What's new

Complaining about deadshot? I have a ? for you.

REYTHEGREAT

Looking at the video, Deadshot may be the best zoner. But for the people who hate it, just counter pick. Pick supergirl and tele on reaction, use Grodd and use his leap move on reaction to get in or his trait after a knocked down. What i am saying is, there are options.

#meterburnroll

AK XEN0M0RPH

The lift is strong in this one
I think zoning returning is a great thing for the game. Although I did think the straight shot recovery was a little fast, I also noticed that no one was using any of the in game mechanics to get around it. Everyone was trying to dash in instead of approaching slowly or spending the bar

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
Pinkseid is too OP. Nerfhammer coming.

As for those who whine about Deadshot, GIT GUD, WHORES!

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
spoken like a true rusch down scrub
I don't really have a problem against him now that I had to pick a scrubby zoning character but let me ask you a question.. Wtf is a character like Swampthing supposed to do against him from full screen. His options are laughable. And dead shot does this too a large part of the cast.

Nothing scrubier than pew pew zoning

methademic

UPR Methademic
How come nobody is answering my question?
Basic human nature. If they are in your face rush down 50/50 town you at least feel like you are close enough to do something. One right move and you would have had them! You feel some sort of control. Lose to zoning and you feel like you had no control at all over the match and people hate not having control. Personally I'd rather deal with zoning than pure batshit crazy mix-ups all day but looking at it objectively, something a lot of people should learn how to do, I can see the argument for both sides.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Casuals will be casuals, let scrubs be scruvs, and have fun playing high level players.

this is equal to complaining about meat/sports heads at a bar....

Last edited:
I imagine the only thing they will nerf is the recovery on his quick shot, because they aren't going to want to alienate their casual fanbase by having online be 90% Deadshot. To be fair the recovery does seem pretty insane, but I haven't played yet so I'll withhold judgment. Even then though, with his variety of tools and ability to send you back with explosive rounds, it seems like he would still be very good at zoning.

STB BroZki

Don’t know what to put here
I don't really have a problem against him now that I had to pick a scrubby zoning character but let me ask you a question.. Wtf is a character like Swampthing supposed to do against him from full screen. His options are laughable. And dead shot does this too a large part of the cast.

You have in game mechanics that are meant to help you in this exact situation. Use that dome of yours. Just because it isn't spoon fed to you doesn't mean it's impossible to get by

Edit: The game hasn't even been out for a day. Come on now

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Players on the other side of this argument want matches to feel like fights. If it does, then its fine. If it doesn't, then you lose a whole lot of gamers. They'll buy it, but they won't play it for long.

Last edited:

TRVP6GXD

Noob
I have been lucky enough to play for about a week. The Dead shot is everything I have wanted minus a good D2. Watch the stream here https://www.twitch.tv/videos/144249947 for sonic fox play.

In this archive note the chat. People going CRAZY about deadshot zoning.

Here is my question. Why is it ok when someone puts you in a standing reset/5050 and one touch of deaths you like Cap Cold, Cheetah, Canary but when zoning is actually good and you can keep them out the entire match its cancer?

I have news for you. Even if they nerf the crap out of dead shot, the same people losing in this video with sonic fox would still lose THE EXACT SAME WAY! And those people complaining would still lose to 50/50s and be ok with it? Just wait until you guys see what canary or cap cold are capable of. Dead shot has some very clear issues and in the beginning of the game zoning always seems stronger than it is bc people don't have bnbs down and understand punishes.

Anti zoning scrubs are hypocrites and make me sick. Fighting games are not just about standing in front of each other and swinging your arms with your eyes closed leaning away like a 12 yo girl. Zoning and space control are an essential part of a good game. As honey bee said in support of deadshot "Get Gud"

THERE IS NO RUN BUTTON IN THIS GAME IT IS NOT MKX!
How tf do you close your eyes in a video game? How do you lean back and swing wildly in this game? New tech? Someone halp!

lol , this is going to be the great slade debates all over again. and by debates I mean a year of lamenting when DS players get their character nerfed to hell because the scrub masses complain.

Honestly with NRS history of patching games, every single person playing this game should expect some kind of nerf coming into their chars if they are not mid to low tier and for late DLC characters to miss the train and be really good (martian manhunter anybody? )

my advice, drown out the haters and come to terms with that some odd months down the line whoever you play might have to relearn matchups etc and move on (zoners , RTSDers , safe spammable special movers , etc)

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
IMO, zoning is like corner camping in a FPS: It's lazy. Why learn combos when I can just shoot my guns across the screen? I don't like this 'must win at all costs' mentality. Get out there, get your ass kicked, stop being afraid to lose and become a better player because of it.

Though I don't want zoning to be irradicated because frankly people can do whatever the heck they want, but to me, they're going to be missing out on most of the game's mechanics and their skill will be limited to that specific strategy in a game you need to be versatile in.

Still answer he question my friend