What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

thesacrifist

Too old for this
Can't love 'em all I guess. Not a fan of the drone, and she seems less sassy this time.

The intro where she rappels upside down from the helicopter is SICK, but she lacks that kind of badass personality in the rest of her dialogue and fighting, as far as I've seen.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
As someone who loved Cassie in MKX, I'm, to my own surprise, not too amazed by her moveset. I love the intros, outros, fatalities and taunts, they did a great job with her personality.

Sadly, I don't see as much of that in her moveset. Opposed to what they did with Johnny who's character is reflected in almost every move, Cassie's don't ooze personality that much. In particular, I find the nutkick way less appealing than the ding-dong in MKX, and I kinda miss her flipkick. The drone seems okay but not great.

To be clear, I still think she looks fun, but I expected more after how brilliant all previous reveals were. She doesn't quite reach that bar for me.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I am very happy with what I've seen, always liked Cassie, and will definitely try her in this game.
Can't understand those who said she looked better in MKX, she looks great. Would appreciate hairstyle options though.

Very happy for all Cassie fans, and, of course, specially @Vslayer
Agree, I like her ponytail but I much preferred her undercut, it was awesome and it's the haircut I have XD

Hey does anyone have good screenshots of the new Cassie in her dark Cyber suit?
I Need a better quality close up showing her Bae face and banginn suit.

Check out MK11 customization videos on YT there are a ton of videos that were added since yesterday and most of it is HQ.

Definitely, once the game is out we can create a TYM Cass community to lab and play each other for those who are on PS4.

I do wonder what her main combo extender will be now that it seems that Getaway Flip is no longer in her arsenal. Probably something involving the drone.
I think you can combo the gunshot ricochet. I'm I'm not mistaken they show it in the trailer she ends with the enhanced shoulder charge takedown and it causes a KB.

Loving everything I've seen of Cassie's playstyle. My only complaint is that I wish they'd give us the option to customize her hair. I prefer her with the short hair and undercut. With the long ponytail, I had some issues telling who was Cassie and who was Sonya in the Story Mode Trailer.
I think they'll have different hairstyles for different skins, I really want her undercut back too.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
If any character should have gotten a command run, it should have been Cassie. I don't know why they gave it to Jade.

In any case I dig that they toned down her mix from mkx. Looks like her only overhead is a hop punch, but it looks like a good tool so you can condition people to stop turtling so you can open them up with the low launcher. Being a brawler player in mkx though the shoulder charge is a must because we're bringing back my tackle ender. :)

I am curious how the rest of her abilities will be though. She's got potential to have a lot of variety in her kit and I'm excited to explore that. Especially since Baraka has picked up some new moves since the reveal event, I'm interested to see what all she ends up with by launch.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Well so far in those videos, the 3 skins (and their color swaps) that are show are the special forces default, the one of the jacket, and the futuristic body armor. All have the pony tail.

I'm really hoping those blank spots will be filled with other skins and aren't just for show. And that her undercut will be there.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
If any character should have gotten a command run, it should have been Cassie. I don't know why they gave it to Jade.

In any case I dig that they toned down her mix from mkx. Looks like her only overhead is a hop punch, but it looks like a good tool so you can condition people to stop turtling so you can open them up with the low launcher. Being a brawler player in mkx though the shoulder charge is a must because we're bringing back my tackle ender. :)

I am curious how the rest of her abilities will be though. She's got potential to have a lot of variety in her kit and I'm excited to explore that. Especially since Baraka has picked up some new moves since the reveal event, I'm interested to see what all she ends up with by launch.
A command run would have been good for her, as long as it's nothing like dashR2 then yes I would have loved one, but without her Getaway kick, it's useless. Most of her combo potential looks like it'll be from enhanced specials and that one string she has, d3,4? The low gunshot to backflip like in MKX. I'm good with that, I think that with the bullet ricochet and that flying kick she has we'll be able to put some cool stuff together.

I'm just more curious about knowing if you can combo off of enhanced low gunshot because that would make for some cool looking combos for sure.

God, I can't wait, I just hope she'll be playable for the beta.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
God, I can't wait, I just hope she'll be playable for the beta.
You and me both.

As far as the low gunshot. I don't think you can combo from it but hope I'm wrong. It looks like they're almost on the ground by the time Cass recovers. Maybe if she had a 4 frame d1 lol

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
@BecomingDeath13

Ah, her pop-up is b1,3.

So it looks like she's standing while the opponent just hits the ground on that enhanced low gunshot so that's a no on combability for that one.

We didn't see the enhanced version of the flip out gunshot, so there may be something there.

aj1701

Noob
Cassie was the only new character from MKX I liked. She's looking good here, I hope she still has the same attribute as before, seems like she does. Hopefully the drone won't be too prominent, it does seem like something Sonya should have like someone else said. Her fatality was hilarious.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

0:52

Sonya: Jacqui said as kids you were scared of me.
Cassie: You'd randomly attack us with armbars!

I love little background info like this.

Last edited:

Xelz

Go over there!
The good: Sassy millennial attitude turned up to 11 (no pun intended), punchy one liners (pun intended), and variations/custom moves that truly mix-up her strategies.

The neutral: The drone. I understand why some people don't like it's addition. Personally, I could take it or leave it.

The bad: Goddamn NRS included so many of my mains in MK11 from throughout the history of MK games, and has done such a bang-up job with them so far, that I don't know how I'll pick a main. #firstworldproblems #earthrealmproblems

Burn2019

Noob
Her face looks good; get that out the way first.

Her outfits design is badly lacking. One armoured appearance is fine, but three? We at least had “workout clothes Cassie” for a tiny bit of sex appeal in MKX. This is bland, unimaginative, boring.

Her moves look fun.

Her voice is pretty crappy compared to MKX. In MKX, she was cocky but ready to learn; now she’s full on bitch brat.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword

Her outfits design is badly lacking. One armoured appearance is fine, but three? We at least had “workout clothes Cassie” for a tiny bit of sex appeal in MKX. This is bland, unimaginative, boring.

Her moves look fun.

Her voice is pretty crappy compared to MKX. In MKX, she was cocky but ready to learn; now she’s full on bitch brat.
Hopefully, what they've shown in the way of outfits isn't all there is. I'd definitely like to see some more variety, possibly something playing with the alternate timelines idea. Or, when they inevitably do Guest Characters, maybe some outfits related to them, similar to what they did with the Predator skins or the monster skins.

Burn2019

Noob
Hopefully, what they've shown in the way of outfits isn't all there is. I'd definitely like to see some more variety, possibly something playing with the alternate timelines idea. Or, when they inevitably do Guest Characters, maybe some outfits related to them, similar to what they did with the Predator skins or the monster skins.
Based on everything seen so far, it appears standard that every character has 3 skins.

It would be a downright c**t move from NRS if they chased the SJW demographic for initial sales (which won’t work anyway, as these people don’t buy the products) and then released more conventionally attractive / outright fanservice as DLC.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Based on everything seen so far, it appears standard that every character has 3 skins.

It would be a downright c**t move from NRS if they chased the SJW demographic for initial sales (which won’t work anyway, as these people don’t buy the products) and then released more conventionally attractive / outright fanservice as DLC.
I've noticed that. I'm just hoping they'll surprise us with extras, similar to how there were skins they saved for players to find in MKX.

Burn2019

Noob
I've noticed that. I'm just hoping they'll surprise us with extras, similar to how there were skins they saved for players to find in MKX.
Not sure how that’d work with the existing menus, as they’re far more rigid and templated than MKX but I guess we’ll see.

On a related note, have we seen Scorpion’s 3rd skin? I’ve seen the default, plasticky futurish ninja, but not the UMK3 look in the trailer or Hanzo Hasashi from story mode trailer.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Not sure how that’d work with the existing menus, as they’re far more rigid and templated than MKX but I guess we’ll see.

On a related note, have we seen Scorpion’s 3rd skin? I’ve seen the default, plasticky futurish ninja, but not the UMK3 look in the trailer or Hanzo Hasashi from story mode trailer.
The extra skins' slots could have been left out of the current showcase builds.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

Her moves look fun.

There are unlockable skins that we haven't seen, every NRS games has costumes you can unlock from beating the arcade towers and if you look at customization slots, it looks like there is space for at least 3 more skins, so I wouldn't rule that out just yet. I agree tho for the other outfits, her robo skin is UGLY AF her second skin also looks too much like Sonya, but I do like the pink variant if you want to go for a 90's look.

Well they have blank spots in the skins section, so I'm hoping every character has more than 3!

We need the undercut NRS!!!
YES.

ohhh, she has a 7 frame standing one!
A launcher? What time?

I'm on XB1 :(
Awww, well we'll all make threads on here and I'll probably make videos.

Does anyone have a video that shows frame data of the basic moves?
I'll try to look for that. I don't know if anyone captured that footage. You can see some when they pause the game and look at the moves so I'll see what I can do.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.

Fully agree on both, command run and shoulder charge. That move looks fine.