What's new

Match-up Discussion Catwoman match up chart

I think MB Cat Dash is the biggest bill of goods for Selina. So many that don't play the MU just assume you literally can never throw a fireball against her. That's not how it works.
I totally agree with this.Most ppl think CW can punish full screen projectiles, well the move is 17 frame startup + the traveling time and the armor isnt active from the first frames.

I d like to bring back up NW though.

I have played to mu over 3000 games, playing as CW, and I feel like its a 5-5.

The problem being that NW, very similarly to CW, is that he's very dependant on MU knowledge. If you compare him to CW he doesn't, have any good 50-50 offence. He has decent WU vs her oki game and he is annoying in staff stance, footsie wise. But I feel like the MU its like DD, if you learn to block NW, he ends up spending bars just to make himself safe against her. If you respect his d1 pokes in staff form( forget about escrima stance, useless vs her), what options does he have? staff spin, d3? leaving him -6, -12 on d3? if he doesn't MB it, then what are his options? ground pound ( another bar to combo) or a 33 frame overhead?

When you start blocking NWs counter pressure, I feel like he can't get his game going and it ends up in CW favor. He does have avdtg footsie wise and everything, but if you compare the tools of the caracter one to the other. It end up CW having a 15f over, and a 14f low.

Then again im a nobody, just mah humble opinion

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
I've been playing CW a lot lately and been playing a lot of ppl offline. I feel that the zod, KF & WoWo Mu ' s are 5 -5's. There really isn't much WoWo does to shut down CW and she can punish the living shit out of her wakeups. I can understand zod being 4-6, but I feel that CW deals with him pretty good. And KF, I don't know how that's not a 5-5. I feel that that MU is just dead even

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Wonder Woman out footsies Catwoman and has an even better knockdown game. CW can punish her wakeups but CW shouldn't even be able to wakeup if CW doesn't have trait.

coolwhip

Noob
Still, a community letting a char with only 3 winning matchups and 15 losing matchups get top 8 consistently is pretty pathetic I think. You don't see that in any other community as far as I know.
So nobody's playing the game right (except Theo). You and PL have been agreeing a lot lately.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Perfect example of how deluded the Killer Frost forum was and probably still is. A match-up chart of a character better than Killer Frost that is not 7-3ing half the characters in the game lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
True. Thanks for enlightening me on that. Any input on the KF and zod MUs?
Zod gets to run away and wait for trait in the mu. Air zod charge regulates the air and his backdash regulates the ground. She has to either let him corner himself, wait for him to do something dumb like Zod Ball or take a risk to stop his runaway. If he's patient he shouldn't have much trouble running out trait cool down. Then obviously when it's out he's in control. His footsies are not good enough to body her though.

KF 's slide makes it dangerous to play footsies. Her anti air makes it dangerous to jump. Her wakeup slide makes it dangerous to pressure on knockdown. Her parry makes the post slide guessing game dangerous. Her parry also makes d+1~claws dangerous. The risk/reward should always be good for KF, especially since without tait KF should have a strong meterless vortex against her. I don't play this mu but I don't see any reason it should be 5-5 if played correctly.

16Bit is an AMAZING player, flat out, point blank period.

Things to remember when discussing match up numbers and tournaments.

These numbers we throw around, 5-5, 6-4, 7-3, 8-2, 9-1, for those that forget or may not know, the reason they all add up to 10 is because they are based on the scenario that 2 players playing each other are of high and equal skill, and that they play 10 matches.

As Bit mentioned earlier, he was able to beat WhiteBoi in a First to 3, but that does NOT say who the better player is, its not a blow up on Whiteboi. Lets say for make believe we were given a Worlds most correct Matchup chart, and we have Bit and Whiteboi who are of equal skill, and the chart said CW loses to DD 7-3. What that same chart could NEVER tell us is which 3 matches CW will win. You see where im headed with this yet?

Theoretically Catwoman can lose every single match up on the game 7-3 and it would still be possible for Bit to win a major. Because the chart can never tell us which games the person is suppose to win or lose, it is only there to say if equally skilled players play each other in 10 games, the person using character X SHOULD win Y amount of games.

So when you are at a tournament next time, and you see you have to play 16Bit next, dont think to yourself how does my character do against CW, think to yourself how do YOU do against 16Bit. You are playing the person using the character, remember that.

I understand match up numbers and tier list make for fun discussions, but it is also my belief that they are taken way too seriously and ppl put way too much stock into them.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Joker is one of the few I wouldn't take to heart. It's one of my least played MU. It's probably the least useful number I posted outside Grundy. However my theory is he has a good anti-air, he can actually play footsies with her with sweep and crowbar, and he can jump in because her d+2 sucks. She can blow up his jump ins with jump back 2 but he can punish that with gun. Then he should be able to play his oki game well against her shite wakeups. I don't really see a reason it shouldn't be a close MU.
I would agree that Joker is pretty even. Maybe slightly in CW favor, but it's hard to say and like you I lack an appreciable amount of MU experience.
When I've fought it, it feels heavily momentum/life lead based. If Joker is up, he can sit on teeth and such to stop her from getting in and punish her for trying, but when she is up she can get around Joker's normal zoning tools really easily as well as punish dashes and attempts to close the gap. Joker's footsie tools (sweep and d2 {if not cancelled into flower}) are -14f, and I believe she can punish that, but I'm not positive. The oki game is pretty even as well I think, maybe slightly better for her; Joker's flower isn't stuffable on wakeup, but she can force him to respect the MB cat dash gimmick on wakeup (which blows up flower) and block, which opens him up to her 50/50 vortex. When she's knocked down, though, Joker can bull her pretty hard with strong resets and such, but it's somewhat position dependent. Joker is stronger than her in the air and with AA's, but she can space things out more and gain an advantage in that department, so again it comes down to positioning. Her b3 is super good at profiling alot of Joker's options between it's ducking back slightly and going underneath things, but can be dealt with pretty easily with a good reactionary parry or some other stuff on read.
That's about all I can say on the matchup, or at least all that's coming to mind right now. If I had to put a number on it, I'd say it's probably either a 5-5 or a "soft" 6-4 in Catwoman's favor.

Last edited: