What's new

Guide Catch Me If You Can -- The Flash General Discussion Thread

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I have always said and still believe watchtower is tops. Also, speed dodge works vs bane its free.

Yeah I've noticed that, I was scared after that last patch, thx god lol. We can still whiff punish his x3 charge. :p
My favorite stage is metropolis street because of the left corner. ^^ And the transition to the roof make them wanna eat some charges. :D

About RMS, Flash has still a low hitbox while he is running up close right ? I mean, I can run under sinestro and some other's projectiles, kind of weird.

Oh and I didn't even know we could MB the RMS f1 lool. I'm so dumb. The charge is 11f, and the RMS f1 is 6 frame so I thought it wasn't the same move. :/

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Yeah I've noticed that, I was scared after that last patch, thx god lol. We can still whiff punish his x3 charge. :p
My favorite stage is metropolis street because of the left corner. ^^ And the transition to the roof make them wanna eat some charges. :D

About RMS, Flash has still a low hitbox while he is running up close right ? I mean, I can run under sinestro and some other's projectiles, kind of weird.

Oh and I didn't even know we could MB the RMS f1 lool. I'm so dumb. The charge is 11f, and the RMS f1 is 6 frame so I thought it wasn't the same move. :/
RMS is only actually low hitbox when he is in the sprinter's crouch. Once you start running, things like batman's grapple gun hit him still. The hitbox when he is running is definitely small, but not actually small enough to go under everything.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
RMS is only actually low hitbox when he is in the sprinter's crouch. Once you start running, things like batman's grapple gun hit him still. The hitbox when he is running is definitely small, but not actually small enough to go under everything.

It does against sinestro's fireball up close, as well as some other char, I swear I've not dreamed !

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Fear blast actually even says that it's a mid, although it obviously isn't. Like I said, and like you said, you CAN run under certain things, but not all things. I'm 100% sure that batman grapple gun hits you out of RMS running, but Flash crouches under it if he is in neutral RMS. There are definitely more things that hit Flash out of his run than grapple gun, though, I just don't remember what they are at the moment.

I think you can run under Joker's gun, too, but I think Green Lantern's Oa rocket hits.

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Fear blast actually even says that it's a mid, although it obviously isn't. Like I said, and like you said, you CAN run under certain things, but not all things. I'm 100% sure that batman grapple gun hits you out of RMS running, but Flash crouches under it if he is in neutral RMS. There are definitely more things that hit Flash out of his run than grapple gun, though, I just don't remember what they are at the moment.

I think you can run under Joker's gun, too, but I think Green Lantern's Oa rocket hits.
I'm pretty sure that Oa Rocket will whiff unless meter burned.

Kiko

Face it, you're done.
Helpful hint to all Flash's

D2 (interrupts everything) > B3 > j3 > 3,2 >>> OTG sonic pound mixup all day long

I love flash in this game. I think they should have given him an escape run that could make him go to the other side (like in mkvsdc) to counter zoners.

BoricuaHeat

PSN:KrocoCola
I love flash in this game. I think they should have given him an escape run that could make him go to the other side (like in mkvsdc) to counter zoners.
That would have been so sick, but dodging a projectile then going in for a lighting football charge for free damage is pretty cool too.

BoricuaHeat

It's not universal, but in some metagames this is very useful!
Actually I tested today and F2 RMS cancel is plus 1 on block, so it has more uses than we think, because we can option select into f21 if it hits or RMS if it doesn't. Here's a vid shaky cam, needed to get superman to mash out jab while recording(got it at the 7 second mark).

AYSAMO

Noob
Helpful hint to all Flash's

D2 (interrupts everything) > B3 > j3 > 3,2 >>> OTG sonic pound mixup all day long

You can mash on d2 all day against superman and he can't f2 ever. It's great lol.

And is RMS +1 after f2 only on hit or on block? because I would much rather do f21 SP for the crossup situation instead of most likely trading a d1 after f2 + RMSC.

BoricuaHeat

You can mash on d2 all day against superman and he can't f2 ever. It's great lol.

And is RMS +1 after f2 only on hit or on block? because I would much rather do f21 SP for the crossup situation instead of most likely trading a d1 after f2 + RMSC.
RMS cancelled F2 is +1 on block and +5 on hit, if you master hit confirming f2 into the second part of the string; canceling f2 for extra pressure is a good tool to have, grinding it out in training mode as much as I can till it becomes second nature.

AYSAMO

Noob
RMS cancelled F2 is +1 on block and +5 on hit, if you master hit confirming f2 into the second part of the string; canceling f2 for extra pressure is a good tool to have, grinding it out in training mode as much as I can till it becomes second nature.

Being +1 is just too sketchy for me off RMS personally.

Derocus

'The Cage Mage'
IMO. The most satisfying thing to do as flash is to speed dodge a corner car like the ones in Wayne manor and Metropolis or the tree on Themyscira and getting a bf2 EX corner combo.

You could say it's quite... Flashy. :cool:

BoricuaHeat

IMO. The most satisfying thing to do as flash is to speed dodge a corner car like the ones in Wayne manor and Metropolis or the tree on Themyscira and getting a bf2 EX corner combo.

You could say it's quite... Flashy. :cool:
I think the Flash would put it as....Too fast for ya!?

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
I was testing today, and I'm pretty sure now that d2 is 10f start up. It can punish Wonder Woman amazon uppercut on block (-10) and Flash d1d2d3 (also -10), but I was unable to punish WW lasso spin (-9) or WW 23 (also -9). I still think it's either +2 or +3 on block.

BoricuaHeat

I was testing today, and I'm pretty sure now that d2 is 10f start up. It can punish Wonder Woman amazon uppercut on block (-10) and Flash d1d2d3 (also -10), but I was unable to punish WW lasso spin (-9) or WW 23 (also -9). I still think it's either +2 or +3 on block.
Hmm weird, I always trade with Superman's d1 after he blocked b22(+3) and I could trade with corp charge from Lexie same scenario, which both start up at 6 frames. So I always assumed it was a d2 with start up of 9 frames plus 3 advantage on block since I could trade again with another d2.

Hiltzy85

I'm THAT fast
Hmm weird, I always trade with Superman's d1 after he blocked b22(+3) and I could trade with corp charge from Lexie same scenario, which both start up at 6 frames. So I always assumed it was a d2 with start up of 9 frames plus 3 advantage on block since I could trade again with another d2.
I mean, it's possible that it's 9f, but I was able to punish -9 stuff with flash's 21 at least sometimes (not very consistently), which is listed at 9f, and never able to do it with d2