What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Also the idea is to hit them with a high move that otherwise is duckable. If we can make f+2,1+3 uninteruptable by d+2, that would be great. I would be doing f+2, 1+3 all day, if not for the fear of eating KB d2.

I'll also hit the lab after coming back home. Just by doing some theory crafting in my head, d+4 into b+2 meaty stagger seems good. Same for d+1 on hit into f+4 into a grab.
Agreed, it would count as a punish or Kounter so they'll eat a KB the first time too from the F2 1+3. D4 into B2 is giving me a kreygasm especially if you can nut kick and restand them.

Spidr

Noob
Hey, sorry if this is a stupid question.

Wondering about Cassie's b243 string. First two hits are advancing mids, and the 3rd is a high that seems pretty safe on block (-9, but large pushback).
If I block the first two hits I am unable to duck the third to punish. Is this intended or should I be able to duck and punish if I read my opponent will commit to the full string?

As a newcomer to MK, I'm not sure if there's a mechanic I simply don't understand (something similar to fuzzyguard in SF) that's causing me to get hit high while ducking. I understand I need to let go of block while ducking or highs will still connect.
If this is intentional, do I just have to accept that the string is safe, but I have frame advantage (albeit from a distance)?
I'm on PC if that makes a difference.

Hey, sorry if this is a stupid question.

Wondering about Cassie's b243 string. First two hits are advancing mids, and the 3rd is a high that seems pretty safe on block (-9, but large pushback).
If I block the first two hits I am unable to duck the third to punish. Is this intended or should I be able to duck and punish if I read my opponent will commit to the full string?

As a newcomer to MK, I'm not sure if there's a mechanic I simply don't understand (something similar to fuzzyguard in SF) that's causing me to get hit high while ducking. I understand I need to let go of block while ducking or highs will still connect.
If this is intentional, do I just have to accept that the string is safe, but I have frame advantage (albeit from a distance)?
I'm on PC if that makes a difference.
Let go of block and then crouch. You should be able to duck and punish everytime.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
I can guarantee 100% that's what I'm doing, but the kick still connects
You‘re probably going for the punish too early, happens with a lot of strings in this game. you have to patiently duck until she‘s In her recovery state otherwise you‘ll still get hit

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I don‘t think d3 has enough hit advantage to garantuee f2 or does it?
D3 is +10 on hit, so F2 is exactly 10 startup and 16 on hit. It isn't gonna work but I think I got it once, maybe I pressed another button though.

After playing with both cassie and sonya online(mostly with cassie, around 300 games already, about 100 with sonya), i can safely say i won't be playing cassie anymore in online. I will keep practicing her, but her comboes are really bad to hit confirm vs WifiWarriors. I'm already doing much more, while being much safer, with sonya. I have to do mental gymnastics with cassie to condition my opponents while with sonya i just have to spam b14xxbf4 until they start blocking low and they i get 37% mid screen dmg(40% + in the corner without that super-hard sonicfox energy ring meter burn cancel).

i love her design and moveset, but she feels WAY WORSE to play online compared to mkx(i still love her in offline)

edit: i also feel her pokes are super weak, but that might be because sonya's d3 feels godlike

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
After playing with both cassie and sonya online(mostly with cassie, around 300 games already, about 100 with sonya), i can safely say i won't be playing cassie anymore in online. I will keep practicing her, but her comboes are really bad to hit confirm vs WifiWarriors. I'm already doing much more, while being much safer, with sonya. I have to do mental gymnastics with cassie to condition my opponents while with sonya i just have to spam b14xxbf4 until they start blocking low and they i get 37% mid screen dmg(40% + in the corner without that super-hard sonicfox energy ring meter burn cancel).

i love her design and moveset, but she feels WAY WORSE to play online compared to mkx(i still love her in offline)
I feel she is more of a whiff punisher than a combo-ess

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
If you're +10 on a D3 on hit, that means a move that's 14 frames (just an example) is coming out in 4 frames.

So unless F2 is 18 frames (6 or 7 frame poke would win allowing for a couple frames of human error) or more, it's guaranteed.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
If you're +10 on a D3 on hit, that means a move that's 14 frames (just an example) is coming out in 4 frames.

So unless F2 is 18 frames (6 or 7 frame poke would win allowing for a couple frames of human error) or more, it's guaranteed.
oh okay! I thought it had to be less or equal to. Thanks :D

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
@Vslayer
No problem!
It's the same reason Sub Zero gets a guaranteed D1 after F4 on block. F4 is +6 (i think) thus D1 comes out faster than ANYTHING the opponent can do.
Basically think of plus frames as the number you subtract from the frames of your next move.

You have a 7 frame move and you just did a move that made you +4, now that 7 frame move will hit anything because it's 3 frames.

----------------------

I don't think Cassie is a "god" of anything. She's a good jack of all trades, master of none. Imo

Until we get some other variations in competitive of course.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
@Vslayer
No problem!
It's the same reason Sub Zero gets a guaranteed D1 after F4 on block. F4 is +6 (i think) thus D1 comes out faster than ANYTHING the opponent can do.
Basically think of plus frames as the number you subtract from the frames of your next move.

You have a 7 frame move and you just did a move that made you +4, now that 7 frame move will hit anything because it's 3 frames.

----------------------

I don't think Cassie is a "god" of anything. She's a good jack of all trades, master of none. Imo

Until we get some other variations in competitive of course.
Hmm I guess It's the moves I use then LoL

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
@Vslayer do you see Cassie as A punish god? I feel that is where she excels, as she has low ended damage combos and non spammy zoning
Eh, you can spam low gunshot lmao. I still think she has good damaging combos but they're just execution heavy. I have a positive W/L ratio online, granted I haven't played all that much, but still. I think if you're patient and punish them, then you'll have no problems. Cassie has some good buttons.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Eh, you can spam low gunshot lmao. I still think she has good damaging combos but they're just execution heavy. I have a positive W/L ratio online, granted I haven't played all that much, but still. I think if you're patient and punish them, then you'll have no problems. Cassie has some good buttons.
ahg all Right I guess it really is just my Custom Variation Then Lmao

Last edited: