What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Lmao I'm dying right now at everybody going in on her new skin. Y'all are CMTFU lmao. Especially V. Then again, I'm the guy who thinks she looks way better in this game than what she did in MKX even though I liked her in that game too.

JDE

She DOES THOUGH!
Yeah like real shit. I was already a fan of Cassie when she was introduced in the series, but this game established her as one of my favorite characters now besides Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Kitana, Mileena, Jade, Liu Kang, Raiden, & Sonya. She's right beside the ninjas which are my top 6. Not to mention that Christina Eenigenburg makes it really hard not to fall in love with her. Like she's drop dead gorgeous. Smh.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I don't understand the confusion. It was always obviously based off of her MKX era Endurance costume. Why would they give out the body suit when all people do is complain about the females being too covered and her costumes being "too similar"? Be careful what you wish for eh? Honestly it'll probably look great with the inevitable blue one that looks more closely to MKX. I plan on using and enjoying the skin cause whenever I played Cassie I used her Endurance skin. Cassie been eating good lately with her new skins and gear.

JDE

I don't understand the confusion. It was always obviously based off of her MKX era Endurance costume. Why would they give out the body suit when all people do is complain about the females being too covered and her costumes being "too similar"? Be careful what you wish for eh? Honestly it'll probably look great with the inevitable blue one that looks more closely to MKX. I plan on using and enjoying the skin cause whenever I played Cassie I used her Endurance skin. Cassie been eating good lately with her new skins and gear.
I don't understand why she generally gets hate in this game (casually from ppl here) & then high praise in MKX period to be honest lol.

JDE

IMO she was worse in both moveset and costumes in X But some people like her hair bun and her moves I guess

I don't Count of her Spartan Rip off suits in 11
The undercut with the bun was a dope look yeah I agree, but she looks more mature with the ponytail & it puts her resemblance closer to Sonya imo (I generally just have a thing for girls who flaunt long hair xD so I am a little bit biased). The whole goal of Cassie was to give her the best traits of both Sonya & Johnny. MKX I saw more "Johnny Cage" of her come out than Sonya. This game it's a little bit more different, but I feel like it's a balance of both of both verbally & physically.

Still though. I was rolling watching comments.

Espio

Kokomo
Lead Moderator
I don't understand why she generally gets hate in this game (casually from ppl here) & then high praise in MKX period to be honest lol.
It's the Cassie players doing most of the hating lol. Cassie getting her Endurance skin and having a better body suit in this game gives her an edge over X. I like both her voice actors in each game so I am neutral on that, she has her moments. I think I liked Cassie's humor better in X though. Neither is a bad depiction.

JDE

It's the Cassie players doing most of the hating lol. Cassie getting her Endurance skin and having a better body suit in this game gives her an edge over X. I like both her voice actors in each game so I am neutral on that, she has her moments. I think I liked Cassie's humor better in X though. Neither is a bad depiction.
Oh she was definitely funnier in MKX than in this game. I can't really comment on the VAs since I like both, granted I've been a fan of Erica Linbeck's for a while. Sometimes, people have to realize that it's not the VAs faults that the next one either stepped down or didn't get the role for the said characters. So that right there is them reaching. I feel the same way about Sonya & Ronda Rousey too even though I liked the VA before Ronda.

Last edited:

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Look, I honestly only picked Cassie strictly because she was a fine ass blonde. They are my absolute weakness. This skin is AMAZING. Her, just like most of the females in MKX, were ugly. MK11 these women actually look good!

#SheCanGetIt

The undercut with the bun was a dope look yeah I agree, but she looks more mature with the ponytail & it puts her resemblance closer to Sonya imo (I generally just have a thing for girls who flaunt long hair xD so I am a little bit biased). The whole goal of Cassie was to give her the best traits of both Sonya & Johnny. MKX I saw more "Johnny Cage" of her come out than Sonya. This game it's a little bit more different, but I feel like it's a balance of both of both verbally & physically.

Still though. I was rolling watching comments.
Agreed. I'm okay with her new skin because it does resemble something I can see Sonya in. Like you said, in MKX Cassie was basically "female Johnny Cage" whereas in MK11 there's conscious decision to model her a little bit more after her mother while still retaining her Cage persona.

JDE

Agreed. I'm okay with her new skin because it does resemble something I can see Sonya in. Like you said, in MKX Cassie was basically "female Johnny Cage" whereas in MK11 there's conscious decision to model her a little bit more after her mother while still retaining her Cage persona.
Different strokes, different folks I guess lol. I just think it's insane that people call her ugly in this game when she's clearly not lmao. Actually makes a lot of sense that they did what they did too seeing with how the story turned out.

Art Lean

Noob
The barriers of female body exposure seem to steadily be breaking down with each passing new skin pack that's released.

Jade and Cetrion's horror costumes are showing off a fair amount of their saucy areas.

Whilst Sindel's practically falling out of one of her human skins.

However it's the fact that they've gone to such realistic lengths to give Cassie VPL in her new shorts and Sonya's nipple bulges are visible on her Sarah Connor skin...

... I'm quite confident that two years down the line we'll be getting some very revealing outfits by that point - not MK9 level, but certainly things a lot more risqué than this game was on launch (not that I'm craving it, just an observation).