What's new

CEO 2017 - Injustice 2 starts today at 5PM EDT (Pools Inside)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I said it last game and I'll say it again:

Injustice brings the hype.

There's just something about it man.. The comebacks, the super close matches, the post clash showdowns.. The neutral game, and the crazy different character archetypes.. Everybody was downing this game before MKX came out, but it's back, here to stay, and just as exciting as ever.

I N J U S T I C E B O Y Z

There's just something about it man.. The comebacks, the super close matches, the post clash showdowns.. The neutral game, and the crazy different character archetypes.. Everybody was downing this game before MKX came out, but it's back, here to stay, and just as exciting as ever.

100% agreed at the highest level this game is an absolute joy to watch incredible matches yesterday&today

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
The matchups for tomorrow:

Winners:
Whiteboi vs. Forever King
Slayer vs. Dragon

Losers:
Theo vs. Iluusions
Sonic vs. Madzin
Sonic can no longer say it was "free". Got put into losers and barely beat Semiij to make top 8 losers. The level of competition is finally on par with SonicFox.

And holy shit, Slayer has ascended. He's a clear favorite if he plays like he did today.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Sonic can no longer say it was "free". Got put into losers and barely beat Semiij to make top 8 losers. The level of competition is finally on par with SonicFox.

And holy shit, Slayer has ascended. He's a clear favorite if he plays like he did today.
I think this depends highly on matchups. Three things to consider here:

1) Sonic would be likely favored against Slayer if they meet again. The only reason they didn't is that Theo put Sonic into losers.

2) Sonic has also proven to be a whiz at overnight adjustments. There are a number of previous tournaments where he was sent to losers, written off, and figured it out to go on and reset the bracket and win.

3) Theo was extremely close to beating Slayer. Slayer clutched it out for the win. I don't really think you can favor either player after that set, and it could easily go either way in a runback.

With that said, a lot of the guys in Top 8 are playing really well. Either way, tomorrow's another day, at another time, and anything goes.

The one guarantee is that whatever happens will be really exciting and memorable to watch.

DMS made that moment even better man. The flop was LeBron in the finals tier.
First thing I thought of when I saw it was LeBron.

Feel absolutely awful for Bio, I feel like he got screwed over by having to sit through level 3 debuff 4 times over, he manages to avenge that loss only to go out on a last second loss to a final match character switch. I hope he's not discouraged by these heartbreaking losses.

Sonic was reset or sent to losers before grand finals several times in MKX, he won the vast majority of those times any way.

At this point, Sonic is the favorite regardless unless he loses several tournaments in a row. It's like when they used to talk about choosing Tiger or the field back in the day, he didn't need to be flawless or win every last tournament to be the favorite.

Sonic's body of work since the tail end of Injustice is more than enough to do that.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think this depends highly on matchups. Three things to consider here:

1) Sonic would be likely favored against Slayer if they meet again. The only reason they didn't is that Theo put Sonic into losers.

2) Sonic has also proven to be a whiz at overnight adjustments. There are a number of previous tournaments where he was sent to losers, written off, and figured it out to go on and reset the bracket and win.

3) Theo was extremely close to beating Slayer. Slayer clutched it out for the win. I don't really think you can favor either player after that set, and it could easily go either way in a runback.

With that said, a lot of the guys in Top 8 are playing really well. Either way, tomorrow's another day, at another time, and anything goes.

The one guarantee is that whatever happens will be really exciting and memorable to watch.
Sonic was reset or sent to losers before grand finals several times in MKX, he won the vast majority of those times any way.

At this point, Sonic is the favorite regardless unless he loses several tournaments in a row. It's like when they used to talk about choosing Tiger or the field back in the day, he didn't need to be flawless or win every last tournament to be the favorite.

Sonic's body of work since the tail end of Injustice is more than enough to do that.
I said Slayer is a favorite if he plays like he did today. Both Theo and Sonic are in the losers bracket, a clear disadvantage considering the level of competition and the players who are in winners. It doesn't matter if it's been done before, they're objectively at a disadvantage. And based in most recent showings, Slayer to me was the most impressive in taking down Theo.

Being a favorite doesn't mean you're going to win, it just means you're favored to. Before the tournament started SonicFox was the favorite to win, Theo was also a favorite. Things change as the tournament develops, which should be pretty obvious based on the display.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I said Slayer is a favorite if he plays like he did today. Both Theo and Sonic are in the losers bracket, a clear disadvantage considering the level of competition and the players who are in winners. It doesn't matter if it's been done before, they're objectively at a disadvantage. And based in most recent showings, Slayer to me was the most impressive in taking down Theo.

Being a favorite doesn't mean you're going to win, it just means you're favored to. Before the tournament started SonicFox was the favorite to win, Theo was also a favorite. Things change as the tournament develops, which should be pretty obvious based on the display.
There are still 3 more players to be sent to the losers bracket, which means anyone could end up there.

Also, I had Sonic/Theo as 50/50. I wouldn't have favored Sonic to win that (even in the first game).

I still have it 50/50 after today as I'm sure Sonic will take time to figure some things out.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
There are still 3 more players to be sent to the losers bracket, which means anyone could end up there.

Also, I had Sonic/Theo as 50/50. I wouldn't have favored Sonic to win that (even in the first game).

I still have it 50/50 after today as I'm sure Sonic will take time to figure some things out.
Whoever makes it to grand finals in winners will have the advantage. But having an advantage is just that, it doesn't mean anyones fate is sealed. Theo and Fox being in Losers really helps everyone elses chances honestly, as they only have to lose one set. Obviously it's anyones game, I just was impressed by Slayer the most.

Having an advantage and being the favorite aren't the same thing. Sonic was at a disadvantage every time he's ever won from losers, I still would have had him as the favorite in each of those occasions cause the track record is there.

It's rare, but you do get home dogs (underdogs with home field advantage) occasionally in sports.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Having an advantage and being the favorite aren't the same thing. Sonic was at a disadvantage every time he's ever won from losers, I still would have had him as the favorite in each of those occasions cause the track record is there.

It's rare, but you do get home dogs (underdogs with home field advantage) occasionally in sports.
You don't have to tell me that. I have a running bet no one will take. SonicFox vs the field, for whatever amount as long as it isn't ridiculous. If anyone other than SonicFox wins, I lose the bet. No one has ever taken me up on my offer, for obvious reasons.

That said, Slayer has made an impression on me. You could tell he's been training his mind out, it shows in his play. I could be wrong, I just see the determination in his eyes. As corny as that sounds.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Lol Madzin's pop off was too hilarious. Dare I say one of the best?

Dude must have had soooo much Red Bull pumping through his veins to bitch slap that chair off the stage like that XD

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Lol Madzin's pop off was too hilarious. Dare I say one of the best?

Dude must have had soooo much Red Bull pumping through his veins to bitch slap that chair off the stage like that XD
apparently he is a competitive power lifter.. as in he is fucking hardcore strong... . .

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11

Yeah until someone picks Adam or Aquaman.

Seems like the running theme of CEO so far is that if you lose, switch to Black Adam.