What's new

Closed Beta Jade Discussion

Espio

Kokomo
It's almost that time fellow Edenians as the closed beta will be starting in less than an hour!

Use this thread to discuss all things Jade in the beta! I will be updating the original post with useful info as we go.

Edit 1:
Okay here's a huge grown woman dump of info for everyone. Her complete movelist is listed below.

Also from my observations in terms of strings/normals I like

Forward 4 is -4 with good range

Back 3,4,3,4 is awesome for stagger potential, frames etc. Last hit is +5, first hit -2 and middle hit is -7 so safe.

Forward 3,4,3 is her low (I hate that it resembles her above, only complaint), but is safe at all points

Back 1,2 I thought was unsafe but not so sure since the AI doesn't seem to be able to punish it on block.

1 is plus one so great for staggers.
1,2 has a low
1,2,4 is safe.
2,1 good stagger
2,1,2 good, safe string
Forward 2,1 is the overhead at minus 12.

Those are the core good/safeish strings/normals

Love flash in this game for how long it is especially with how punishable some projectiles are.

Low spark, air diagonal glaive, and her shadow kick are nice and I think her parry really compliments her counterplay/style.

Not sure how I feel about her butterfly spin. Definitely not something to abuse on block, but can combo in the corner.

Last edited:

Mind Flex

Mind Gamer. BOOSH
I plan on playing 90% Jade for the Beta. I'm rewatching the Kast of her breakdown now. What build are you guys planning to make with her? Or do you plan on choosing one of the given variations for her?

I'm interested in the ground projectile and possibly the Shadow Kick ability that keeps opponents in the corner.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I plan on playing 90% Jade for the Beta. I'm rewatching the Kast of her breakdown now. What build are you guys planning to make with her? Or do you plan on choosing one of the given variations for her?

I'm interested in the ground projectile and possibly the Shadow Kick ability that keeps opponents in the corner.
I'll make my own of course. Sticking with the static variations is boring af.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I have a feeling a lot of Jade’s will end up with the additional staff normals and the single direction shadow kick.

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
If anyone knows how to cancel pole vault, i seem to get the amplify instead