What's new

Guide Catch Me If You Can -- The Flash General Discussion Thread

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
It's possible that d2 is 10f start up and +4 on block. doing d2,d2 trades with reversal sword spin from deathstroke, and I was also able to trade with superman d1.

Like I said, I could punish stuff that was -10 on block with it, but I was never able to punish -9.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
It's possible that d2 is 10f start up and +4 on block. doing d2,d2 trades with reversal sword spin from deathstroke, and I was also able to trade with superman d1.

Like I said, I could punish stuff that was -10 on block with it, but I was never able to punish -9.
It's a kind of low poke as well. Dat hitbox.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
It's a kind of low poke as well. Dat hitbox.
It definitely makes Flash really small when he does it. I don't think his legs and feet are part of his hitbox during most of it. I like being able to pretty much safely whiff it in people's faces, too, since it has almost zero recovery.

Unfortunately, it has kind of crappy horizontal range, so I don't find it very useful as a poke, but it's definitely very good up close. It's one of my favourite normals now.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
It definitely makes Flash really small when he does it. I don't think his legs and feet are part of his hitbox during most of it. I like being able to pretty much safely whiff it in people's faces, too, since it has almost zero recovery.

Unfortunately, it has kind of crappy horizontal range, so I don't find it very useful as a poke, but it's definitely very good up close. It's one of my favourite normals now.
Dude, if it's +4 on block this is huge. you can do it freely after a jump in if the d1d2 can still rise it's free.
D2 can also get under HG's mace charge so his hitbox should be smaller than a normal crouch position (some mids should whiff as well).

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Dude, if it's +4 on block this is huge. you can do it freely after a jump in if the d1d2 can still rise it's free.
D2 can also get under HG's mace charge so his hitbox should be smaller than a normal crouch position (some mids should whiff as well).
I don't know for sure that it's +4, but it really seems like it is. Like i said, at least in practice mode with the AI set to do reversal sword spin with deathstroke, if he blocked d2 and I did another as fast as possible, it would trade with the 6f spin. Unless there is some kind of weird gap in the AI doing reversals (or the start up for sword spin is wrong), that would make it 10f start and +4 on block. I don't know how much it pushes back, though, so I don't know if d1d2 will always reach after having d2 blocked.

I just hope it stays this way and doesn't get stupidly nerfed. If WW can have b1 as a 12f advancing mid that is +4 on block and goes over certain low attacks, I don't see why Flash can't have d2 as a 10f short range mid (and awesome anti air) that is +4 on block and goes under certain mids.

Mosp

Noob
Hey guys, did you know that B22F3 xx Far Sonic pound crosses up on block? :D
It actually doesn't. On crouch block the Sonic pound will whiff and if they are stand blocking for some odd reason it still whiffs. I've looked into this before and it only works if you set the computer to block but if you record the flash doing this setup and block it, it always whiffs.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It actually doesn't. On crouch block the Sonic pound will whiff and if they are stand blocking for some odd reason it still whiffs. I've looked into this before and it only works if you set the computer to block but if you record the flash doing this setup and block it, it always whiffs.
didnt whiff for me.. but didnt test ducking though

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I'm back from vaccation, let me see all those tech :D

1 week, 20 new flash members. 50 new tech thread (some already knew). Big hype !

This has to be the Flash buff stuffs since people start to like playing The Flash as much as Black Adam. I'm not complaining. This is actually pretty cool to keep this forum up !
I would like so much the same thing happening in the Shazam's one ^^

Hey guys, at an attempt for a more concentrated and easily searchable thread on matchups, I want to propose doing a character specific thread for our top 5 worst matchups. Let me know whoe you guys want to start on first. It will probably be one character at a time but lets vote on who to bash first. I want to take at least a full week per character to go through all the various counter pokes and punishes for the matchup and any specific tidbits about when to pushblock or trait etc.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Then the only thing that you might be doing wrong is you're not doing the far sonic pound. You might be doing either the close or mid which will both connect but won't cross up.
nah i did far and it did cross up believe me

AYSAMO

Noob
Hey guys, at an attempt for a more concentrated and easily searchable thread on matchups, I want to propose doing a character specific thread for our top 5 worst matchups. Let me know whoe you guys want to start on first. It will probably be one character at a time but lets vote on who to bash first. I want to take at least a full week per character to go through all the various counter pokes and punishes for the matchup and any specific tidbits about when to pushblock or trait etc.

The only matchups that need to be discussed for Flash for everyone to know:
-Superman
-Batman
-Green Lantern
-Black Adam
-Aquaman

Flash does beat Superman and can hang with most of these characters even, but they're probably the MUs you're going to run into the most, and the most frustrating as they're all top tier.

Other ones that you could probably ellaborate better on because of your scene, are WW and Zod. No idea how to fight either of these characters. Would like to see your thoughts on the MUs.