What's new

CEO 2017 - Injustice 2 starts today at 5PM EDT (Pools Inside)

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the selection of matches on the CEO stream. Chris Ceglia has given me the opportunity to hand select matches for the viewers at home after the response to Combo Breaker, and I hope I delivered, and I only hope to improve tomorrow.
Thought you did a great job picking matches, thanks for curating. At to many other events we have missed key sets for sets between less known and frankly underskilled players.

Not knocking he players or the TO's, it's impossible to get it all right and run the event and also manipulate the stream station. It's just nice to have someone dedicated to providing the audience with the best and hypest matches.

My only suggestion would be to attempt to prioritize character variety when possible. Especially in top 48, whatever you can do to bring us matches featuring underrepresented characters ala bane, cheetah, GL, ivy, scarecrow, etc. would be awesome.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the selection of matches on the CEO stream. Chris Ceglia has given me the opportunity to hand select matches for the viewers at home after the response to Combo Breaker, and I hope I delivered, and I only hope to improve tomorrow.
I knew something was up. The streamed matches were godlike and what the people wanted to see! Great work, DMS, keep it up!!!

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Thought you did a great job picking matches, thanks for curating. At to many other events we have missed key sets for sets between less known and frankly underskilled players.

Not knocking he players or the TO's, it's impossible to get it all right and run the event and also manipulate the stream station. It's just nice to have someone dedicated to providing the audience with the best and hypest matches.

My only suggestion would be to attempt to prioritize character variety when possible. Especially in top 48, whatever you can do to bring us matches featuring underrepresented characters ala bane, cheetah, GL, ivy, scarecrow, etc. would be awesome.
Character variety is a big part of my decision making process. I'm fully aware that no one wants to see Aquaman mirrors, so I avoid putting stuff like that on the stream. Tomorrow, be on the lookout for a female Catwoman player named Infinitii, Noobe's Cheetah, and Big D's Ivy. Infinitii is really going to turn some heads.

Cashual

Character variety is a big part of my decision making process. I'm fully aware that no one wants to see Aquaman mirrors, so I avoid putting stuff like that on the stream. Tomorrow, be on the lookout for a female Catwoman player named Infinitii, Noobe's Cheetah, and Big D's Ivy. Infinitii is really going to turn some heads.
Right on man, it really made a big difference. Can't wait for tomorrow's action.

Thanks for putting the work in to present the community at the highest level, it's such a good showcase for the game and the amazing scene.

Some classic moments today from madzin's comebacks and pop offs, foxy and hayatei being upset, and Kevo with the blowup after calling sonic free lol. I mean I know he was joking but shit was funny.

You are doing a terrific job. I've been watching competitive NRS games since MK9 and this has been hands-down such a beautifully must-see, off-the-hook tournament so far! It makes a lot of sense that instead of just pointing the camera at one table and letting it go, you give someone the selection choice. Just what the doctor ordered.

That aside, the upsets, the drama, the pixel-of-life comebacks!!! Combo was crazy, CEO is nuts, EVO might just give me a heart attack!!!

I have to say that @Kitana Prime is quickly becoming one of my favorite commentators. He does a great job of mixing in some of the personal stories, technical aspects, and then his fun lore asides. Personal stories: It's cool to see someone like KP that knows the scene and gives some quick background, "he's come all the way from SoCal for this," or, "he's known as one of the best Bane players," without devolving into, "let me tell you a story about a time me and that guy hung out at a hotel room after-party three years ago and I'll talk about it over the entire match." Technical aspects: I don't think most NRS (or FGC) commentators, who know the games really well, realize that their #1 job should be trying to rope in people that are tuning for the first time and have little clue about what is happening. KP will at least say at some point, "ok, Cheetah doesn't have projectiles, so she needs to close in!" Personally, I think commentators should give those kinds of rundowns at the beginning of each match, but KP is 1,000x better than most commentators that never bother to explain the basics of a match-up to the casual observer. Fun lore: Those little bits that happen, like when Catwoman hits some interactible, "well, Catwoman is a master thief, she knows every inch of Gotham, she knows where that interactible is." Nice touch. #KitanaPrimeforEVOCommentaryonESPN

I'm calling it now: the Insaynne/CoachSteve Gorilla Grodd match against TekkenMaster's Black Adam is an instant classic. People will still be talking about that match 5 years from now. Sure, from a connoisseurs' perspective the Theo vs. REO match was some high-level s--t, but low-tier Grodd taking down the presumptive #2 player's #1 tier Black Adam, well, that's one for the record books. And with all due respect to TekkenMaster, of course. It is only because TekkenMaster is such a phenomenally great player that this match IS such a classic! For every YOLO character pick that has ever happened... most of them don't work out. From Pig picking Cyber Sub against REO's Kabal in MK9, through every time it has ever happened in IGAU1, MKX, to now. Yeah, I get it: a confluence of storms. Steve is the best Grodd player, TM probably didn't know the MU, yeah, yeah, yeah. Still! That is something no one would have predicted.

Can't wait to see wait Day 2 holds!

Cashual

You are doing a terrific job. I've been watching competitive NRS games since MK9 and this has been hands-down such a beautifully must-see, off-the-hook tournament so far! It makes a lot of sense that instead of just pointing the camera at one table and letting it go, you give someone the selection choice. Just what the doctor ordered.

That aside, the upsets, the drama, the pixel-of-life comebacks!!! Combo was crazy, CEO is nuts, EVO might just give me a heart attack!!!

I have to say that @Kitana Prime is quickly becoming one of my favorite commentators. He does a great job of mixing in some of the personal stories, technical aspects, and then his fun lore asides. Personal stories: It's cool to see someone like KP that knows the scene and gives some quick background, "he's come all the way from SoCal for this," or, "he's known as one of the best Bane players," without devolving into, "let me tell you a story about a time me and that guy hung out at a hotel room after-party three years ago and I'll talk about it over the entire match." Technical aspects: I don't think most NRS (or FGC) commentators, who know the games really well, realize that their #1 job should be trying to rope in people that are tuning for the first time and have little clue about what is happening. KP will at least say at some point, "ok, Cheetah doesn't have projectiles, so she needs to close in!" Personally, I think commentators should give those kinds of rundowns at the beginning of each match, but KP is 1,000x better than most commentators that never bother to explain the basics of a match-up to the casual observer. Fun lore: Those little bits that happen, like when Catwoman hits some interactible, "well, Catwoman is a master thief, she knows every inch of Gotham, she knows where that interactible is." Nice touch. #KitanaPrimeforEVOCommentaryonESPN

I'm calling it now: the Insaynne/CoachSteve Gorilla Grodd match against TekkenMaster's Black Adam is an instant classic. People will still be talking about that match 5 years from now. Sure, from a connoisseurs' perspective the Theo vs. REO match was some high-level s--t, but low-tier Grodd taking down the presumptive #2 player's #1 tier Black Adam, well, that's one for the record books. And with all due respect to TekkenMaster, of course. It is only because TekkenMaster is such a phenomenally great player that this match IS such a classic! For every YOLO character pick that has ever happened... most of them don't work out. From Pig picking Cyber Sub against REO's Kabal in MK9, through every time it has ever happened in IGAU1, MKX, to now. Yeah, I get it: a confluence of storms. Steve is the best Grodd player, TM probably didn't know the MU, yeah, yeah, yeah. Still! That is something no one would have predicted.

Can't wait to see wait Day 2 holds!
This post brought joy to my lil heart and I couldn't agree any more.

KP imo is THE best commentator with the best balance of personality, game technical knowledge, and the ability to break the game down for casuals.

And the coach Steve stuff was spot on. Coach has been my favorite player for a few years now.

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
Magician beat wound 3-1, him and Viking are gonna play WFs on stream but both guaranteed to make it out.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So what happened today? Why is the stream not up?

Take$$$

gotta take it to make it
So what happened today? Why is the stream not up?
Hotel internet having is having issues but they're fixing it, and you can't even tether ur phones 4g because literally no reception which is usually the backup plan.

Thingy

Retired account
Man, so salty that they dropped the ball on the stream. SFVs CEO stream is still up, so I doubt the issues have to do with the venue...

I guess we just get to hear whispers of what is happening at one of the most hype events for Injustice this year.

Edit: So I heard about the internet issues. But why is capcom and tekken coming back but NRS's stream still down???

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Man, so salty that they dropped the ball on the stream. SFVs CEO stream is still up, so I doubt the issues have to do with the venue...

I guess we just get to hear whispers of what is happening at one of the most hype events for Injustice this year.

Edit: So I heard about the internet issues. But why is capcom and tekken coming back but NRS's stream still down???
https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey/status/876174887420932102

Ryu Hayabusa

Filthy Casual
Black adam is without a doubt most broken character in this game. That range and meter less damage lol.

I didn't know black magic allows you to move in and continue the combo if you do it at mid range.