What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@KingHippo ah don't be like that man. I think he learns better with live game play is all. Everyone has different learning habits. You are just lucky you have ability to break things down differently. Also, I assume you have a pool of players you can rely on to practice with and share information.
This forum is full of these clowns with zero debate culture and they couldn't present a reasonable argument backed up with facts to save their lives. Don't mind them.
I fully appreciate you giving me your point of view.

My point is just that I'm still ptsd from how bad Jade was and I'll have to play her and see her played to feel confident that she doesn't get the short end of the stick again.

Right now top players widely agree that she's the weakest of all the Beta characters which is fine because she's the newest as well.

I just don't want people to write her off as "fine" because look how well that went in mk9.

She needs tweaks. She has potential to be Kabal's equal eventually, NRS willing.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm sorry I may not have said it well, if you are equal it is still a coin flip it just "feels" unrewarding if you aren't used to that playstyle. I split games with a lot of players as good or better than me.

But when I am slightly better I dominate really hard. Unlike scorpion or Kabal when I feel I am better there is still a feeling that they could block well and come back.

But with Jade if I feel better, I can't help but feel bad for the other player struggling. She removes options to try to state it simply. Where as the others typically enable options with their skill set.
Let me reply to this separately, just wanted to get the clown out of the way.

I like what you're saying because then she plays similarly to another main of mine in a different game. It's certainly good news.

My only concern is her comeback potential, the fact that Glow is fullscreen punishable which defeats its purpose as an anti/zoning tool, and her various other beta problems which will no doubt be fixed.

I think she just needs some better crushing blow conditions and/or a slight damage increase to be perfect.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Cause they're pros and most likely don't want her buffed to where she'll be super annoying to deal with. Bet none of them play her when the game is released.
Bad attitudes follow you around.

And who's more suspect, a couple tourney players(or former) saying a character is fine or you guys whining for buffs on TYM?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!

And who's more suspect, a couple tourney players(or former) saying a character is fine or you guys whining for buffs on TYM?
Nobody's whining for buffs.
We want our main to be a good character. We don't want your main to be a bad character or a worse character, we just don't want mk9 to happen again.

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
Yo. Dunno if you guys know but honeybee has echoed the same sentiments about Jade as I have! He thinks she’s really good ! Reo seems to have warmed up to her as well.
She is really good! I just think if her f21 was better and had a better hitbox and her bf1 was faster she'd be perfect. I don't want her to be a combo character the more I play she's a lame you out, make you frustrated then capitalize character

Reactions: jmt

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
@KingHippo ah don't be like that man. I think he learns better with live game play is all. Everyone has different learning habits. You are just lucky you have ability to break things down differently. Also, I assume you have a pool of players you can rely on to practice with and share information.
Or I have years and years of exp with this individual and know that no matter how nice and logical you present an argument, how many videos post, the same bad acting will occur. I would never fault someone for being a less skilled player, but I will fault them for constant concern-trolling.

MkPeezy

Unicorn Papi
I see in other threads people are saying d2 is too op but 1) she needs it take it away she's super trash 2) kabal d2 hits behind him too seen it on sonic stream last night so shhhh 3) stop jumping in like an idiot and maybe you won't get the staff of anti air justice dummy

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Yo. Dunno if you guys know but honeybee has echoed the same sentiments about Jade as I have! He thinks she’s really good ! Reo seems to have warmed up to her as well.
She's not bad. There's a few things here and there I'd like to tweak, but she's not a bad character.

However... she's a bit boring to play as right now. I try to make the most of it though and have fun trying stuff out. ^^

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Perfect Legend, Sonic Fox, Scar, & others believe she's great too. I've been playing her throughout the beta. I've been enjoying the hell out of her. Super fun to play. You have to be calculated in order to play her. If I don't end up playing other characters, then I'll probably play her. Still have my list of characters that I want to try, but she's hella fun.

Yeah I like her lame, thanks for the links I can't watch till tomorrow though most likely. @KingHippo that's cool but let's all stop fanning the flames if possible.
@MkPeezy I'll have to check that out sounds possibly useful.
I definitely think Jade needs mu knowledge to succeed

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Yeah I like her lame, thanks for the links I can't watch till tomorrow though most likely. @KingHippo that's cool but let's all stop fanning the flames if possible.
@MkPeezy I'll have to check that out sounds possibly useful.
I definitely think Jade needs mu knowledge to succeed
Sounds good to me.
See the problem with Hippo's argument is all I heard throughout mk9 was git gud, stfu nub, etc. Nobody has ever "posted videos" or "presented arguments respectfully" to me.
You do. I appreciate this greatly.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Anyway, according to @REO

- Air Glaive is the end all solution to zoning and counter zoning.
- It's weak against teleporters and Kabal's Fatal Blow.
- Rushdown Jade is weak right now, those options need to get looked at.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior

They do? I normally don't have a bad attitude tho?

The more I play her, the more I'm enjoying her. The biggest thing I want "buffed" is the input style of her 3 or 4 important strings and maybe a bit of a damage boost to actually punish when someone does something silly. Don't think that's really whining. But ok.

I just typically don't trust the opinion of many pros because they quite often have ulterior motives

NRS, don't listen to this guy! He's someone who is getting his ass kicked by Jade players online and are trying to get her nerfed because of it! It's the SonicFox strategy! LOOK AWAY!!!
i guess you didnt read. im the one kicking ass with her... i dont even have to take risk ever most of everything she does is safe . she has shadow hitbox on her d4 that low profile and knockback on block.. her d2 is the best anti air in the game even with lag i can react to jump ins.

she need a nerf but also new tools to make her fun.