What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

Shady

Noob
How/when do you input the cartwheel to cancel f34? I always get a hard knockdown, then yhe cartwheel comes out
You can almost input it as F3,D4,B2. Think of it that way. It has to be immediately in the string or it will tech you into the last move of the F34

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
You can almost input it as F3,D4,B2. Think of it that way. It has to be immediately in the string or it will tech you into the last move of the F34
All hits of the f34 string can hit and you should be fine.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Finishing with b12 isn't really harder for me than just doing b1 into the nut punch. It is nice to actually be back on my monitor at home and not a laggy hotel room tv....

It's not really the difficulty, it's more the consistency as they can drop down too low after F3,4 xx DB2 for b1,2 xx nutcracker to connect whereas b1 xx nutcracker is a lot more reliable.

Shady

Noob
It's not an issue of being too hard, but that b1 works at more height variations than b12. During a real match, I'm not going to risk missing the nutpunch just to get 1% damage.

EDIT: Fergus knows what is up ;)
This. The main reason I'm not too stressed my optimal combos run about 22-25 midscreen. I know that's not Cassie's game. The important part is the set up.

Also, boys/girls/ladies/men... whatever. I gotta say. I love the amount of love we're getting here with Cassie. Prepping for my first local MKX, gonna have to try and not let the Cassie community down.

I just wanted to mess around in practice to not have 242 be the starter because of it's vulnerability.
If you are using Hollywood, then you can use 21u4 as your launcher. It also starts with her 5-frame punch and allows for the same juggles. Unlike 242, the last hit of 21u4 knocks the opponent back slightly, and since it is also -6 on block, only 5 frame moves with horizontal movement can punish it.

Shady

Noob
If you are using Hollywood, then you can use 21u4 as your launcher. It also starts with her 5-frame punch and allows for the same juggles. Unlike 242, the last hit of 21u4 knocks the opponent back slightly, and since it is also -6 on block, only 5 frame moves with horizontal movement can punish it.
Oh, I know. I'm just more comfortable using B12 as a starter.

b12 xx F2 xx 21u4 xx F34 xx DB2 xx B1 xx DB3. Meterless for 40% and good enough for me :p.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
It's not really the difficulty, it's more the consistency as they can drop down too low after F3,4 xx DB2 for b1,2 xx nutcracker to connect whereas b1 xx nutcracker is a lot more reliable.
It's not an issue of being too hard, but that b1 works at more height variations than b12. During a real match, I'm not going to risk missing the nutpunch just to get 1% damage.

EDIT: Fergus knows what is up ;)
Yeah I know what you mean. What is nice though is that based on the height that I observe when doing the f34~db2 it isn't a big deal to judge whether or not you have the proper height to do a b12 or b1. I get the point going with the consistent option over 1% extra damage, but I don't really think it is too bad to adjust on the fly. You definitely have enough time to think about it after the f34~db2 since you are basically just waiting to do an input more or less.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Man @GuamoKun we have the greatest character choice ever right? Look at these beautiful Cassie combos!
I love how you're like "look at this combo" and then I'm like "look at these instead". And then everyone here is like "let's come up with stuff".

Also what are you guys doing for AAs? I'm doing 3 b12 into ender. I'm not home right meow but can't you cancel into flip kick after b1 and extend there?

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
I love how you're like "look at this combo" and then I'm like "look at these instead". And then everyone here is like "let's come up with stuff".

Also what are you guys doing for AAs? I'm doing 3 b12 into ender. I'm not home right meow but can't you cancel into flip kick after b1 and extend there?
Her raw db2 is a really great anti air for cross up actually. When someone jumps over you it's super easy to db2 it since it's 5 frames, and you can get a juggle into setup.

Shady

Noob
Is there any value to F24 as an alternative to B12?
Just the faster start up, but B12 is one of the better strings in the game man in terms of reach and leaving you with options as well as safe. There is really no reason to start it with F24.

Borss39

Noob
I'm having issues timing my jumps. When I liunch with 242 or F44, it seems like my jump is delayed and I can't get up in time to throw or bounce with up 2. Do I press up right after I putting the launch combo or hold up during. When do I initiate the jump?

Just the faster start up, but B12 is one of the better strings in the game man in terms of reach and leaving you with options as well as safe. There is really no reason to start it with F24.
The only thought I had is that even if the combo is fully blocked it does push the opponent back a fair deal, which I thought might be useful for setting up a corner trap. But I'm new and shit, so ignore me if I'm being stupid (or correct my thinking, that would be good too)

RexxyC

what's done is done
I find it a bit unecessary that most of her combos involve running. I hate that mechanic with a passion, but would like to learn Cassie. It also seems like she has to be in the corner 90% of the time, and the damage output still isn't too high. Maybe they should suck some of the damage out of Kotal and pump it into Cassie.

Edit: I'm probably going to have to learn the run mechanic.

Last edited:

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Woop
sies, realised how easy it is to do in combo during a juggle. Was trying to use it as a starter hahaha.

I haven't gotten the chance to look at the combo videos, but did anyone mention the fact that you can combo in and out of American Way in Spec Ops? She can even hit confirm her F3, into DB1, into DB2.