What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
I personally find connecting 4 and then 212 212 db2 in the corner very consistent.

Landed it several times in offline casuals yesterday.

Shady

Noob
I personally find connecting 4 and then 212 212 db2 in the corner very consistent.

Landed it several times in offline casuals yesterday.
Once you get used to the timing of it out of the run cancel, it becomes easier. I just do F1 though instead of Run 4. Same concept roughly same damage.

I really like the damage and the creativity on the 242 combos, its just not really match viable for two reasons:
1. On block, you're way better off starting everything b12 and then you can check them with so many options.
2. The last it of 242 a lot of cast can armour through, which is going to get blown up in tourneys/competitive play, so I'd rather not get into a bad habit fo using that string.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Once you get used to the timing of it out of the run cancel, it becomes easier. I just do F1 though instead of Run 4. Same concept roughly same damage.

I really like the damage and the creativity on the 242 combos, its just not really match viable for two reasons:
1. On block, you're way better off starting everything b12 and then you can check them with so many options.
2. The last it of 242 a lot of cast can armour through, which is going to get blown up in tourneys/competitive play, so I'd rather not get into a bad habit fo using that string.
Yeah 242 isn't great to use on block, but it is a great punish string especially in the corner since it starts at 5 frames and leads to some good damage.

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
242 is a must use string as it's her fastest punisher at 5f and it also launches.

Damage comparison with 242 and 212 (in hollywood) midscreen

212 xx DB2 run cancel B1,2 xx BF4 = 22%

242 33 b12 xx DB2 run cancel b1,2 xx BF4 = 31%

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
242 is a must use string as it's her fastest punisher at 5f and it also launches.

Damage comparison with 242 and 212 (in hollywood) midscreen

212 xx DB2 run cancel B1,2 xx BF4 = 22%

242 33 b12 xx DB2 run cancel b1,2 xx BF4 = 31%
212 is also 5f and I was talking about the corner anyway.

@GuamoKun answered that very timely with his video though :)

RiBBz22

In the corner after a Starter into db2:

Substitute a run 4 with a jf4 into the 212 and continue the @Sajam combo.

If you land 242 or f44 or 21u4 and can land a njp, follow up with f34xxdb2 jump 1 f34xxbd3 for 40% meterless

I tested them on Dvorah since she has a small Hurtbox and I hate her
Damn this looks pretty good, how tight are the execution windows? I normally do the same combo, but I have always done 4~db2 j3 11 212~db2 b12~bd3 and it does 1% less so this seems easier.

RiBBz22

So is 212? Does 242 lead to better dmg? I know it does on brawler, but on Hollywood I find 212~db2 better.

edit:

I guess you answered my question lol :)
Yeah you can squeeze more damage out of 242 since it let's you get more damage in before your first db2

LionHeart

Whisper within a sigh
Yeah you can squeeze more damage out of 242 since it let's you get more damage in before your first db2
It indeed does midscreen, but I wasn't aware of a corner combo that did more, since the scaling led to 1-2% more damage. That is no longer the case :)

Shady

Noob
Yeah 242 isn't great to use on block, but it is a great punish string especially in the corner since it starts at 5 frames and leads to some good damage.
Agreed. Use it all the time. But I'm in the flavour of just stepping back and whiff punishing them pressing buttons with B12. Sorry, I just can't get over that string.

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Damn this looks pretty good, how tight are the execution windows? I normally do the same combo, but I have always done 4~db2 j3 11 212~db2 b12~bd3 and it does 1% less so this seems easier.
This is way easier, as I have the execution skills of a drunk.

Also you don't have to run

GS_Zodiac

Determined to make a name for the mid-west
I have a 39% corner combo with Hollywood that is fairly easy to do once you have run cancelling down. It takes one meter for the meter burned nutpunch and you get the 50/50 out of it.

This character is too scary in the corner. Will post later

Fergus

Like Father, Like Daughter
Thanks for the shoutout man, even tho it was mostly yours, I just adapted it to other moves :p

It seems like 242 to 33 midscreen whiffs on Ferra/Torr so it's not a universal combo.

Shady

Noob
This video just shows Fergus's combo with the overhead and low starters.

f3, db2, f2, 21u4, f34, db2, b1, bd3 -- overhead, 41% meterless
d+f1, db2, f2, 21u4, f34, db2, b1, bd3 -- low, 39% meterless
Godlike. I actually was just practicing these before even seeing the video. Great minds think alike I guess. I just wanted to mess around in practice to not have 242 be the starter because of it's vulnerability. Starting your corner swag combo with a B12 instead. I also noticed it's a lot easier to land the F2 than the Run xx 4 in terms of timing to transition into 212. GOD. Her corner game is off the charts.