What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Hey does anyone have good screenshots of the new Cassie in her dark Cyber suit?
I Need a better quality close up showing her Bae face and banginn suit.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I believe she knows I'm hype for Cassie. Cassie is my favorite MKX newcomer!

I really wanna use bitchin bubble, shoulder charge, and the cyborg style in and out flying for a variation.

AND I also wanna use the all guns variation.

Just wanna clarify tho, I'm not ditching Jade, I wanna play them both a TON. Hopefully looking at co-mains with these two.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Having two twin like blond characters seems like a redundant waste of space to me. I don't mind Cassie but I do mind Cassie and Sonya. I thought Cassie was Sonya from the past when I saw the trailer, like they did with Johnny.
Agreed. Honestly if we’re not getting 26 characters with 26 different hair colors, I mean, why are we even playing this game? If I see one repeat color I’m out.

Kal

<3

I really wanna use bitchin bubble, shoulder charge, and the cyborg style in and out flying for a variation.

Just wanna clarify tho, I'm not ditching Jade, I wanna play them both a TON. Hopefully looking at co-mains with these two.
Hah I'm playing Jade and Cassie as well, if I end up being ok with her drone when the game comes out. Mileena and Cassie were my mains in MKX. If Mileena makes it in oh boy I'll have one hell of a roster. Jade, Mileena, Cassie, and Noob. My god.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Hah I'm playing Jade and Cassie as well, if I end up being ok with her drone when the game comes out. Mileena and Cassie were my mains in MKX. If Mileena makes it in oh boy I'll have one hell of a roster. Jade, Mileena, Cassie, and Noob. My god.
I like you already! lol

Love all those characters! Well, I hate playing vs Mileena (lol) and I don't play her, but I love her as a character.

A note for me personally about the drone,

I'm not a huge fan of it always being there no matter the variation, but I actually love the bitchin bubble, shooting bullets off of it, clotheslining them into it , and using it to gain mobility.

LawAbidingCitizen

Nothing wrong with using multiple characters. I always do.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I do wonder what her main combo extender will be now that it seems that Getaway Flip is no longer in her arsenal. Probably something involving the drone.
I'm soooooo ok with that. I hated having a move like getaway flip be her main way to combo because you moved away from where you wanted to go and the gravity was such that I always felt I had to hurry the run to get back and not drop it, that I dropped it too much for me to consider playing the character seriously.

This time, it's looking like I will be able to actually play a favorite of mine that I couldn't.

I think her combo "extender" could be that leg nutpunch as it looked like a special move input to me considering 16bit dropped it a bunch trying to show off the kick into the kick. Perhaps it restands like her old nutpunch? Not necessarily a combo "extender" but ending with that can hopefully lead to another potential combo or pressure.

If not that, there's more drone moves we haven't seen yet, so perhaps there?

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
Loving everything I've seen of Cassie's playstyle. My only complaint is that I wish they'd give us the option to customize her hair. I prefer her with the short hair and undercut. With the long ponytail, I had some issues telling who was Cassie and who was Sonya in the Story Mode Trailer.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Loving everything I've seen of Cassie's playstyle. My only complaint is that I wish they'd give us the option to customize her hair. I prefer her with the short hair and undercut. With the long ponytail, I had some issues telling who was Cassie and who was Sonya in the Story Mode Trailer.
Could be another skin option? doubt we saw all of those in the trailers and kombat kast :)

I remain hopeful for that as well. I do like the new hair, but the mkx style IS cassie imo

LawAbidingCitizen

I like you already! lol

Love all those characters! Well, I hate playing vs Mileena (lol) and I don't play her, but I love her as a character.

I'm not a huge fan of it always being there no matter the variation, but I actually love the bitchin bubble, shooting bullets off of it, clotheslining them into it , and using it to gain mobility.
I agree, it should be optional. I'm probably gonna be using Cassie as main from the looks of it, Jade as a backup and Sonya as a pocket.
I've also considered Kabal and Scarlet but I've never been a zoner.

I mained Cyrax, Cassie, Kenshi and Sonya in MKX.

This Cassie looks amazing and I'm in love.

I wish the drone was optional but it is cool in some ways and that mobility may be worth it to get in fast and maybe for zoning.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I agree, it should be optional. I'm probably gonna be using Cassie as main from the looks of it, Jade as a backup and Sonya as a pocket.
I've also considered Kabal and Scarlet but I've never been a zoner.

I mained Cyrax, Cassie, Kenshi and Sonya in MKX.

This Cassie looks amazing and I'm in love.

I wish the drone was optional but it is cool in some ways and that mobility may be worth it to get in fast and maybe for zoning.
Well, I'm a former MK9 Sub main and sub main for about half of MKX. So I'm a defensive player and zoner by heart (I don't subscribe to this new age rushdown sub nonsense). But I don't like the way he looks nor the way his playstyle looks in this version. He just looks so bland.

So I'll be gearing Jade/Cassie towards a defensive/zoning style where possible.

But I also played reptile, so I can rush down if needed :p

LawAbidingCitizen

Well, I'm a former MK9 Sub main and sub main for about half of MKX. So I'm a defensive player and zoner by heart (I don't subscribe to this new age rushdown sub nonsense). But I don't like the way he looks nor the way his playstyle looks in this version. He just looks so bland.

So I'll be gearing Jade/Cassie towards a defensive/zoning style where possible.

But I also played reptile, so I can rush down if needed :p
Yes I used Sub on MK9 as well but I also used Kabal and Cyrax.
I did some zoning with Kenshi Balanced but I prefer Setup characters like Cyrax/Sonya Demo/Sonya SF, but i enjoy rushdown types like Cassie Brawler/Hollywood, Sonya Covert Ops.

Kal

<3
I like you already! lol

Haha you and I are very alike.

Definitely not a fan of it always hovering around either, I usually don't enjoy that mechanic in fighting games but at the end of the day it's still Cassie so I'm willing to make an exception as long as she's fun. So fingers crossed, hopefully she will be the first one with such mechanic that I end up playing.

I'm not the greatest fan (!), however, credit where credit is due: NRS have reworked the character to be far more appealing (even if only in an annoying way) than she was in MKX.

She'll still likely be one of my Wrath hammer training mode nails... But, at least she's more beseeming of the Cage lineage now.

I don`t know why NRS hates fun now and longer combos are not a thing anymore. Grinding in training mode, figuring out new ways to extend your combos was actually one of my favourite things in previous games, especially in Injustice with all those interactables, but whatever. Low gunshots it is then.
I`m fine with everything else.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I agree with @STB Sgt Reed about Sub-Zero in this game. Love the character and lore wise he is my favorite. But he just looks so uninspired. Will have to at least try Cassie in this game, I’ve played a lot of different types of characters. In Injustice 1, I mained Batman but didn’t play much, in MKX I mained Sub GM and JC A-List, in Injustice 2 I mained Aquaman and Sub. Day 1 I’m gonna go with Johnny Cage, but will try Cassie too and could really see myself sticking with either.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I don't know why NRS has to constantly change the faces of its characters like they're just simple archetypes. To me it implies that they're shallow and forgettable. I mean I get that legacy characters have a ton of iteration across the improvement of technology but Cassie JUST entered the series in MKX and now she looks completely different. Not a fan of dropping Ashly Burch for the new voice actress and not a fan of whoever that character is that they're calling Cassie Cage.

D

Deleted member 35141

I don't know why NRS has to constantly change the faces of its characters like they're just simple archetypes. To me it implies that they're shallow and forgettable. I mean I get that legacy characters have a ton of iteration across the improvement of technology but Cassie JUST entered the series in MKX and now she looks completely different. Not a fan of dropping Ashly Burch for the new voice actress and not a fan of whoever that character is that they're calling Cassie Cage.
The graphics engine is on a whole new level and all the characters look amazing. IDK how anyone expected NRS to keep pushing their engine yet keep everything the same lol makes no sense

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
The graphics engine is on a whole new level and all the characters look amazing. IDK how anyone expected NRS to keep pushing their engine yet keep everything the same lol makes no sense
The render does look amazing, just doesn't look like Cassie Cage... a practically brand new character. I mean to be fair neither does Sonya who has so many different iterations that it's almost comical. Which, if we're being honest is largely the problem here since Cassie has to physically resemble Sonya.

To me though it cheapens the design of a character and just reduces them to charicature levels of aesthetic. Fuck consistency who cares?

Last edited: