What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
So two things about Jade I noticed needs fixing. If you amplify pole vault in a combo it doesn't count as a combo. If you connect deadly butterfly after 3,2,2 midscreen the first hit of bf2 always whiffs.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Nobody's whining for buffs.
We want our main to be a good character. We don't want your main to be a bad character or a worse character, we just don't want mk9 to happen again.
Dude you've been complaining since you saw her frame data. I think I'll at least play her as a side character on release but I'll stick to discord for her if this is how her threads are gonna be

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Dude you've been complaining since you saw her frame data. I think I'll at least play her as a side character on release but I'll stick to discord for her if this is how her threads are gonna be
You seem to be mistaken about my intentions.
Which is no surprise because I've already explained why I brought up her frame data.
Seems you have trouble reading.
And trust me, the discord is going to be full of people who actually complain.
Not me. I'll be too busy labbing.

Marinjuana

They do? I normally don't have a bad attitude tho?

The more I play her, the more I'm enjoying her. The biggest thing I want "buffed" is the input style of her 3 or 4 important strings and maybe a bit of a damage boost to actually punish when someone does something silly. Don't think that's really whining. But ok.

I just typically don't trust the opinion of many pros because they quite often have ulterior motives
Yes, bad attitudes can be a virus. But you were just the victim of my frustration with negativity surrounding this character discussion, so my bad buddy. But I do think it's silly to dismiss positive takes on a character as tier-agenda when there's plenty of people who want Jade to be good asking for buffs/improvements/whatever.

BlackJackSnack

Bags of mostly water
Recently saw someone complaining about jade feeling janky, the specific example was the input for b343. I can almost see what they meant, it does have specific timing.. Although ,this isn't a new occurrence in mk at all.

The string that comes to mind that was hard for me to initially execute was kung laos 21212 (mk9.) I'm not saying it's difficult neccesarily, but in comparison there really is no comparison...

The post seemed to criticize jade stating she's just "bad" which is all ppl say.. it took little to no time to practice the input and execute it successfully imo. Kinda tired of seeing "shes bad" over and over for a reason like this. If you were to mention her projectile having weird/unintentional flaws with interactables (which can happen) I understand the point of view. Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks the level of jade hate is unwarranted

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yes, bad attitudes can be a virus. But you were just the victim of my frustration with negativity surrounding this character discussion, so my bad buddy. But I do think it's silly to dismiss positive takes on a character as tier-agenda when there's plenty of people who want Jade to be good asking for buffs/improvements/whatever.
You genuinely misunderstand Reed, myself, and the others.
We do not want her to be broken and get nerfed into dirt.
We want her to be solid high tier that will need minimal further adjustment towards the end of the game's life cycle.

We aren't dismissing that her pokes, d2 and custom sweep were the best in the Beta, but you also cannot dismiss that Glow being punishable fullscreen is counter-productive or that b2 whiffing inside its own hitbox is a beta bug. Or that if you have hold check off on CB half her CB don't work.

Don't mistake passion for stupidity. Nobody here wants a broken Jade, but we don't want her to be bad either.

Let's all just try and understand one another in here.

We all love mk.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
So I've been watching many Jade players and talking to quite a few people who played her.
My final verdict on Jade is vastly based on REO's opinion.

- Excellent pokes
- Excellent zoning and counter zoning
- Her rushdown variation needs work

If they fix her bugs and adjust her a bit she'll be perfect imo.

Marinjuana

Delia's Dance is actually alright. Solid tool, you don't really lose a ton on not having the corner combo with normal BF2. It's nice to have the low mixup and you keep your pressure more often. It is unsafe though but I find it surprisingly useful after giving it a chance. Thanks @MkPeezy for mentioning it, though it's not a restand, it just doesn't knock them down.

Last edited:

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider
You genuinely misunderstand Reed, myself, and the others.
We do not want her to be broken and get nerfed into dirt.
We want her to be solid high tier that will need minimal further adjustment towards the end of the game's life cycle.

We aren't dismissing that her pokes, d2 and custom sweep were the best in the Beta, but you also cannot dismiss that Glow being punishable fullscreen is counter-productive or that b2 whiffing inside its own hitbox is a beta bug. Or that if you have hold check off on CB half her CB don't work.

Don't mistake passion for stupidity. Nobody here wants a broken Jade, but we don't want her to be bad either.

Let's all just try and understand one another in here.

We all love mk.
How is Glow full screen punishable? The only things I can think of that can punish Glow full screen are Scorpion Teleport, Kabal NMD, and Skarlet tentacle and tentacle is the only one I think of that shouldn't be able to punish Glow.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
How is Glow full screen punishable? The only things I can think of that can punish Glow full screen are Scorpion Teleport, Kabal NMD, and Skarlet tentacle and tentacle is the only one I think of that shouldn't be able to punish Glow.
You just gave 3 moves that can punish it.
You agree with ND being able to punish it, I do not. Simple as that.
But then I also disagreed in MKX with teleports being safe.

Afumba

Noob
I think its fun how she plays. Hope they dont nerf her cuz of all the whining about her defensive playstyle. Dont mind watching her either. I like seeing a Jade slow down the fight and the opponent struggling to get in.

I get that it can be frustrating/boring to fight against but isnt that the case for everything. I mean i hate fighting someone like Scorpion with his rageport. Doesnt mean nobody should have a teleport.

Also i think if she gets more damage potential it should be via a new skill. Dont think they should amp her base strings/skills. This would probably make her defensive variations a bit too much.

Maybe a 2 slot launcher that changes her d2 (maybe a staffless d2) as compensation. Or maybe make it conflict with her razorrang skills.

iNoScopedJFK

Silent Salty Solider
You just gave 3 moves that can punish it.
You agree with ND being able to punish it, I do not. Simple as that.
But then I also disagreed in MKX with teleports being safe.
Calling a move fullscreen punishable when it can only be punished by certain moves from certain characters seems disingenuous. Also saying you want Jade to be fair and balanced and not broken but wanting NMD to not work on glow seems contradictive. Why should glow be immune to NMD when it's only supposed to be immune to projectiles? Should it also be immune to Teleports and moves like Kano Ball and Kang Flying Kick?

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Can you bait a Kabal or Scorp into nomad dashing or teleporting with the parry? It looks like it has a similar startup to glow, would be funny if you could punish them that way :D

Hot_DNA

Noob
Maybe it's because I suck but Scorpion seems like a horrible matchup for Jade...Anybody else struggling really bad against him??

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Calling a move fullscreen punishable when it can only be punished by certain moves from certain characters seems disingenuous.
I think you misunderstand the term "punishable". If there is a way to hit a move before you can block after using the move, that move is punishable. It doesn't require the move to be open to punish from every single move in the game, if a lot of characters have a tool which can punish it then it's punishable. If a few do, it's selectively punishable. If none, then it's safe.

Also saying you want Jade to be fair and balanced and not broken but wanting NMD to not work on glow seems contradictive.
When your character's primary purpose is zoning and a rushdown character can zone you because you have to fear him rushing you down at full screen because your main counterzoning tool is full combo punishable, you aren't being contradictive to expect better.

Why should glow be immune to NMD when it's only supposed to be immune to projectiles?
It shouldn't. It should be safe to it. Which means its activation should take fewer frames than Nomad Dash can reach you. Kabal would still be, in his current skillset, vastly superior upclose. This wouldn't make Jade imbalanced, this would make her able to contend with Kabal: He would have to work on getting in and she would have to work on keeping him out.

Should it also be immune to Teleports and moves like Kano Ball and Kang Flying Kick?
No.

The idea I'm trying to present here is that Glow should be in the -8f range on its activation so that not a lot of things can punish it at range. Preferably not even Scorpion's teleport.
At the same time you can't just glow in people's face because 8 frames are plenty to bop someone.

Last edited: