What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I ACTUALLY played some matches today vs Slacked. I used Cryo cause I'm WAY too out of practice to pull Cassie out and actually function with her.. I got mopped, I took one ROUND in, ~20 matches.. But I ENJOYED myself. Quite a bit actually. Connection had hesitation and a little delay but totally playable. I wasn't able to adjust my timing enough to land a combo, bit whatevs.

Point being , for the first time in 3+ months I actually played MKX vs a human, and enjoyed it. What little play I've done otherwise being nothing more than testing lagg vs randoms (usually after a patch).. So I am somewhat more energized to get in and learn more Cassie and actually. PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

Any PC players wanna run vs a hyper scrub?

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I ACTUALLY played some matches today vs Slacked. I used Cryo cause I'm WAY too out of practice to pull Cassie out and actually function with her.. I got mopped, I took one ROUND in, ~20 matches.. But I ENJOYED myself. Quite a bit actually. Connection had hesitation and a little delay but totally playable. I wasn't able to adjust my timing enough to land a combo, bit whatevs.

Point being , for the first time in 3+ months I actually played MKX vs a human, and enjoyed it. What little play I've done otherwise being nothing more than testing lagg vs randoms (usually after a patch).. So I am somewhat more energized to get in and learn more Cassie and actually. PLAY THE DAMN GAME.

Any PC players wanna run vs a hyper scrub?
My connection is ass and I play the game on the lowest settings at 45fps but let's do this right now. Lets try at least.
VideoGamerHD on Steam. I think I'm the only one using the internet atm.

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

With the scaling on flipkick, cassie's 42%/40% corner combos from her oh/low have been reduced by about 2%. Before the patch, this new combo extender (st.4 xx glow kick) i'm showing here couldn't touch her old bnb. Now it may be useful to explore it's potential. I can only break 40% which matches the standard bnb cassie's should be doing now (Opener xx flipkick, 121, 21u4, 4 xx flipkick, 123 xx nut.)

I'm no combo artist. pls help

@EGP Wonder_Chef @Jer @Pan1cMode @TopTierHarley @TopTierHarley @cassiehasntevenwonatop8

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.

With the scaling on flipkick, cassie's 42%/40% corner combos from her oh/low have been reduced by about 2%. Before the patch, this new combo extender st. (4 xx glow kick) i'm showing here couldn't touch her old bnb. Now it may be useful to explore it's potential. I can only break 40% which matches the standard bnb cassie's should be doing now (Opener xx flipkick, 121, 21u4, 4 xx flipkick, 123 xx nut.)

I'm no combo artist. pls help

@EGP Wonder_Chef @Jer @Pan1cMode @TopTierHarley @TopTierHarley @cassiehasntevenwonatop8
The combo in the video looks really swaggy too.

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
Hey there peeps, been a long time. Got something new for you all.

So just recently I started messing around with Brawler, even though I've been playing as Cassie since launch (I'm not really sure why I never gave it a chance in the first place) and it's been quite fun. Her command grabs are actually pretty useful and her air throw leads to heaps of damage.

While testing its possibilities, I stumbled across a 50% 1 bar corner combo. The problem is: it's hella inconsistent and somewhat unreliable. Here's a vid showing two ways of doing it:

The biggest problem of the combo itself is that you must land a Jump Kick while your back is facing the corner. You can guess how many times this happens during a match. lol

Of course, as shown in the video, you can use a Crossup Jump Kick to start the combo and get the same result, but the chances of landing a Crossup Jump Kick in a real match are minimal.

Not only that, you'd STILL have to hit the 121 string at the highest height possible, which is by itself a hellova pain. The following parts of this combo are quite simple to land, though.

I've also uploaded a more reliable/simple version of these combos, using 212 instead of 121 after running under the airborne opponent. You end up giving up 5% damage, but it's super consistent and really easy to do, so it might be the way to go.

Of course, none of us will be landing crossup jump kicks against real opponents all the time (maybe once in a hundred matches?), but hell, it CAN happen, right? And when it does, now we know that we can take 50% of their health. The more options, the better.

Honestly? I'm just glad I still managed to find new stuff after all this time. lol

Too drunk to record a vid, but here's another corner combo with Hollyhood....

242, 121, 21u4, 21u4, 123 flip kick, b12 nut punch (41%).

shura30

Shura
That works too But f33 after 242 is really easy to hit actually
In the combo I've listed 121 over f33 is irrelevant damage-wise, also it's np as ender not flip sry my mistake while cutpasteing

242,121,21u4,21u4,4,db2,run,4,db2,b1,bd3
242,f33,21u4,21u4,4,db2,run,4,db2,b1,bd3

same damage, 43%
it's possible to hit 44% with 123 np at the end, I find the timing tricky tho

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
In the combo I've listed 121 over f33 is irrelevant damage-wise, also it's np as ender not flip sry my mistake while cutpasteing

same damage, 43%
Yeah but why Go for nutpunch instead of flipkick? You have almost no frame advantage when Doing it in that combo. Also The combo I posted is pretty easy, does 1% more damage and give you more advantage.

Last edited:

shura30

Shura
Yeah but why Go for nutpunch instead of flipkick? You have almost no frame advantage when Doing it in that combo. Also The combo I posted is pretty easy, does 1% more damage and give you more advantage.
never said that one should use db2 or np exclusively
yes with db2 you get more frame advantage, with np you get either advantage and np bait game

B. Shazzy

NRS shill #42069

same damage, 43%
That's way too many buttons. Just do the one in the OP.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
@Pan1cMode you might want to double check the Spec Ops meterless corner combo notation for F3 hitting first, it's missing something :p