What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

sars

Noob
I dont know where she will fall on the tier list but she will be top 10 i bet. She has tools for everything, she just doesnt excell at anything except footsies. You def have to play smart. Way different from MKX where you just 50/50 someone to death.

I really wish her gun dash cancle was more useful

sars

Noob
Just decided to try and sub cassie. Which ranked variation is her best as she can get combos of her ground guns or that drone stun?
I like the one with knee capping. It has so many uses. Great for antzoning cause you can go under high projectiles with your own projectile. Some people like the other veriations though.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Gross is also a tech monster, though. He was responsible for the corner shenanigans and safe jump setups in the last game too.

I think B2 is her best string especially to whiff punish, but F4 serves a different purpose in that it forces the opponent to mash pokes, in which case you can not F4, shimmy and B2 instead.

It's way, way too early to talk about tiers, but Cassie still seems more honest than a few characters -- Geras, Sonya, Scorpion, Erron and perhaps Sub Zero are strong candidates to be above her now. When the game matures, and people figure out gimmicks, the neutral game that Cassie has will probably see her hovering around S tier unless there are nerfs.
Scorpion? Lol

MalevolentFix

haha shokan queen go down up
So does db1 AMP j2 only work on men? I've been training on Jacqui and thought I was being stupid, but now that I'm fighting Kano its landing like an absolute joy

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
So does db1 AMP j2 only work on men? I've been training on Jacqui and thought I was being stupid, but now that I'm fighting Kano its landing like an absolute joy
Her combos give me headaches sometimes because of the inconsistency. I swear I am going to just say screw it and on EVERY ender after a db1AMP I am just going to jump up 4 and shoot them with my air guns, putting them at full screen anyway where that variation shines.

MalevolentFix

Her combos give me headaches sometimes because of the inconsistency. I swear I am going to just say screw it and on EVERY ender after a db1AMP I am just going to jump up 4 and shoot them with my air guns, putting them at full screen anyway where that variation shines.
On the guys db1AMP j2 b2,4 xx bd3AMP is consistent as hell except noob it feels like. I nail it every time. The ladies I have to db1AMP s1 b2,4 xx bd3AMP

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
idk if this has been posted already but i saw foxy aa'ing with b3 and converting into b24 nutpunch or b24 exdb1 s3 nutpunch. seems really strong given her shit d2. i know its helped my game out alot already.
S1 is working really good for me even when they go for deeper jik. It‘s free 25%-30% pretty much and easy to execute

MalevolentFix

S1 is working really good for me even when they go for deeper jik. It‘s free 25%-30% pretty much and easy to execute
Does S1 really work? Not going to lie I have a soft spot for jab anti airs. They're super satisfying. Does it have the reach to beat out ji3/4 though?

gage

Noob
Yeah I definitely still drop it sometimes, I feel like you really gotta hit them early in the jump. gonna look into s4 and jab tho thx boys
I feel like it’s still worth practicing tho cause it allows you to aa far jumps as well. Maybe not the go to aa but definitely a nice tool.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Does S1 really work? Not going to lie I have a soft spot for jab anti airs. They're super satisfying. Does it have the reach to beat out ji3/4 though?
Yes it‘s ridiculous how far her s1 reaches you can definitely challenge some jik‘s with it. it also beats cross ups pretty consistently