What's new

Guide Catch Me If You Can -- The Flash General Discussion Thread

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Could i have a overview on the flash please, involving where you think he places on a tier list atm and his pros n cons.
much appriciated.
basically I think he's kind of a rushdown character who has trouble with rushing down due to having short arms and legs, and no really fast normals. All of his specials are basically unsafe and he builds meter slowly. He needs meter to get more than about 25% mid screen. His trait is really good, except that it has crazy-long cool down, only lasts about 5 seconds and gets shut off if he gets hit, pushed blocked or clashed. The majority of his "mid" attacks can be crouched by most of the cast. He has no good answer to zoning because his speed dodge special doesn't work the way it is supposed to, and his running man stance doesn't go under things properly. His anti-air is basically non-existant. He doesn't even have a very fast walk speed.

As it stands, he's basically a whiff punishing character with no fast whiff punishers. If you like to work really hard against everybody else in the game to get wins, then the flash is probably for you.

Apologies if this sounds somewhat flippant, but I (and probably most of the other Flash players here) truly feel this is how Flash is. He needs a lot of help. If I had to give some pros, he can punish things pretty well at mid screen because lightning charge is very fast, and if you actually get a punish situation up close, he does a lot of damage with his 1 meter + trait punish combos (like 50-60%). If you can get a knockdown, he has a pretty good 50/50 game up close, but most characters can just back dash him and get away for free. His overhead string is crouchable in the middle for a full punish, in spite of the fact that it is supposed to hit mid.

AndyrooxDS

Fully charged
basically I think he's kind of a rushdown character who has trouble with rushing down due to having short arms and legs, and no really fast normals. All of his specials are basically unsafe and he builds meter slowly. He needs meter to get more than about 25% mid screen. His trait is really good, except that it has crazy-long cool down, only lasts about 5 seconds and gets shut off if he gets hit, pushed blocked or clashed. The majority of his "mid" attacks can be crouched by most of the cast. He has no good answer to zoning because his speed dodge special doesn't work the way it is supposed to, and his running man stance doesn't go under things properly. His anti-air is basically non-existant. He doesn't even have a very fast walk speed.

As it stands, he's basically a whiff punishing character with no fast whiff punishers. If you like to work really hard against everybody else in the game to get wins, then the flash is probably for you.

Apologies if this sounds somewhat flippant, but I (and probably most of the other Flash players here) truly feel this is how Flash is. He needs a lot of help. If I had to give some pros, he can punish things pretty well at mid screen because lightning charge is very fast, and if you actually get a punish situation up close, he does a lot of damage with his 1 meter + trait punish combos (like 50-60%). If you can get a knockdown, he has a pretty good 50/50 game up close, but most characters can just back dash him and get away for free. His overhead string is crouchable in the middle for a full punish, in spite of the fact that it is supposed to hit mid.
Haha ouch, alright thanks

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Flash kinda sucks :/ Raven and Flash are my two favorite DC heroes and both aren't as good as superman.

There are just too many holes with Flash when facing the boy in blue, that he can easily overcome. Heck be cheap and spam lasers for some awesome dmg and what can flash do about it? Lol

:'( *a thousand tears*

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Flash kinda sucks :/ Raven and Flash are my two favorite DC heroes and both aren't as good as superman.

There are just too many holes with Flash when facing the boy in blue, that he can easily overcome. Heck be cheap and spam lasers for some awesome dmg and what can flash do about it? Lol

:'( *a thousand tears*
Here comes your secondary. Mine is BA.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Sup, so Aris (Avoiding the puddle) posted this vid here showing some tech that let's you special cancel normals on whiff on the opponents wakeup...seems to be something that was in MK9 also.
Just thought I'd spread the word so here

Not sure if flash players were aware of this...? If they are, does it help? And if not, would it?

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Not sure if flash players were aware of this...? If they are, does it help? And if not, would it?
I've definitely seen the video. I'm not sure how much it really helps flash. You could I guess do b2 or f2 as the meaty and cancel into lightning kick and get a combo if their wake up stays on the ground, but there are probably better things that flash can do against people who like to wake up attack after a hard knockdown, like OTG sonic pound cross ups.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
Could i have a overview on the flash please, involving where you think he places on a tier list atm and his pros n cons.
much appriciated.
He's borderline hitting A+ very soon, the type of tech he is coming out with is absolutely ridiculous. Incredibly high learning curve, not an easy character to play with. To play this character you must know this characters situations inside and out.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Yeah, similar to mk9. Flash can counter wakeups having no invincible shit with his d1 like lobo's wakeups, deathstroke's flipblade wakeup, etc..., and for some other who have invincible startup, you can d1+sonic pound (close). Works against the superman's low grab for example.

He's borderline hitting A+ very soon, the type of tech he is coming out with is absolutely ridiculous. Incredibly high learning curve, not an easy character to play with. To play this character you must know this characters situations inside and out.

Damn you did a complete 180 didnt you!

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Yeah. It took some time to figure it all out, but yeah. I don't know though still. I still think that he deserves some mids and a little better jailing, then hes's a true A+.

I like you, we need more people on the forums this amp'd about their character!

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
I like you, we need more people on the forums this amp'd about their character!
i'm not sure if thats sarcastic but, I care about my character, the flash. im not concerned about my gl because you know, hes broken lol.
I don't think flash is entirely terrible like we are making out to be, hes probably a low A tier.
I think if he got his mids he'd be ready to go, make his phase a true 0 frame, and his B22 a bit faster.
I did a lot of training with him and am learning to work around things and flash can deal with it.

DGOD PSYCHO

#YOLOSWAGMUFFIN
So like. I was on PJS live stream right
I wake up twice to a KF slide, and my whole wake up glitches through her body twice and costed me the match.
SMH netherrealm lol fix that non sense xD
SO SALTY!