upper level players are beginning to develop strats, and if they aren't, we need to keep an eye and see which ones are developing strats for it.

Second, I think its important to look at the fact that Sonic Fox is using him a lot. I don't think he's using him because that's who he wants to main. I have a feeling that Sonic sees something and knows how to exploit it to get it noticed enough to get it nerfed. Now, I don't know if he's doing it because he wants the game to be better balanced or if he's seeing dollar signs and Deadshot possibly poses a threat to the character Sonic wants to main.

So the question is, is Sonic Fox looking to get Deadshot nerfed for balance or because he wants him out of the way so Deadshot players won't stop him from getting his paper?

Again, I'm not saying nerf yet, but I'm saying to at least analyze the info we have, and we see that Sonic is using and abusing him. If DS isn't his main, why is he doing it?