What's new

Complaining about deadshot? I have a ? for you.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I tried to put my finger on why I don't like it and it isn't that zoning is good. It just feels like a step backwards from MKX. I should have anticipated this, since I1 definitely felt like a step backwards from MK9 - to me.

If you put MKX's roster in I2, unchanged - complete with their MKX mechanics in tact - they would completely dominate the tiering. I don't think most cross-game matchups would even be fair.

I2 is dominated by weird examinations, is special move centric, suffers from clunky unresponsive regular movement, and gimmicky mechanics (like the b3 bounce). It just never feels like a fight.

I like the anti-airing in I2 over MKX, but that is about it.

It has great graphics, voice acting, and story - but it falls short in gameplay, for me.

I hope that I am alone.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I played a character that was built on 50/50 corner rape for two whole years because that's what the game required lol.

Fate has the tools I actually want to use, I honestly think his zoning is very interesting and has a lot of room for expansion and creativity. Granted, he's the only character Iv put time into. Darkseid is next, I'm not touching Deadshot till after the first patch though.

Last edited:

GAV

Couldn't disagree more. MKX is the bad game imo. This is why some of you need to simply continuing playing MKX. The game hasn't gone anywhere.
To each his own, but you can't really think I2 characters could compete with MKX characters without major tweaks. Thats like saying WNBA players can compete in the NBA. :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
To each his own, but you can't really think I2 characters could compete with MKX characters without major tweaks. Thats like saying WNBA players can compete in the NBA. :p
You mean without major buffs? Because when MKX characters touch you it's with a half screen fast safe advancing normal, for 40% health, that carries you 2/3 of the screen, into the corner, into a 50/50 guess, that takes the rest or almost the rest of your life bar and leaves you in the corner within 15 seconds.

So I don't think Inj2 characters can compete with that, not at all.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Everyone recognizes how good Deadshot is, he's probably top 10. But there are many characters who are looking to be extremely strong too, as much or more than Deadshot. Such as Black Adam, Batman, Captain Cold, etc... I just think it's funny how Deadshot produces by FAR the most complaints, let's not act like it's a mystery why

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
You mean without major buffs? Because when MKX characters touch you it's with a half screen fast safe advancing normal, for 40% health, that carries you 2/3 of the screen, into the corner, into a 50/50 guess, that takes the rest or almost the rest of your life bar and leaves you in the corner within 15 seconds.

I will forever hate this aspect of the game, it felt so redundant after a few months, pretty much was the meta in general and every character played the exact same way with the exact same goal, it was dumb as hell.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I will forever hate this aspect of the game, it felt so redundant after a few months, pretty much was the meta in general and every character played the exact same way with the exact same goal, it was dumb as hell.
The ironic thing was that when this was brought up everybody said "It's early/we'll figure out ways around it/defense will get stronger with experience", and actually the offense got stronger instead. Haha

GAV

Then we are in agreement by definition, just not in opinion.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I played a character that was built on 50/50 corner rape for two whole years because that's what the game required lol.

Fate has the tools I actually want to use, I honestly think his zoning is very interesting and has a lot of room for expansion and creativity. Granted, he's the only character Iv put time into. Darkseid is next, I'm not touching Deadshot till after the first patch though.
Dr. Fate is swaggy as fuck and actually good, unlike Kenshi who was all flare and no function.

DevilJin

Noob
Everyone recognizes how good Deadshot is, he's probably top 10. But there are many characters who are looking to be extremely strong too, as much or more than Deadshot. Such as Black Adam, Batman, Captain Cold, etc... I just think it's funny how Deadshot produces by FAR the most complaints, let's not act like it's a mystery why
Exactly this. Im a Deadshot user and I say don't complain about him until you've faced a good Black Adam, Captain Cold, or even Dr. Fate.

Some of these characters are ridiculous but people are acting like Deadshot is god tier when he's not

Krabman

Noob
Exactly this. Im a Deadshot user and I say don't complain about him until you've faced a good Black Adam, Captain Cold, or even Dr. Fate.

Some of these characters are ridiculous but people are acting like Deadshot is god tier when he's not
Okay let's not church up dr fate, he's not nearly as strong a zoner as deadshot. Fate has issues