What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

If you're a fan of execution heavy combos, here's one for you

(4 frame starter) forward+4,4 3,3 forward+2,4, getaway flip, run, forward+2,4, take down.

Brawler variation 33% damage (same damage output as the the one that starts 2,4,2)

that's not a 4 frame starter, that would have been THE fastest move in the game
f4 is 16 frames, in f4, 4 it's the second knee (the one launching the opponent in the air) coming out at 4 frames
that's why that string is able to armor break opponents
Oops. My bad.

Goatlegs

Noob
If this is already known just let me know and I'll delete this post.

So in case you guys haven't seen this, Coach Steve posted this video on his youtube of stamina-less Cassie combos. I feel like these will definitely come in handy seeing as she's pretty stamina dependent. I haven't tested this myself but I'm assuming brawler can still end in OH tackle but I don't know if Spec Ops would be able to safely get a missile out on anything besides a 242 starter.

Edit: Perhaps I was not clear enough. You would really only do these if you manage to launch with under a bar of stamina left, making you unable to run.

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
If this is already known just let me know and I'll delete this post.

So in case you guys haven't seen this, Coach Steve posted this video on his youtube of stamina-less Cassie combos. I feel like these will definitely come in handy seeing as she's pretty stamina dependent. I haven't tested this myself but I'm assuming brawler can still end in OH tackle but I don't know if Spec Ops would be able to safely get a missile out on anything besides a 242 starter.
nice for mb nutpunch but otherwise I wouldn't use it. I rather do flipkick,run,b1,db3 to be as plus as possible + good positioning. if you do it like in the video you're too far away to continue pressure it seems. Imo hollywood isn't even THAT stamina dependent spec ops is where you have to be careful. the stamina also recovers after nutpunch really quick.

Goatlegs

Noob
nice for mb nutpunch but otherwise I wouldn't use it. I rather do flipkick,run,b1,db3 to be as plus as possible + good positioning. if you do it like in the video you're too far away to continue pressure it seems. Imo hollywood isn't even THAT stamina dependent spec ops is where you have to be careful. the stamina also recovers after nutpunch really quick.
The combo you posted requires stamina though. The whole point of those combos is still being able to full combo punish with depleted stamina. I've seen and experienced combos dropped after a flipkick because there was not enough stamina to initiate a run. Obviously these are not full-damage, but it's just maximizing what little damage you would be able to get in a below-one-bar-stamina situation.

Blewdew

oh I thought you want to use the combo in general to safe stamina as a whole sorry I misunderstood you.

MrInsaynne

PG Coach Steve
The video I posted as mentioned above is really just to show that while Cassie in general is very stamina dependent midscreen, she no longer NEED stamina to finish a combo. Which means she can use a breaker and actually still pose a threat midscreen since she can get something off of a clean hit now without needing stamina.

You can substitute nut punch for glow kick, or the brawler grab punch (don't know the name) of you are in a different variation. But I actually think that since one of her biggest issues is now sort of taken care of, she's in contention for top 3 again (imo)

Goatlegs

Noob
The video I posted as mentioned above is really just to show that while Cassie in general is very stamina dependent midscreen, she no longer NEED stamina to finish a combo. Which means she can use a breaker and actually still pose a threat midscreen since she can get something off of a clean hit now without needing stamina.

You can substitute nut punch for glow kick, or the brawler grab punch (don't know the name) of you are in a different variation. But I actually think that since one of her biggest issues is now sort of taken care of, she's in contention for top 3 again (imo)
Thanks for posting that video, I tried to tag you but I didn't know MrInsaynne was your handle on here.

Blewdew

some corner combos:

(starter),ex-db2,rc,4,121,21u4,212,db2,rc,4,bd3 (starter: f3=48%,d+f1=46%,b12=47%,standing 4=50%)

and if you like to spend 2 bars of meter and stamina :

(starter),ex-db2,rc,4,121,21u4,212,db2,rc,b1,ex-db2,rc,4,bd3 (starter: f3=51%,d+f1=49%,b12=49%,standing 4=53%)

landing 121,21u4 after 4 is a little bit rough sometimes but it's very doable after some practise. also I added the damage for S4 I know it's not practical but that's the maximum damage you get from these combos.

Goatlegs

Noob
So I'm pretty sure that @MrInsaynne 's no-stamina combo can safely end in d4~missile in Spec Ops against the whole cast. The only punish I've found so far is Reptile's EX slide if he tech rolls into wakeup. But even when his slide connects, he'll still get hit by the missile afterwards. I haven't tried punishing with the whole cast but if Reptile's EX dash barely punishes it I don't think anyone else can.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Will update with stamina-less combos when I get the chance.
Well, if we're doing stamina-less combos then add this to the list:
[Brawler] 242, 33, B12~Tackle (29%/31%)
[Brawler] NJP, JIP~D+1+3 MB, F2,4~Tackle (28%, 1 bar)

[Hollywood] Same as brawler first combo except end with Nutpunch or EX nutpunch. Does 27% or 29% with a JIP Can make regular nutpunch more advantageous remember so mixup or guarenteed 13% chip ;)

[Spec Ops] End with Misslie setup of course! You'll have your stamina back by then :)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
df1 xx db2, dash d3 glow kick is a decent combo. The link is damn tight....
If you wake up raw db2 while being trapped in the corner, it's possible to just walk forward and hit standing 1

Stringer

Noob

Meterless corner combo with spec ops leads off of and into a missile setup. Done without any patches so this might not work/have lower damage as of current patches (-9 on hit projectiles be praised).

The Highlander

There can be only one
Most I can tell we lost about 1-4% damage depending on how many flip kicks are in a combo, not too bad but still unfortunate.

Schuyler

Noob
It could have been worse... *cough cough* kitana
She lost like 3% off of her BnBs she still does good meter less damage good corner damage very good zonning and good movement. Only place shes lacking is mixups. She didn't need the nerf but shes still good. cry me a river.

BornThroughAshes

Devil Apes
She lost like 3% off of her BnBs she still does good meter less damage good corner damage very good zonning and good movement. Only place shes lacking is mixups. She didn't need the nerf but shes still good. cry me a river.
I didn't want cassie to get nerfed at all either cause i felt she was in a great place before the patch. It's a fact that kitana got hit harder and that's all i said, relax.

Last edited:
Hm so now Cassie got harder to do Run cancels combos? Which one should i use midscreen?
Starter,xx,DB2,RUN,B12,BD3 ? Or xx,DB2,RUN,11,B12,DB3(seems inconsiscent? Or just me?)

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
i'm forced to do combo like this in hollywood: [normal] flip kick, run b1 nut punch. Lowest damage but the nut punch can be +16 because of the height. I can't go for damage now (it's very hard to do 11, b12 nut punch and the 212 midscreen is impossible

shura30

Shura
pc got the hotfix yesterday evening (gmt+1)

lmao 15% midscreen specops combos

I feel the run into 212 after flip slightly better than pre-hotfix but still random