What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
bad match ups aren't 5-5

The fact that this character can outzone most of the cast and has some of the best rush down tools like a 9 Frame mid thats PLUS 0 on block for some reason... This character is just as much as a potato to play as superman or atrocitus in INJ 2. Its funny how people in this thread think S+ tier characters take "fundamentals" or any skill to play. Hell even geras is less braindead than her and has worst match ups
Ill tell you like I tell everyone who down plays Seeing Double , I learned him FOR Cassie. Know what he has? A 9f mid. A low projectile. A fullscreen tele that leaves cassie where you want her, in range of b3s very tip. Suddenly practical krushing blows. F22 to bait after you condition them to low block, then b1 into crushing blows. A great anti air in f3. I believe its 6-4 noob. I dont play Jade, but I can Imagine she does favorably based on tool kti. KAbal is almost similar to Cassie, but aerial, and more mixups. Time will tell, but I fully believe these are all hard, maybe 6-4s. Cassie cant zone, and has to work her ass off to get in. Still, I dont think any character has NO bad matchups, and cassie is one with the f

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
I just hate how flooded ranked is with Cassie now that people know that she‘s actually really good. I can‘t really get behind that bandwagon mentality
Why would people not play a strong character in ranked? They want to win and Cassie is a good way to do it.

Every digital soldier cassie combo is your full combo into a restand, into a inescapable you just have to guess throw/f4 combo 50/50, nobody else in the game has anything like that so if you wanna win its a pretty good way to get there.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I just hate how flooded ranked is with Cassie now that people know that she‘s actually really good. I can‘t really get behind that bandwagon mentality
Yeah, but those of us that have been maining Cassie since Week 1 (or Week 2 for myself) and have been putting in the work on her have the upper hand since we know the character better than they do.

sars

Noob
On a funny note I was playing against a digital soldier Cassie and they by accidentally did flipping out. I been there so I wasn’t gonna punish them cause I’m nice, and you could tell he was new to playing her. After 10 years and he recovered I’m like I’ll just throw him, and got crushing blowed. Never being nice again lol

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Why would people not play a strong character in ranked? They want to win and Cassie is a good way to do it.

Every digital soldier cassie combo is your full combo into a restand, into a inescapable you just have to guess throw/f4 combo 50/50, nobody else in the game has anything like that so if you wanna win its a pretty good way to get there.
I mean people can pick up Cass all they want, but they'll realize it takes more than a few hours to get her combos down XD so that easy win isn't going to be that easy after all.

sars

Noob
5? Damn that sucks. Cause of disconnects?
Yeah, except for one. One of them everything went normally it even gave me my points after the game but than when we got to main menu they didn’t add up and the win did not count. I think it just was an error. The other 4 were def disconnects

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3

I get that mentality if you‘re playing for money or a rank or whatever and having a good character is necessary to make your chances to win as high as possible. But ranked is nothing more than a quick game casual mode so why not just play with the character you have fun with instead of hoping from the character to character depending on who‘s the best atm.
it‘s nothing new and winning is fun yeah but this „only playing the best and easiest to pick up characters“ mentality isn‘t good.
Mkx sq d‘vorah is a Great example for that, there was no point in the game where she was not top tier and still most people never touched her because apparently she was way too hard to play when in reality she required a bit more than average execution but still more than other top tiers.
I mean everyone can play who they want and if they want to get their wins as easy as possible it‘s completely fine, it‘s just a very weak mindset in my opinion.

It was better last night, I ranked up! Finished 11-3 or 10-3 not too sure. Didn't get any quitters last night so that was good.
I did not try Kombat League yet. But somebody needs to have bad stat so I will join soon. :D
I just watched Scar's stream and saw his 8-8 stat and thought: if a pro player has 8-8 (and really good opponents) I will be 0-50. :D

And it was pretty much Sonya-Jaqui-Erron-Geras-Scorp matches... :) It was not Cassie there but maybe luck.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I did not try Kombat League yet. But somebody needs to have bad stat so I will join soon. :D
I just watched Scar's stream and saw his 8-8 stat and thought: if a pro player has 8-8 (and really good opponents) I will be 0-50. :D
It actually depends on your actual ranked rank, from before the KL. I only played 3 matches in there so I was against newbies.

It actually depends on your actual ranked rank, from before the KL. I only played 3 matches in there so I was against newbies.
Oh that's nice and makes sense Scar played against other pros most of the time.
My online ranked stat was 4-0 but mostly against newbies.

That's good if the game tries to balance the skill (stat) level. And maybe getting better and better opponents until the point I can not win more than lose.
I am not a stat whore but when I see my stat I have always nerves.. If I have good stat I feel me losing bad... If I have bad stat or does not count I am free and play my best. :D

I try to think to ranked with positive mind set. Good opportunity to learn things but not playing too much with each opponent to be frustrated or bored.
I still like longer sets as there is a chance to get to know each other better and condition. Different feeling than playing random opponents after 2-3 matches. Everybody just drops the text book shit and when you read game is over. :)

Yeah my first Cassie match vs. Scorpion disconnected when I was winning (he was really bad player though just did the unsafe things without too much thinking). I lost due to my daily network maintenance never mind. :)
This was my 2nd match the first was a win with Scorpion against Sonya.
Just playing with priorities (Scorp first) haha.

Against Scorpion I will always pick Cassie it is fun. Scorpion mirror is too much teleport in one match. :)

Never mind my 3rd match was against also a Scorpion so I could win with Cassie officially. :p

I won all my games so far (5-0 after 4-0 ranked before so I am rookie) but watched my replays and it's pathetic.
So many annoying mistakes which could have been better... In Sonicfox videos it looks much easier and obvious... lol.

I think I will develop pretty well with ranked especially if I get better opponents who forces me to play better. In Kasual it was easy lazy practicing - that's more stressful. I can not play too much either 5 were enough. :)
But I still prefer good long sets with good partner - it might be more fun if the partner is good.

Last edited:
Do you have any counter play tips against Cassie?
I have almost zero match up exp and want to prepare.
In mirror I guess i "just" need to outplay her with the same tools. Try to be more patient etc.

With Scorpion I believe Cassie outfootsies him and better in B2/F2 range and Scorpion's chance is dancing around B2 range and try to whiff punish or react/read projectile with teleport, anti air etc. For read purposes Reborn cancel is better as not neccesarily full combo punish.
Who is more patient play...

Any tips are welcome even in private if you do not want to share counter strategies. ;)

If there is anybody from Europe I would play with him/her. If the skill gap is too much well we at least tried.
I want to improve with my limited chances (family guy). :)

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Do you have any counter play tips against Cassie?
I have almost zero match up exp and want to prepare.
In mirror I guess i "just" need to outplay her with the same tools. Try to be more patient etc.

With Scorpion I believe Cassie outfootsies him and better in B2/F2 range and Scorpion's chance is dancing around B2 range and try to whiff punish or react/read projectile with teleport, anti air etc. For read purposes Reborn cancel is better as not neccesarily full combo punish.
Who is more patient play...

Any tips are welcome even in private if you do not want to share counter strategies. ;)

If there is anybody from Europe I would play with him/her. If the skill gap is too much well we at least tried.
I want to improve with my limited chances (family guy). :)
I‘m from Europe but I haven‘t played Cassie in ages, dunno if I‘d be a big help in this matchup

I‘m from Europe but I haven‘t played Cassie in ages, dunno if I‘d be a big help in this matchup
Well that does not mean you do not play Cassie much better than me.
I am just an old average player who tries to approach the game with thinking.

We can try to play and see if it is fun in this or any match up if you are okay with that.
I will add you later.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
@Professor Oak I am starting to get what you meant about F4, I started using it more and it does just bypass neutral all together. You can pretty much do it whenever you want with little risk. I used b24 a lot to whiff punish and that's why I never really thought about abusing F4, but man it is a strong move.

@Professor Oak I am starting to get what you meant about F4, I started using it more and it does just bypass neutral all together. You can pretty much do it whenever you want with little risk. I used b24 a lot to whiff punish and that's why I never really thought about abusing F4, but man it is a strong move.
Can you explain the bypass neutral part?

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Can you explain the bypass neutral part?
You don't need to use spacing like you would if you'd try to catch them whiffing with B24, you can throw out F4 and hit them pressing buttons most of the time and if they're blocking? Shimmy and throw it out again. After a restand, it's a guaranteed combo if you time it right and you don't need to move one inch. And if it hits it staggers even if you don't hit confirm in the combo, you can just grab them. They jump? F4. Baraka blade lunge? F4. Erron Black drop kick? F4. They breakaway from a combo? They can't wake up now, so you F4 into a combo.

Cassie can pretty much open people up very easily and if they don't have defensive meter, you can get two back to back combos.