What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

Ardul

Noob
After hot fix I feel xxdb+2, RC, 11 harder to do before patch. Corner combos also harder to do. It has no sense how unstable are Cassie combos just for ~20% dmg, ~35% in corner.

shura30

Shura
After hot fix I feel xxdb+2, RC, 11 harder to do before patch. Corner combos also harder to do. It has no sense how unstable are Cassie combos just for ~20% dmg, ~35% in corner.
i'll quote you another post of mine where I've tested online and execution friendly decent damage corner combos

damage is pretty much unchanged, 1-2% less,

what it seems to me is that the combination of hit/hurt boxes changes and the run buffer/startup hurts cassie too much, especially midscreen 212 seems very situational now and where I was used to land it after a b12 flip it seems impossible now 21 lands on the opponent and the last 2 which would have previously mostly combo'ed thin air now whiffs

corner combos:

242/missile/exmissile+sweep as starter
121 (online friendly) / f33
212, 123 flip
run 4 flip
run 123 flip/missile

it's a lot harder now, I am managing to hit it consistently with f33 and by walking a step forward before hitting 121 but the last run into 123 is hard to get.
b1 flip/missile is a more consistent ender

Ardul

Noob
Damage difference is more than 1-2%. Talking about Hollywood. Some midscreen is about 4-5% and corner 4-5% too, specially using bd+3 MB. Besides are harder to perform.
I've found xxdb2; f+2; 2,1,2; 2,1,u4; 4xxdb2; RC; 1,2,3xxender best choice so far.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Everyone having trouble connnecting 212 after B1xxflip midscreen, you can start buffering run as soon as your flipkick animation starts. I've been hitting it 100% since i've been doing that

YoloRoll1stHit

Publicly Educated
With the new +16 nut punch tech I think it's better to go for vortex, especially when i feel midscreen combo inconsistent. If they guess wrong they can eat 18% from F34, technically double combo damage. But this applies to Hollywood only

GQJ

Noob
Everyone having trouble connnecting 212 after B1xxflip midscreen, you can start buffering run as soon as your flipkick animation starts. I've been hitting it 100% since i've been doing that
Just to be clear, you are saying B1, not B12? bc w/ B1xx, I can get 212 even on the ladies (tested w/ Mileena), but B12 feels impossible.

If you are saying B12, I tip my hat to you sir,

But if you are indeed saying B1, does that mean you lose the hit confirming ability?

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Just to be clear, you are saying B1, not B12? bc w/ B1xx, I can get 212 even on the ladies (tested w/ Mileena), but B12 feels impossible.

If you are saying B12, I tip my hat to you sir,

But if you are indeed saying B1, does that mean you lose the hit confirming ability?
I did actually mean B12 sorry :p

Reactions: GQJ

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I've been buffering the run when her first foot hits the ground, it comes out on the first available frame every time.

I can't do the brawler overhead and low combo starters on the corner, right after the second getaway flip the opponent falls very fast. it doesn't allow me to run and finish with 24 takedown, do this combos no longer work or am I doing something wrong??, I really need overhead and low combos for my Cassie

Darumm

Noob
I was attempting them a few days ago, my best attempts ended with me hitting 24 and wiffing the takedown (and hitting 24 was really really hard for me)

The Highlander

There can be only one
I can't do the brawler overhead and low combo starters on the corner, right after the second getaway flip the opponent falls very fast. it doesn't allow me to run and finish with 24 takedown, do this combos no longer work or am I doing something wrong??, I really need overhead and low combos for my Cassie
It still works, you need to be slightly underneath them when the second flip hits meaning you hit 121, 212, 123 as early as you can and they'll be much higher off the ground. It makes the 24 much easier to connect and the takedown won't whiff. I've had problems hitting it online though, any lag at all makes this very very hard.

N-Zalo

Noob
So... 1 hotfix and 1 patch have passed and we didn't get our midscreen combo consistency restored... Am i the only one that was still having some hope??

Back+1,2, flip kick, run, 212 is still an issue for me. Not sure why I have so much difficulty landing that, probably because I'm drunk when I play, who knows.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Back+1,2, flip kick, run, 212 is still an issue for me. Not sure why I have so much difficulty landing that, probably because I'm drunk when I play, who knows.
It does seem to be a pain, but if you substitute B12 for 212 you lose 1% (tested it on Hollywood and the difference still seems to be 1%. I personally play Brawler) and the B12 link is extremely easy comparatively. If you REALLY want that 1% back, you can do F24. That seems to fall between B12 easy and 212 difficult. I did notice though that mid-screen this may not be possible with Nut Shot. In the corner it wasn't troublesome, but midscreen it was a bitch. It was easy to go straight from F2 into Nut Shot, but then you lose the extra damage that was the point of the F24 string in the first place.

So, mid-screen would be:

B12 (or starter or choice) x flip x B12 x EnderOfChoice (brawler with TakeDown is 24%, I THINK non-ex nut shot like like 22%?)

or

B12 (or starter of choice) x flip x F24 x EnderOfChoice (25% Brawler /w TakeDown. 23% with NutShot)

Last edited:
It does seem to be a pain, but if you substitute B12 for 212 you lose 1% (tested it on Hollywood and the difference still seems to be 1%. I personally play Brawler) and the B12 link is extremely easy comparatively. If you REALLY want that 1% back, you can do F24. That seems to fall between B12 easy and 212 difficult. I did notice though that mid-screen this may not be possible with Nut Shot. In the corner it wasn't troublesome, but midscreen it was a bitch. It was easy to go straight from F2 into Nut Shot, but then you lose the extra damage that was the point of the F24 string in the first place.

So, mid-screen would be:

B12 (or starter or choice) x flip x B12 x EnderOfChoice (brawler with TakeDown is 24%, I THINK non-ex nut shot like like 22%?)

or

B12 (or starter of choice) x flip x F24 x EnderOfChoice (25% Brawler /w TakeDown. 23% with NutShot)
Yea that's what I have been doing (I use both variations, depending on MUs). I only use 212 after EX flip. The run cancel comes out faster after the EX version for some reason, so that's the only time I use it.

Scott The Scot

Yea that's what I have been doing (I use both variations, depending on MUs). I only use 212 after EX flip. The run cancel comes out faster after the EX version for some reason, so that's the only time I use it.
Yeah the EX flip recovers faster to compensate for the further distance it leaves you from your opponent so that it makes the bar worth it (Makes comboing easier).

I might make a video form of how to execute the 212 after flip. To me it's like, you just buffer your run when flip is recovering (visual cue is when her first foot touches the ground) so that it comes out on the first available frame. Then the timing for learning when to cancel your run with 212 is the same process as learning the max range of your best normal in Street Fighter when you go to practice with Ryu and do Cr.mk to your opponent a bunch. It's just repetition until you get it down.

GQJ

Noob
Yeah the EX flip recovers faster to compensate for the further distance it leaves you from your opponent so that it makes the bar worth it (Makes comboing easier).

I might make a video form of how to execute the 212 after flip. To me it's like, you just buffer your run when flip is recovering (visual cue is when her first foot touches the ground) so that it comes out on the first available frame. Then the timing for learning when to cancel your run with 212 is the same process as learning the max range of your best normal in Street Fighter when you go to practice with Ryu and do Cr.mk to your opponent a bunch. It's just repetition until you get it down.
Pretty please?

But seriously using the visual cue definitely "changes the game", and has enabled me to more consistently hit 212 (on females!) than pre-patch. I still need work though, I have to resist the temptation of inputting the 212 early, since before just inputting the B12 gives you enough leeway to immediately press after the run.

2 Questions.

1. Do you apply this method to Cassie's Caged Rage (B2,1,2,D1+2) starter? I find that it is easier to connect 11 and 212, even without a tight run buffer.
2. Does this work with her Nut Punch ender? I will try it, but wanted the opinion of someone who can nail it all the time.

Scott The Scot

Pretty please?

But seriously using the visual cue definitely "changes the game", and has enabled me to more consistently hit 212 (on females!) than pre-patch. I still need work though, I have to resist the temptation of inputting the 212 early, since before just inputting the B12 gives you enough leeway to immediately press after the run.

2 Questions.

1. Do you apply this method to Cassie's Caged Rage (B2,1,2,D1+2) starter? I find that it is easier to connect 11 and 212, even without a tight run buffer.
2. Does this work with her Nut Punch ender? I will try it, but wanted the opinion of someone who can nail it all the time.
I'm glad the visual cue helped you! Hitting 212 from now on is no longer a run issue but an issue of hitting 2 at the right time, that will come with practice and trying to figure out what helps you hit it each time :)

You questions:

1. I apply it all the time because it's good to give yourself plenty of leeway, and it's just good practice in general since you won't need the visual cue eventually as it becomes muscle memory!
2. Yes, it does. You can end the combo however you like since you can do a follow up normal after 212. In hollywood I always do B12~Run, 212, B12~Nut Punch.

Reactions: GQJ

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
I'm glad the visual cue helped you! Hitting 212 from now on is no longer a run issue but an issue of hitting 2 at the right time, that will come with practice and trying to figure out what helps you hit it each time :)

You questions:

1. I apply it all the time because it's good to give yourself plenty of leeway, and it's just good practice in general since you won't need the visual cue eventually as it becomes muscle memory!
2. Yes, it does. You can end the combo however you like since you can do a follow up normal after 212. In hollywood I always do B12~Run, 212, B12~Nut Punch.

Not around my computer at the moment, what is the damage on the b12 x RC x 212 x b12 x Nut Punch?

I might spend some more time grinding out the 212 link. I didn't even think of following it up. The extra 3-4% damage (I'm guessing it's around there) would be really helpful..

I don't have any issue getting the run out super fast since you can just buffer it during the kick and she sprints out right away, but need to figure out consistent timing on when to hit the 212. I try to base it off visual queues because the height of the kick's juggle varies so much in matches raw timing isn't enough. (Type of flip, started combo, if it was an AA or punish. Or.caught them jumping, etc etc etc)

Last edited: