What's new

Match-up Discussion Catwoman match up chart

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
There's been a lot of talk lately about where Catwoman stands in the tier list. Everything from bottom 10 to top 10 has been said. Here is my take on Selina's matchups as of June 2014.

The Flash: 5-5
Nightwing: 4-6
Batman: 5-5
Cyborg: 6-4
Green Arrow: 5-5
Superman: 4-6
Martian Manhunter: 4-6
Raven: 5-5
Aquaman: 3-7
Wonder Woman: 4-6
Zatanna: 5-5
Hawkgirl: 5-5
Shazam: 5-5
Green Lantern: 4-6
Batgirl: 5-5
Lobo: 4-6
Joker: 5-5
Harley Quinn: 4-6
Solomon Grundy: 5-5
Zod: 4-6
Lex Luthor: 4-6
Deathstroke: 4-6
Scorpion: 6-4
Ares: 6-4
Killer Frost: 4-6
Doomsday: 4-6
Sinestro: 3-7
Black Adam: 5-5
Bane: 3-7

Winning: 3
Losing: 15
Even: 11

These aren't set in stone. There's a few that I change my mind on and would be different on another day. The majority of these are based on real games and are the common results with a top representative of the characters. Most are not based on theory crafting.

E

Eldriken

I can see Doomsday vs Catwoman being 6-4 in his favor.

Tell you what though, when you're behind the wheel of her, you make that shit look even or in her favor. But only you, sir.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)

For OCD's sakes...

I believe the match up with superman is 5-5.He can't zone you with lasers + his f2 whiffs even in the corner with b3.Played the matchup so many times with Hidan.
Also the match up with lex might be 3-7.It seemed so hard when i played with Niveks Lex or maybe i was doing something wrong.
Very good matchup chart btw

E

Eldriken

For OCD's sakes...
Haha. I love you. <3

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
How, as a community, do we let such a shitty character like this place so well so consistently? Are we all just generally low level?

No. Just a combination of good tournament play and me having more MU knowledge on my side of the MU than most have of her.

Almost all these losing matchups I'm basing on consistently struggling against a representative of the character that agrees with me. For example, Whiteboi agrees she loses that match. He usually wins our sets by a few. However at MLG I won the FT3. I'm not a better player than him, it just happens.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Shazam MU is fine. Nothing i have seen really has shown to be in eithers Favor. Only thing is that i have a Great WU. Although you can probably bait it with a move of some sort. So it becomes a sort of guessing game again. But they each seem to have the tools to deal with each other pretty well.

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.
How, as a community, do we let such a shitty character like this place so well so consistently? Are we all just generally low level?
Or is it possible, seeing as 16bit is the only one that is consistently placing well with her, that he is being rewarded for extreme perseverance, hard work and character loyalty?

Our options are that either she's good and no one seems to have as much success with her except bit, or she's bad and only bit is able to make her seem viable. I tend to believe the latter, but I'm a pretty big fan boy.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I believe the match up with superman is 5-5.He can't zone you with lasers + his f2 whiffs even in the corner with b3.Played the matchup so many times with Hidan.
Also the match up with lex might be 3-7.It seemed so hard when i played with Niveks Lex or maybe i was doing something wrong.
Very good matchup chart btw

He can zone her with lasers. Evade doesn't stop zoning. It's not like it moves her forward. She is still zoned out. MB Cat Dash is generally a bill at shutting down zoning as well.

Jump 1 is a big problem in this MU no one talks about. Blows up her jump attacks.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
He can zone her with lasers. Evade doesn't stop zoning. It's not like it moves her forward. She is still zoned out. MB Cat Dash is generally a bill at shutting down zoning as well.

Jump 1 is a big problem in this MU no one talks about. Blows up her jump attacks.
This.
His j1 is so good. He'll most likely with all a2a.
Evade is pretty easy to bait.