What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yea, 9frame mid and 0 on block is fucking awesome lol.

I could kind of see it staying this way or at least -1 on block though.
She'd still be able to play the same game with her F2 high (0 on block), but idk how that move looks like.

With her D1 at 8frames and her other strings just generally being okay on block, I wouldn't be surprised if F4 stayed this insane. If it's even close to how it is now, Cassie Cage will continue being the queen of the up-close game, that's for sure.

For reference, this is how huge F4 is lol:
(and the second hit of the F4 string is an overhead btw)

So true.

I love getting excited about this kind of shit.
It's seemingly unimportant for people who just want to pick up the game and have a good time, but when games have this kind of depth and you actually invest time to get better, it literally can't be reproduced by any other kind of genre. It honestly becomes something beautiful.

Sometimes I wish things were a bit easier for casuals to understand how impressive some things are though. When people call fighting games "button mashers" I cringe so hard.

Hopefully the fighting at a high level in MK11 will look so cool that the casuals will be fascinated with it even if they don't know what's going on(like Tekken7 and unlike Injustice2 lol).
Damn that F4 is hella long, the girl's got leg for days.

Some people just want to look cool doing stuff in fighting games but they get discouraged because they don't take the time to learn their characters and they don't go into training mode. one of my friends was like that and I forced him to learn his character and I've seen him improve so much. That's what I love about FGs the most.

Does anyone have Cassie's Duel Wield Cancels and Drone Shot Stagger in Gif or a short clip on hand?
I don't have much free time and would appreciate it...
The 2nd gif is her drone stance cancel. She takes out her cell to control the drone and then puts it away. That's not the ricochet shot
This is the ricochet shot and the combo you can get off of it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Ok cool, thanks. I don't know why I thought it was the Droneshot that staggered opponent. Hmm is the drone shot ricochet a special move or a normal combo string?

I am loving Cassie and can't wait to see more. I'm almost positive she will be on the Beta to test. If others don't get it I'm recording her frame data first thing and her moves and then showing a proper combo vid. I'm hoping others lab some Tek.
I believe it's a special move.

It's at 1:33 in this video

Also, I didn't notice this before but she has the JC style nutpunch as a wakeup attack. (Also shown in the trailer)

EDIT: Dammit @Vslayer ... fucking ninja!

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I noticed that nut punch wake-up, I'm glad she has it, it's badass. I've seen a couple of people who had early access use it and the only downside I noticed was the lack of range. Could be useful to fend off a pressure and mix-up heavy character like Sonya.
Yeah that's a downside, I bet Liu Kang will be an all in your face style as well.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I love that her "shadow kick" is just a regular normal and not a special move! Gives her hella range and it looks sick af for just a normal. <3

Honestly wish they'd do more characters that way to give more uniqueness to characters and free them up to give them even more special moves haha

EDIT: And is it just me, or does it look like Kano is still stunned after that nutpunch wakeup when the shadow kick hits him? Possible non-combo wakeup that actually combos???

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I love that her "shadow kick" is just a regular normal and not a special move! Gives her hella range and it looks sick af for just a normal. <3

Honestly wish they'd do more characters that way to give more uniqueness to characters and free them up to give them even more special moves haha

EDIT: And is it just me, or does it look like Kano is still stunned after that nutpunch wakeup when the shadow kick hits him? Possible non-combo wakeup that actually combos???
Her shadow kick normal will definitely be a good advancing tool if you're using it on an opponent that's not blocking. It has 23 frames or recovery, but it's 10 frames start-up, and only -6 on block.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
lol, I don't t-bag out of principle. I hate it when, during close matches when the opponent finally figures out how to stop you and just barely wins, they t-bag me. Like dude, that was a good ass fight right up until you pulled that bitch shit.
That settles it. I'm teabagging you. Especially for your disdain for Shredder Sub.
Teabagality

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
lol, I don't t-bag out of principle. I hate it when, during close matches when the opponent finally figures out how to stop you and just barely wins, they t-bag me. Like dude, that was a good ass fight right up until you pulled that bitch shit.
Yeah, that is annoying AF, I never do it after a match. Besides, playing close matches is one of the best things about online play. But, I like tactical t-bags.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
That settles it. I'm teabagging you. Especially for your disdain for Shredder Sub.
Teabagality
*looks at your game IDs* ... fuck.
Getting the game on switch, just so you can't t-bag me :p

lol nah, I'd probably just avoid matches with you after that.

If I didn't also like Cassie, I'd say it's no wonder both of you love t-bagging...
but as it is, you're both dead to me now :p

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

If I didn't also like Cassie, I'd say it's no wonder both of you love t-bagging...
But I would T-bag you out of love <3

Lokheit

Noob
I keep thinking about why did they give a drone to a character that already had enough versatility rather than giving it to the tech-nerd Jaquie that many think is bland and needs more personality on her moveset.

There is a move where Cassie charges her arm with the drone to release energy.

I hope the drone's purpose is to help her control, contain and manage her green energy powers, that would make sense and justify the use of the bot rather than it only being there because it's cute.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
If her Amplified Up Kick stays safe at -5 then that is actually OD as a pressure tool if you combine it with her Cyborg Drone Grapple

Doing a string into grapple into jump-in to maintain pressure, and if they start trying to anti-air you cancel into Amp Up Kick which has an extremely similar animation and they get hit Kreygasm

Also her gun cancels seem super slow but she could have legit pressure with the drone cancels. Imagine string into drone, you drop a bomb and they get hit - next time they respect the bomb and you cancel into more pressure. And it looks like you'll be able to combo off the shock attack the drone does too so that's OD. Cassie is literally the only character so far that I can't wait to lab

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?

But I would T-bag you out of love <3
Listen,

there's no reason to bully me with t-bags! D:

I already like you guys <3
Fine, I'll reserve t-bags for people I don't know. :p
:d:d:d:d:d
Sorry, muscle spasm