What's new

Complaining about deadshot? I have a ? for you.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Black Adam and deadshot look really strong. Sonic uses really strong characters. If they happen to be your character, all you can do is pray that Paulo does not strike down upon thee.
That's the thing though, any top player can play someone and make them look godlike against scrubs. @PLAYING TO WIN can play Grodd for a day and destroy bums in ranked making him look OP.

My biggest issue is that dude has stated the characters he wants to main, very strong characters, but found the most ironic timing ever to play mostly Deadshot and Black Adam for hours on a day 1 stream in ranked for a large audience. Bruh.

Unless he pops up at Combo Breaker with Deadshot and Black Adam as mains proving us all wrong, then this screams agenda all over it.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I matched a pretty good Deadshot last night while using both Batman and Bane. He def kept me out for the majority of matches and I lost all 3. Def didn't complain though. I chalk it up to not knowing the timing or properties of his shots on day 1.

The masses will complain, but in reality, it's way too early to be bitching about zoners. Just get used to their stuff and think to combat against it. I, for one, am itching to fight another Deadshot.

Tweedy

Noob
That's the thing though, any top player can play someone and make them look godlike against scrubs. @PLAYING TO WIN can play Grodd for a day and destroy bums in ranked making him look OP.

My biggest issue is that dude has stated the characters he wants to main, very strong characters, but found the most ironic timing ever to play mostly Deadshot and Black Adam for hours on a day 1 stream in ranked for a large audience. Bruh.

Unless he pops up at Combo Breaker with Deadshot and Black Adam as mains proving us all wrong, then this screams agenda all over it.
You're either reading too deeply into it, or you have some wrong idea of how Sonic does things. On MKX he used multiple top tiers, whether they were more projectile based, or not. He won major tournaments with Sektor and Kitana. I know MKX is a lot less zoner friendly than Injustice, and those characters had more than just projectiles, but don't be surprised if Sonic does damage with deadshot at combo breaker.

Most people are saying Black Adam is up there right now. I doubt it's Sonic stream propaganda with him. deadshot there's leeway for conspiracies but not really with adam.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You're either reading too deeply into it, or you have some wrong idea of how Sonic does things. On MKX he used multiple top tiers, whether they were more projectile based, or not. He won major tournaments with Sektor and Kitana. I know MKX is a lot less zoner friendly than Injustice, and those characters had more than just projectiles, but don't be surprised if Sonic does damage with deadshot at combo breaker.

Most people are saying Black Adam is up there right now. I doubt it's Sonic stream propaganda with him. deadshot there's leeway for conspiracies but not really with adam.
I don't mention zoning and MKX in the same sentence lol.

Yea I don't deny Adam is strong, I was the one saying potential top 3 from what I see. I just see some people have different sets of actions than others. Don't be surprised when Sonic pops up with like a Captain Cold and *other strong character* duo for Combo Breaker, but the outcry damage has been done on the earlier mentioned characters.

I'd love to be wrong, but I highly doubt it.

To be fair he did lead the charge to nerf clone on like day one after MKX dropped, so it wouldn't be unheard of for him to want things nerfed that he doesn't want to deal with.

Tweedy

Noob
I don't mention zoning and MKX in the same sentence lol.

Yea I don't deny Adam is strong, I was the one saying potential top 3 from what I see. I just see some people have different sets of actions than others. Don't be surprised when Sonic pops up with like a Captain Cold and *other strong character* duo for Combo Breaker, but the outcry damage has been done on the earlier mentioned characters.

I'd love to be wrong, but I highly doubt it.
Is Cold really heavy rushdown? I've only played Buffalo's Cold and he was doing weird shit behind blocks. I felt like I was playing Mario.

Slymind

Noob
I matched a pretty good Deadshot last night while using both Batman and Bane. He def kept me out for the majority of matches and I lost all 3. Def didn't complain though. I chalk it up to not knowing the timing or properties of his shots on day 1.

The masses will complain, but in reality, it's way too early to be bitching about zoners. Just get used to their stuff and think to combat against it. I, for one, am itching to fight another Deadshot.
Thank you. Is meter burn roll helping you in this matchup?

There is nothing more satisfying in fighting games(games in general) than to overcome something that at first appears to be too overwhelming. Concerning Deadshot, only time will tell if adjustments are needed. For now people should just play and lab.

Truth is, people will complain now and will complain till the end of this game's life about something.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Is Cold really heavy rushdown? I've only played Buffalo's Cold and he was doing weird shit behind blocks. I felt like I was playing Mario.
LOL! Cold is a lot of set play but in a more non-traditional way from what I've seen. He has those ungodly hardtoblockables that make Quan players jealous. Actual setups into unblockables that lead to 400 pts damage. Corner setups anywhere with that ice block placed behind you. And himself saying Cold peaked his interest.

Let's see 3 hours of that on stream lol.

Tweedy

Noob
LOL! Cold is a lot of set play but in a more non-traditional way from what I've seen. He has those ungodly hardtoblockables that make Quan players jealous. Actual setups into unblockables that lead to 400 pts damage. Corner setups anywhere with that ice block placed behind you. And himself saying Cold peaked his interest.

Let's see 3 hours of that on stream lol.
I think his trait got nerfed after Sonic posted those twitter videos. lol

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I think people want a kind of zoning that doesn't really exist in the other games they admire. The issue is never if zoning is good -- the issue is if it takes thinking and skill to execute that's on par with what getting through the zoning requires.

If the answer is "yes", then it's fine.

The issue here is that people want zoning that they don't have to think about at all, that can keep the opponent at bay for free in half their matchups -- and when you change it so that they have to think about every projectile they throw out, the response is "Omg zoning is dead, there's no zoning this game".

In fact people DID stand up against braindead 50/50 launchers out of EX plus-frames in MKX, and things were changed. The first two characters I've seen people complaining about in INJ2 are Superman and Batman, who aren't even 50/50 characters or pure zoners at all.

So I agree with Bit -- people are actually speaking up about various things, and not all about zoning as implied here.

Either way, if it requires less thought to execute than it does to counteract it'll be toned down. If not, then it's fine. We'll see which is which as we go.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Rush down scrubs have every tool to get him but they are just to lazy to use them.
I bet they won't even use MB rolls cause meh one bar for full screen invincible move to full combo projectiles is too much meter brah.

NHDR

Noob
Just curious: what IS the strategy for getting in on DS? I watched some videos and noticed its likely impossible to dash and block slowly. And even if MB roll is an option, what do you do without meter??

I'm still waiting for my copy to be shipped, haven't labbed yet. I'm a fan of defensive zoning but am still genuinely curious.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
IMO, zoning is like corner camping in a FPS: It's lazy. Why learn combos when I can just shoot my guns across the screen? I don't like this 'must win at all costs' mentality. Get out there, get your ass kicked, stop being afraid to lose and become a better player because of it.

Though I don't want zoning to be irradicated because frankly people can do whatever the heck they want, but to me, they're going to be missing out on most of the game's mechanics and their skill will be limited to that specific strategy in a game you need to be versatile in.
All I can say is lol...

Many, many lols.

that shit is funny cause , MB rolls doesnt give you advantage it needs to be done at the perfect timing or els you are wide open for a mixup and sent full screen to get your ass zoned into puzzle game platforming mini game all over again. then you cant dash between shots . some character have teleports but they can get shot out of it before the move comes out and even if you do DS recover so fast that he can punish your teleport example darksiede same goes for MB roll the recovery on projectiles needs to be nerfed i have no problem with zoning i have problem with broken shit