What's new

Guide Catch Me If You Can -- The Flash General Discussion Thread

BCE

Noob
that match was extremely ridiculous, all these techs in here ignored, he didnt even confirmed the LC mb in any combo

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
New flash buff opens up so many options.

Spacing is the first thing that pops into my mind.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
from 100% full screen, 2 dashes puts flash just at the tip of his range range for his d3. I'm pretty sure that he moves farther with his dash now than he used to as well.

You got a lot of options.
1. Block.
2. mb B3 F3
3. Cancel to LK (-5)
4. Cancel to SP (punishable gap)
5. RMSc
6. Throw
7. B22 to D1D2 (after they respect above options)

Flash works heavily on training players to get the opening shots to begin pressure. So when you do get in a blocked string you wanna stay in till you expend a trait or mb. Obviously there are more character specific answers, but above are just general things to try.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Can anyone tell me what flashes biggest combo is from meter burn charge.

One with and one without trait.

Thank you.

SaJa

FH_FenriR

Thank you.

Lightning charge MB, 1, b22f3, charge (30%) It's probably the one you can do constantly online/offline. Online I often go for LC MB, d2, b22f3, Flying upercut (26%) since it's hard to react at time if you hit or not.

Post patch the best way is probably : Lightning charge MB, d2, b3, Ji3, b22f3, charge (32%). Never tried online but since d2 has been buffed it looks to be the best execution/damage combo imo.

With trait I guess it's around 40% :

4, LC MB, LKx2, b22, LK, b22f3, charge (40%).
4, LC MB, LKx3, b2, LK, b22f3, charge (43% and more meter fuel)

You're welcome.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.

Thank you.

LC MB > (step forward) 1,1 > B22F3 lightning charge = 31% is the best I've found so far. Practical as well.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Yeah, I just use MB charge, 11, b22f3 lightning charge as well. It IS possible to do MB charge, 21, b22f3 charge, but it's really hard to do.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Right now I'm doing 25% with a sonic pound to finish.

Charge MB, D2, B22 Sonic pound.

The charge is also a hardknockdown but with b22 sonic pound medium/far as a combo ender you can do ambigu crossups to mindfuck the opponent.

Some mind games with RMC
The MG starts at 1:50

And at 2:10 I did some overhead and low cobfirms using RMC..

Sorry for my english

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Right now I'm doing 25% with a sonic pound to finish.

Charge MB, D2, B22 Sonic pound.
never use sonic pound to end combos, for some reason it loses its untechable knockdown prorties and if they tech roll leaves you at like +3 instead of ending in LC which gives you +31. if you can't do 11 or 1 into b22f3 LC, just do MB LC into 32, that way you are in perfect position for everything.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Some mind games with RMC
The MG starts at 1:50

And at 2:10 I did some overhead and low cobfirms using RMC..

Sorry for my english
it looks like 3 into RMS cancel is really positive on hit. Maybe there is actually some use for standing 3. How is 3, RMS cancel on block? I know that 32 RMS cancel is safe on block (instead of -11), but it's still negative.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Dunno if this was asked before, but what should one focus in Flash regarding his neutral game? I think its my biggest dificulty is the games neutral game, cause I'm used to SF style.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Didn't have time to try it in practice mode yet, but from my online experience I have a doubt : Does the speed dodge can still work against Bane's charge since last patch ? I used to punish his charge everytime using it but since the patch it seems to not work anymore. Maybe it's just me so I'm asking (I'll try it tonight).

Error

DF2+R2
What do you guys think is a good stage for The Flash, I like using Hall of Justice courtyard, but I haven't been using him for that long.