What's new

Cassie Cage General Discussion Thread

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I find it weird that Ball Buster is +4 instead of +2 when used on aerial opponents/in a juggle. They specifically patched that out of mkx didn't they? +4 seems like quite a bit too.
I haven't seen that big of a change, I think it makes the timing a bit more strict?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
How the fuck do you punish raidens swirling move?
People are spamming the hell out of that move

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
So noonee gonna make a matchup up thread? Or is hardly anyone playing Cassie TYM wise?
I think early on information is valuable in any game.
I’d make one myself but I don’t have the time or skill level to make or maintain one.

been labbing her and sub over the last few days and ye she is def. an overall better character than what sub seems like in MK11 lol
gonna main both though

also what's her best AAs?

Hey boys. I brought an idea from Skarlet's part of TYM. I'v found an interesting thread about jailing frame traps for Skarlet. Do we have anything like it for Cassie? The idea is that in MK11 if you hit with certain moves, others might jail on block, despite being high and of course hit if the opponent is pressing buttons. A simple d+1 into b+2 is obvious, but we have certain moves that are high and valuable. That would be a strat against people that like to mash d2. I'm sure that there might be something like this for Cassie. I'm at work now so I can't lab it myself.

This is the thread for Skarlet, if you want to read about it.
https://testyourmight.com/threads/skarlet-jail-frame-traps-blockstrings-throw-setups-launch.69581/

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Hey boys. I brought an idea from Skarlet's part of TYM. I'v found an interesting thread about jailing frame traps for Skarlet. Do we have anything like it for Cassie? The idea is that in MK11 if you hit with certain moves, others might jail on block, despite being high and of course hit if the opponent is pressing buttons. A simple d+1 into b+2 is obvious, but we have certain moves that are high and valuable. That would be a strat against people that like to mash d2. I'm sure that there might be something like this for Cassie. I'm at work now so I can't lab it myself.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/skarlet-jail-frame-traps-blockstrings-throw-setups-launch.69581/
Since we can‘t combo in the corner with f4 or b2 as starter I always hitconfirm these strings into gunshots, I don‘t know the exact frames atm but it garantuees a 34 or f21+3, both leaving you at a good frame and space advantage that forces your opponent to respect b2 and f4 as a followup. Once they are in this state you can mix it up with shorthop3, b1, throw etc.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I get the appeal of Digital Soldier and all that, but I started fucking around with the other variation a bit more and... if you can start the match out with a life lead (and of course the opponent isn't a zoning machine like cetrion), the bubble burst thing from the drone is a reeeeally good keep away move because of it's recovery speed and spamability. Stops advancing moves and jumping in it's tracks.

I kinda like it... very sub zero clone like.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
I get the appeal of Digital Soldier and all that, but I started fucking around with the other variation a bit more and... if you can start the match out with a life lead (and of course the opponent isn't a zoning machine like cetrion), the bubble burst thing from the drone is a reeeeally good keep away move because of it's recovery speed and spamability. Stops advancing moves and jumping in it's tracks.

I kinda like it... very sub zero clone like.
yeah it is an amazing move. Idk If ya'll do custom moves but i reccomend the energy shoulder charge,flying kick and the Bitchin bubble that drains life

Vslayer

Lead Moderator

I think that would be really great to lab. If you can jail them with the b2 you could get a full combo punish out of it. I'll try this out tonight. I'm wondering if you could use S4 to do this as well.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
jail?is that like punishing?
Sort of. Basically, to beat their poke, you counter poke and follow up with a high which will catch them (if it's fast enough) even if they're ducking and they can't do anything about it. Even better if that high hit confirms into a string that you can punish with. Rooflemonger did a great video on this.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Sort of. Basically, to beat their poke, you counter poke and follow up with a high which will catch them (if it's fast enough) even if they're ducking and they can't do anything about it. Even better if that high hit confirms into a string that you can punish with. Rooflemonger did a great video on this.

thanks! and I'm not good with combos quite yet, so for what I have learned, with a few moves I previously mentioned, Cassie is a punisher god

Also the idea is to hit them with a high move that otherwise is duckable. If we can make f+2,1+3 uninteruptable by d+2, that would be great. I would be doing f+2, 1+3 all day, if not for the fear of eating KB d2.

I'll also hit the lab after coming back home. Just by doing some theory crafting in my head, d+4 into b+2 meaty stagger seems good. Same for d+1 on hit into f+4 into a grab.

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Also the idea is to hit them with a high move that otherwise is duckable. If we can make f+2,1+3 uninteruptable by d+2, that would be great. I would be doing f+2, 1+3 all day, if not for the fear of eating KB d2.

I'll also hit the lab after coming back home. Just by doing some theory crafting in my head, d+4 into b+2 meaty stagger seems good. Same for d+1 on hit into f+4 into a grab.
I almost never get d2ed out of f21+3. imo the best way to use it is by walking back and fishing for anything your opponent tries to approach you with. With 10 frames startup, the reach and being +1 after it being blocked this string literally has no weakness you can react to pretty much everything with it