What's new

Complaining about deadshot? I have a ? for you.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Thank you. Is meter burn roll helping you in this matchup?

There is nothing more satisfying in fighting games(games in general) than to overcome something that at first appears to be too overwhelming. Concerning Deadshot, only time will tell if adjustments are needed. For now people should just play and lab.

Truth is, people will complain now and will complain till the end of this game's life about something.
Funny you mention MB Roll. I didn't use it a single time in any match. Later last night as I was lying awake in bed I wondered why I forgot about the feature.

Just goes to show that the game is brand new and complaining rather than implementing new features of higher level play of your character is detrimental to improving.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
ALL YOU SPAMMING NO SKILL LOSERS ARE BORING AS HELL AND REALLY HAVE NO LIFE!!! Stop ruining the game for everyone, spamming the same projectile over and over is for virgins who live on their Mother's roof. Quit being cancerous and a plague to fighting games.

The PantyChrist

Rest in Pantiez
I haven't touched the game yet so I'm gonna have to experiment a bit with startup of forward walk and chasing his backdash and his other options. But I'm not sure I'm gonna want to spend a bar just to get in and not be guaranteed anything off it

no matter if deadshot nerfs would be justified in the end or not, NRS would not do the right thing if they changed something now. play everything out "as is" (except infinites, glitches etc) until after EVO to mark the first phase of i2's life.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog

In this archive note the chat. People going CRAZY about deadshot zoning.

Here is my question. Why is it ok when someone puts you in a standing reset/5050 and one touch of deaths you like Cap Cold, Cheetah, Canary but when zoning is actually good and you can keep them out the entire match its cancer?
Because they are filthy casuals who should be given no attention

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
If there's one thing I agree with is that you said wait til people see how dumb Canary is. She's super cheap and I love it :p

Btw I have ZERO issues with deadshot. Tell these scrubs to level up
What's crazy is that the design I wanted for NW in IGAU1 is the design they gave Canary for I2. A lot of evading agile and acrobatic moveset that is just fun to watch.

I lost a Canary in ranked with my day 0 22% optimal comob Firestorm and it felt great.

BTW in terms of Deadshot's zoning....allow it. The game has been barely alive...let the game breathe. Let's talk about Shot's zoning in 4-6 months. It's not like the players who rely on solely on zoning win anything important anyway.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
IMO, zoning is like corner camping in a FPS: It's lazy. Why learn combos when I can just shoot my guns across the screen? I don't like this 'must win at all costs' mentality. Get out there, get your ass kicked, stop being afraid to lose and become a better player because of it.

Though I don't want zoning to be irradicated because frankly people can do whatever the heck they want, but to me, they're going to be missing out on most of the game's mechanics and their skill will be limited to that specific strategy in a game you need to be versatile in.
Except that this is not FPS. Zoning in fighting games isn't about being afraid of getting hit, it's about controlling the space and keep your opponent at bay. And you can use combos to keep the opponent away from you. At MKX, for example, I use Reptile and every time I catch somebody with a Forceball and he's close enough to me, I can full combo him and end it with Acid Spit to keep him away while still dealing damage to him, not to mention that Reptile in MKX can stop the Forceballs at will, basically creating a pressure, but instead of close-range pressure, it's a projectile pressure, while also controlling the space too.

I can't play IJ2 at the moment since I'm in the EU region and I will get my copy only this Friday, but my point for all fighting games, is that fighting games isn't just about getting close to the opponent and do combos and pressure up close, it's also about controlling the space, and also do pressure from full screen while you can. It's not like spamming the same projectile over and over again like a moron, it's about being strategic with your projectiles. And yes, I can do some close range combos and I do have some close-to-mid-range setups of my own, that's why I like Reptile (as he can Zone and Rushdown), but I'm more comfortable with Zoning then the Rushdown and I will go for it every time I can. It's not me being less skillful, it's that I go for the format that I want to go, and I change when I have too.

And as for the people who complain about Deadshot in IJ2: This type of bitching was always in fighting games, even in games that are more Rushdown based, so it's nothing new. But with that being said, the game is ONLY LESS THEN 24 HOURS AFTER IT'S LAUNCH, and you already complain???? If you can't deal with legit strategic Zoning, go to the lab and try to find ways to work around it, just like you do on combos. Even if the opponent does spam you with projectiles (and BTW, players can spam you with normals too, I faced a rookie player once who started to spam overheads until I knocked him off), you can find ways to deal with the spamming as well.

Strategic fighting can be done in any range, and spamming can be done in range too. Just find a way to work around it.

Disclaimer: I have not played as Deadshot or against Deadshot for 1 second in Injustice 2 since i was only able to play the story for a couple of minutes.

In general, hard zoning feels unfun to play against because:

1. It looks skillless and feels cheap. Compare Sonicfox set play with Cap Cold to Deadshot. With Cap cold he does a string into a cancel into an icicle into a meter burn roll into a string into trait. It's far more difficult and far more exciting than seeing him with whiff air shot on a ducking opponent trying to walk their way in.

2. Zoning forces you to play very slowly and it makes certain matchups nearly unwinnable. No one wants to find out they can't play their favorite character because they have no anti zoning tools. It happens in every fighting game and it makes people feel like their hard work playing a character is not paying off because you're getting killed by simple crap. Yes, i know i could play Supergirl but I don't want to. Many people are character loyalists and playing against a zoner makes that impossible in some match ups.

3. Projectiles are unclashable and unbreakable. Meaning if Deadshot hits you with mb rifle all you can do is eat damage. It feels like there's no counterplay even if you have resources to spend.

4. It is incredibly low-risk and as a result it's easy to rely on spamming. Most characters have a cost to using their most powerful moves. Usually with a rush down character if you mess up a move it means you get full combo-ed. Deadshot can, on some characters, zone without any worry about counters. Why not throw a million straight shots if there's absolutely no way your opponent can punish you. It feels like you need to play perfectly and your opponent only needs to wait for a mistake. It puts all the agency on the non zoner. When you're getting rushed it feels like the game is more active and your opponent is more involved.

That being said it's obviously too early to call for nerfs that's not what I'm doing. I'm simply answering your question.

Disclaimer: I have not played as Deadshot or against Deadshot for 1 second in Injustice 2 since i was only able to play the story for a couple of minutes.

In general, hard zoning feels unfun to play against because:

1. It looks skillless and feels cheap. Compare Sonicfox set play with Cap Cold to Deadshot. With Cap cold he does a string into a cancel into an icicle into a meter burn roll into a string into trait. It's far more difficult and far more exciting than seeing him with whiff air shot on a ducking opponent trying to walk their way in.

2. Zoning forces you to play very slowly and it makes certain matchups nearly unwinnable. No one wants to find out they can't play their favorite character because they have no anti zoning tools. It happens in every fighting game and it makes people feel like their hard work playing a character is not paying off because you're getting killed by simple crap. Yes, i know i could play Supergirl but I don't want to. Many people are character loyalists and playing against a zoner makes that impossible in some match ups.

3. Projectiles are unclashable and unbreakable. Meaning if Deadshot hits you with mb rifle all you can do is eat damage. It feels like there's no counterplay even if you have resources to spend.

4. It is incredibly low-risk and as a result it's easy to rely on spamming. Most characters have a cost to using their most powerful moves. Usually with a rush down character if you mess up a move it means you get full combo-ed. Deadshot can, on some characters, zone without any worry about counters. Why not throw a million straight shots if there's absolutely no way your opponent can punish you. It feels like you need to play perfectly and your opponent only needs to wait for a mistake. It puts all the agency on the non zoner. When you're getting rushed it feels like the game is more active and your opponent is more involved.

That being said it's obviously too early to call for nerfs that's not what I'm doing. I'm simply answering your question.
So of what you said is wrong. Even the proj not being clashable.

Redk9

Noob
If deadshot repeats his high shot it recovers and the next shot will hit you before you can mb roll. Even if you crouch it. I'm fine with the mb straight shot catching people trying to crouch and immediately act. And I'm okay with the fact that if deadshot does nothing he can bait out a mb roll and punish it. But the fact that you can really do too much in between each shot except with a select few characters is a little stupud. But I'd still rather deal with that then 50/50's.

Haven't got a copy of IJ2 yet, it's not released in EU for a few more days. But I'm half an hour in to Sonic's stream, and I'm already bored. It's all good defending zoning, but from a spectators point of view it'll never get hype.