What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

sars

Noob
I been going through all her moves,I still don’t understand why we have cancel guns. It is so useless, not only is it minus 1 million but nothing jailed into gunshot. You can duck it after every string. There is no threat in canceling guns. They had a good opportunity for pressur and blew it.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
I been going through all her moves,I still don’t understand why we have cancel guns. It is so useless, not only is it minus 1 million but nothing jailed into gunshot. You can duck it after every string. There is no threat in canceling guns. They had a good opportunity for pressur and blew it.
It is ok for zoning. When you get a knockdown off low shot you can charge and cancel to throw off timing or add 1% to the next shot. Could be be a lot better, but could also be worse.

sars

Noob
It is ok for zoning. When you get a knockdown off low shot you can charge and cancel to throw off timing or add 1% to the next shot. Could be be a lot better, but could also be worse.
I don’t think it adds any value to Cassie at all. Just my opinion. I’ve also havnt seen it used in any tournaments I have watched. Maybe I’ll change my mind. Why would I charge it, very few people will get hit by a charged shot. Just duck it. I havnt messed around with it, I just think there are very little situations where it’s actually worth doing it. I will mess around with it though. You never know but at first impression it’s not good. I will start using it at range in matches to see if it actually fakes people out or something. I don’t like giving up on tools until I do the testing

Last edited:

Goatlegs

Noob
Having a projectile that you can charge and cancel automatically gives it mind games from a distance. It’s a great conditioning tool. For example, if you’re opponent is jumping over your shots, holding for just a second will catch them out of the air. If they start crouching your shots, hold and cancel and condition them to walk forward when you draw. Then next time release the shots right away and they’ll probably walk right into them. Now they’re confused and have to guess every time you draw. Obviously this is less effective in a zoning fight or against teleporters, but we still have our low profiling low shot.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the best projectile and I kind of hate the amplify version, but saying it has little value is pretty absurd. This coupled with low shots’ ability to go under high projectiles, imo, make her a pretty good threat outside of jump distance.

Now db3 on other hand...someone is gonna have to sell me on this one lol.

sars

Noob
Having a projectile that you can charge and cancel automatically gives it mind games from a distance. It’s a great conditioning tool. For example, if you’re opponent is jumping over your shots, holding for just a second will catch them out of the air. If they start crouching your shots, hold and cancel and condition them to walk forward when you draw. Then next time release the shots right away and they’ll probably walk right into them. Now they’re confused and have to guess every time you draw. Obviously this is less effective in a zoning fight or against teleporters, but we still have our low profiling low shot.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the best projectile and I kind of hate the amplify version, but saying it has little value is pretty absurd. This coupled with low shots’ ability to go under high projectiles, imo, make her a pretty good threat outside of jump distance.

Now db3 on other hand...someone is gonna have to sell me on this one lol.
Guns isnt useless at all and i never said that. I just think the cancle isnt that good. Its nice to have high guns and a mid gun that goes under highs. Where did i say the guns were useless.

Goatlegs

Noob
Guns isnt useless at all and i never said that. I just think the cancle isnt that good. Its nice to have high guns and a mid gun that goes under highs. Where did i say the guns were useless.
I never said you said guns were useless. This wasn't even specifically directed at you, but for anyone who thinks the cancels aren't that good.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the best projectile and I kind of hate the amplify version, but saying it has little value is pretty absurd.
By "it" I was referring to the cancels, my mistake if that was unclear.

sars

Noob
I never said you said guns were useless. This wasn't even specifically directed at you, but for anyone who thinks the cancels aren't that good.

By "it" I was referring to the cancels, my mistake if that was unclear.
I got you. I just don’t think they will be that useful at a high level. Like I said I could be wrong. It is way to early to tell. I havnt used it in a match yet but I will add it to my game and see if it works out. I do agree it is nice to have the option, I just don’t see that much value in it.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I use it sometimes after b2 they‘re always expecting b24 so you can cancel, walk back and fish for a poke etc and do another b2.

It‘s not a great tool but it has it‘s purpose especially in long sets where you need to mix things up here and there it catches a lot of people surprisingly

sars

Noob
I use it sometimes after b2 they‘re always expecting b24 so you can cancel, walk back and fish for a poke etc and do another b2.

It‘s not a great tool but it has it‘s purpose especially in long sets where you need to mix things up here and there it catches a lot of people surprisingly
Yeah I get that, I was just more excited when I saw it, now using it is a letdown. I also guess if we had good cancele pressure Cassie would be OP.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Cassie would be top tier if her corner game wasn't the absolute worst out there. [would also help if her combos weren't wonky depending on body type of her opponent]
I really hope they fix that, it's ridiculous. The second or third day the game was out I nearly had a heart attack when I couldn't connect B2,4 after a J2 on Jacqui, I thought they had nerfed her again. It's still doable but requires exact timing, which is fine by me, but still I'd like for her combos to at least work on everyone the same way it's ridiculous that they don't.

Also, on the topic of her gun cancels, they are freaking great for zoning/counter-zoning. When people see me charge them they usually are afraid to move because I could release them at any moment, you can also use it for AA if they're trying to get in, or cancel and go into low gunshot. I've had a lot of success doing that if I find myself full screen and I even had a match against a Noob that tried to zone me out and it didn't work out well for him at all. Low gunshot is still better in every aspect, but both together make for some amazing mind games.

Blewdew

Yeah I get that, I was just more excited when I saw it, now using it is a letdown. I also guess if we had good cancele pressure Cassie would be OP.
Would be cool if they would let us recover faster From it for a bar so we can at least combo on hit like sonya. Then you could hitconfirm her b24 and f41 into 34 so we actually get some damage in the corner.
It doesn‘t need to be plus on block or anything like that but her cornergame is so dependend on conditioning right now it‘s ridiculous

sars

Noob
Would be cool if they would let us recover faster From it for a bar so we can at least combo on hit like sonya. Then you could hitconfirm her b24 and f41 into 34 so we actually get some damage in the corner.
It doesn‘t need to be plus on block or anything like that but her cornergame is so dependend on conditioning right now it‘s ridiculous
Yeah we have all the tools to keep them in the corner, but only 2 strings we can get decent damage off of and you can block both low. I also agree it doesn’t need to be plus on block but it also doesn’t need to be -20 or -30 depending on the string.

Ardul

Noob
Before the patch b2,4,3 jails, that was a important nerf for her imo. Now, after b2,4 in block, opponent can d1 safety when they got KB before.

Additionally her wall game is trash. So sad.

Could you not cancel into nutkick or lowgun after B24 if you expect the neutral duck or poke. Yeah it was a nerf but it was important to prevent Cassie from herp-derping with B243 spam.

The s1 nerf kinda sucked for her corner game, that honestly should be looked at. It's really silly that her main combos do not work in the corner.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Before the patch b2,4,3 jails, that was a important nerf for her imo. Now, after b2,4 in block, opponent can d1 safety when they got KB before.

You can jail d3 into 111

Blewdew

It was a gapless safe hit confirmable string coming from an 11f advancing mid, it‘s fine the way it is now. If you think they poke you can mbbf4 and still be -4 if they block

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
would you all still play Cassie If she only had recolored skins of this? 14466
has to be one of me few skins I would rather not see unlocking a chest or after a tower. also Many of her glasses are bleh

Last edited:

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
would you all still play Cassie If she only had recolored skins of this?View attachment 14466
has to be one of me few skins I would rather not see unlocking a chest or after a tower
I don't think I could, anytime I see Cass in those outfits I just feel like it isn't her like I'm playing against a completely different character. These outfits really don't fit her at all, and not to mention they're ugly AF.