What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

i'm not sure if the recent patch messed something up, but her kb on throw won't trigger ? Even after i've stacked up an escape throw fail. Anyone else experiencing this ?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Brutalities didn’t seem too good or unique in this game. I swear MKX had more.
How’s every enjoying Cassie so far

I haven't seen very many brutalities as of yet, so I'm still hopeful lol, and Cassie, once you get her timing down, in conjunction with the online lag, it feels sooo satisfying hitting her combos, I only wish she had a better third move, and not that useless pistol somersault, but I think NRS said they were rolling out more tournament variations, so we'll see. Definitely reccomend giving her a try !

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
She has a cool brutality on her B1,3 hit that I unlocked a few days ago, it's pretty funny. I hope she has one for the nut kick!

DRGross said Cassie might be one of the best characters in this game.
Seen his stream a few days ago and ye nobody could beat his cassie.

still, it might be way too early to tell whether cassie is S tier
She is pretty great, I'm not an amazing player by any means and I have a positive W/L ratio, 30/22, which never happens to me in FGs. Her F4,2 is literally the best punish tool in this entire game. I think people are still figuring out timing and execution with her, as I am too, but once we do and they'll see how great she is and they'll get all aboard the Cassie train. With all the matches I played online, not ONE of them was against another Cassie, which is insane to me.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
She has a cool brutality on her B1,3 hit that I unlocked a few days ago, it's pretty funny. I hope she has one for the nut kick!

She is pretty great, I'm not an amazing player by any means and I have a positive W/L ratio, 30/22, which never happens to me in FGs. Her F4,2 is literally the best punish tool in this entire game. I think people are still figuring out timing and execution with her, as I am too, but once we do and they'll see how great she is and they'll get all aboard the Cassie train. With all the matches I played online, not ONE of them was against another Cassie, which is insane to me.
Cause mirror matches are terrible! :p

I haven't seen many either actually. I pretty much only play vs scorpions, noobs, and liu kangs. Just fought my first Kollector last night and boy did I get mopped. Wtf was going on there?! It was like a tornado of arms flying everywhere! bahaha

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Cause mirror matches are terrible! :p

I haven't seen many either actually. I pretty much only play vs scorpions, noobs, and liu kangs. Just fought my first Kollector last night and boy did I get mopped. Wtf was going on there?! It was like a tornado of arms flying everywhere! bahaha
Man, I don't understand anything that's happening when I fight the Kollector. Things fly everywhere I just try to block and duck under his chakram, it staggers for an eternity.

Gross is also a tech monster, though. He was responsible for the corner shenanigans and safe jump setups in the last game too.

I think B2 is her best string especially to whiff punish, but F4 serves a different purpose in that it forces the opponent to mash pokes, in which case you can not F4, shimmy and B2 instead.

It's way, way too early to talk about tiers, but Cassie still seems more honest than a few characters -- Geras, Sonya, Scorpion, Erron and perhaps Sub Zero are strong candidates to be above her now. When the game matures, and people figure out gimmicks, the neutral game that Cassie has will probably see her hovering around S tier unless there are nerfs.

GLB Phantom Fiction

Ravenous - Catwoman- Cassie
I unlocked her brutalities on Ball Buster and BLB-118 Energy Burst.

Also the switch version had different brutalities unlocked by default than the PS4 version so I saw her f421 brutality too.

They are all pretty good.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I unlocked her brutalities on Ball Buster and BLB-118 Energy Burst.

Also the switch version had different brutalities unlocked by default than the PS4 version so I saw her f421 brutality too.

They are all pretty good.
Yo what's her ball buster brutality look like? You got a video of it :D

With all the matches I played online, not ONE of them was against another Cassie, which is insane to me.
ye, cassie mirrors are pretty rare, I haven't run into one cassie yet nor on PS4 or switch.
most ppl play either scorp or at least few ppl counter pick me with scorp lol, noob and some kabals

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
ye, cassie mirrors are pretty rare, I haven't run into one cassie yet nor on PS4 or switch.
most ppl play either scorp or at least few ppl counter pick me with scorp lol, noob and some kabals
Yeah lots of Scorpions on my end too.

It's way, way too early to talk about tiers, but Cassie still seems more honest than a few characters -- Geras, Sonya, Scorpion, Erron and perhaps Sub Zero are strong candidates to be above her now.
subzero feels kinda weak and limited without the ice clone, but maybe that's just me.
been labbing cassie and sub the last few days and cassie feels stronger