What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

Here's the before and after comparison if anyone is curious.
The biggest change is definitely her nose and cheeks, she looks way better now. <3

Who would have thought by the time of the awesome MK2 cast back in 1993, that in 2019, the games most popular character would be a teenage girl, blowing bubblegum, drinking milkshakes, being sassy and playing with mobile phones in her cutscenes...

Sometimes I don't understand evolution at all..
She's a stereotype, an exaggerated one like all the characters in this game. Sure, I hate when I talk to someone and they're just scrolling on their phone, but this isn't real life it's a game. And Cassie's move set in this game is what people are most excited about, and I haven't seen many negative comments about her redesign.

Came for the nut punch, stayed for the sass. :cool:

Lun

proud TERF!
I don't like her. I don't like any or the kombat kids.
But out of all the kombat kids, she is the only one I can stand, because she's the only one that makes sense: Jax and Kenshi got kids out of nowhere in the plot, but Cassie is the result of a long narrative between Sonya and Johnny.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
Because we can't have female characters whose faces don't look like a magazine cover girl's. Menawhile Raiden, who is a god, is allowed to look derpy and nobody cares.
That's not what he said. That's not what anyone said. But Cassie looked like Ellen Degeneres and honestly, that was weird as shit. I think the worst part of that early design was the hair, but I'm glad they made her look more like Sonya rather than Johnny.

Raiden looks awesome in this game, what are you on about?

Never understood why people liked Cassie in MKX. She's a completely different character now, actually fits the role of Johnny and Sonya's daughter, and adds something to the roster other than just sass. She's my favourite design so far.

I keep thinking about why did they give a drone to a character that already had enough versatility rather than giving it to the tech-nerd Jaquie that many think is bland and needs more personality on her moveset.

There is a move where Cassie charges her arm with the drone to release energy.

I hope the drone's purpose is to help her control, contain and manage her green energy powers, that would make sense and justify the use of the bot rather than it only being there because it's cute.
She's spoiled by her dad so she has the expensive stuff

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

Yea. Amplified Up Glow Kick is kinda good on block if it's going to pushback like this.

Like @Vslayer mentioned in the other thread with Amp Low Shots, because it flips sides it could also keep people in Bitchin' Bubble longer too.

From this distance I'm sure that a backdash will dodge any far reaching move attempted so she could full punish too.

Pretty. Damn. Good.

Last edited:

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?

Yea. Amplified Up Glow Kick is kinda good on block if it's going to pushback like this.

Like @Vslayer mentioned in the other thread with Amp Low Shots, because it flips sides it could also keep people in Bitchin' Bubble longer too.

From this distance I'm sure that a backdash will dodge any far reaching move attempted so she could full punish too.

Pretty. Damn. Good.
If this was injustice that would be a dirty fucking cross up

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Sorry if this is going slightly off topic, but does anyone have any good pics of Cassie in her different skins? I only ask because I've been trying to discern if they aged her face a touch for her Future Exo Suit skin, which I think it would be cool if so because it would play into the whole alternate timelines theme.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

Pretty. Damn. Good.
DAMN. YES. My girl. Even if they throw out a move, you can wait for the whiff or use F4 on block and then wait for the whiff.

15 days people, 15 days :D

Sorry if this is going slightly off topic, but does anyone have any good pics of Cassie in her different skins? I only ask because I've been trying to discern if they aged her face a touch for her Future Exo Suit skin, which I think it would be cool if so because it would play into the whole alternate timelines theme.
I posted some on the last page, but she has her sunglasses so it's hard to see. I do feel like she looks a bit aged up in the robo suit skin.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
It looks like it to me. If not just a trick of the eyes, this is awesome, because that does mean that they'll be playing with the idea of Timelines and possibly even alternate realities.
It's shaping up to be a very exciting story. People can say it's an overused trope, but alternate realities are really cool. It's fun to see how different your favorite character would be if some events were changed.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
i'm so late to the party but i just caught up and i'm so extremely happy with that frame data

f4, b2, b3 all 10 frames or less? f4 and b2 having safe options? f4 straight up 0 on block? she's gonna be a terror.
I can't wait. Hopefully, a Cassie U.S player will get a beta key for this weekend and let us know just how salty she's going to make people online.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
It would make a lot of sense.

@RoninLoganX she definitely looks older.

At first I thought it was just the lighting and the fact she was wearing shades but... the more I look at it, she kinda does look older in the mass effect armor screens. Like she has a bit more wrinkles/creases around her mouth and nose on that heart pic. I like it!

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
At first I thought it was just the lighting and the fact she was wearing shades but... the more I look at it, she kinda does look older in the mass effect armor screens. Like she has a bit more wrinkles/creases around her mouth and nose on that heart pic. I like it!
Yup! She definitely looks closer to 30. If it's in the story I hope they reference ME. In one of her victory taunts, she says "It's Commander Cage." So, not sure if that's referencing Commander Sheppard or not, but that would be cool.

I'm defo calling one of her variations with that skin FemShep. XD