What's new

Combo List - Cassie Cage Cassie Cage Combo Thread

Audit

Falls down too much
Here's the deal guys, the run cancel is kind of weird at first since it isn't MK9 block dashing....I will admit I didn't like it at first....but the execution is really not that bad once you get used to it. The thing that you want to focus on in my opinion is to work on learning when to cancel into the run to the point where you are confident that the run will be coming out every time. Don't worry about putting the entire combo together at first just get this step down. Once you are confident with ability to cancel into a run when you want then it really frees up your focus into executing the rest of your combos.

In time as the game is out longer, people won't even think about doing the run cancels they will just be muscle memory much like the way dashing worked in combos in MK9.

TLDR: I wouldn't get discouraged and seek out combos that avoid the run cancel. It will eventually become 2nd nature once you practice it enough.
I started fooling around with Cassie specifically to learn the run mechanic. I think are putting too much thought into the execution and trying to so fwd, fwd, blk. The timing on it is actually really really lenient, and I've learned to do it as fwd, fwd+BLK. You can do it as two "beats" if you will, like 1,2 and then just watch yourself run and time the move you're cancelling run into. I wish i could explain it better, it would make run combos much easier for people.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I started fooling around with Cassie specifically to learn the run mechanic. I think are putting too much thought into the execution and trying to so fwd, fwd, blk. The timing on it is actually really really lenient, and I've learned to do it as fwd, fwd+BLK. You can do it as two "beats" if you will, like 1,2 and then just watch yourself run and time the move you're cancelling run into. I wish i could explain it better, it would make run combos much easier for people.
People just need to do it enough until they are used to it. Pretty much all there is to it. I think people are overthinking the command in general.

Laziman5898

"Cassie , D'vorah , Jacqui and Tanya are killers"
Okay so I've been thinking can anyone find any decent bnbs of an MB air throw because I know if times perfectly after a db2 -RUN you can j1 air throw and for the cost of a meter you can get some good damage but I don't know what to do after the MB air throw

RiBBz22

Hollywood you can squeeze an extra % out if you change the b12 bnb to:

b12~db2 run 4 212 212~db2 f21~nut punch =38% (the b12 is a little easier to link though)

Another variation I have been using if I am not getting the 212 to connect after the 4 is:

b12~db2 run 33 212 212~db2 b12~nut punch = 36%

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Hollywood you can squeeze an extra % out if you change the b12 bnb to:

b12~db2 run 4 212 212~db2 f21~nut punch =38% (the b12 is a little easier to link though)

Another variation I have been using if I am not getting the 212 to connect after the 4 is:

b12~db2 run 33 212 212~db2 b12~nut punch = 36%
Some actually really nice damage combos here. Nice!

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Ok guys... two combos (both midscreen):

1. Jip1 242 f21 db2 run f21 ex nut punch (35% plus restand)

2. d+f1 db2 run f21 ex nut punch (27% plus restand) probably a couple more % with a jip

RiBBz22

run 33 probably going to be the way to go honestly. run 4, 212 has very strict timing. not worth risking the drop
Yep I mean it is early and who knows what the future holds but I agree with you and more importantly myself

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Yep I mean it is early and who knows what the future holds but I agree with you and more importantly myself
I got down different run combos with her but I'm having a hard time getting run 33 or 4 to hit. I can get 1 of the 3s but the second hit whiffs.

I get the run out always but just actually connecting the hits. I don't have a problem with dashing or w/e like the others with the running problems.

Last edited:

RiBBz22

I got down different run combos with her but I'm having a hard time getting run 33 or 4 to hit. I can get 1 of the 3s but the second hit whiffs.

I get the run out always but just actually connecting the hits. I don't have a problem with dashing or w/e like the others with the running problems.
Hmmm to be honest if you cancel into the run right after the db2 you can pretty much just do the 33 almost right away and they will both hit. Just hit the 33 quick since it is a string and keep in mind you are not doing two separate 3 inputs because the only thing I can see is that you might be doing.

NoxiousDonny

"Cheap Grubber"
Hmmm to be honest if you cancel into the run right after the db2 you can pretty much just do the 33 almost right away and they will both hit. Just hit the 33 quick since it is a string and keep in mind you are not doing two separate 3 inputs because the only thing I can see is that you might be doing.
It's not the 33 thing. I'm doing something wrong, not sure if it's running too late or timing 33 wrong.. hmm. :(

actually, you dont lose any damage if you just run in and press 3 instead of doing the 33 string. you can do it with any normal actually. might be easiest to do run 2, then 212, 212 because 2 is her fastest standing normal

edit: nvm you lose 2 percent if you use run 2, run 3 is easy enough

jo_don

Noob
It's not the 33 thing. I'm doing something wrong, not sure if it's running too late or timing 33 wrong.. hmm. :(
Are you trying to do it midscreen? Because the 33 212 212 is a corner combo. If you are in the corner I think you are just doing it to fast because that have been the only time I only hit one of the kicks.

RiBBz22

actually, you dont lose any damage if you just run in and press 3 instead of doing the 33 string. you can do it with any normal actually. might be easiest to do run 2, then 212, 212 because 2 is her fastest standing normal

edit: nvm you lose 2 percent if you use run 2, run 3 is easy enough
yeah if you are struggling with 33 for whatever reason (this should be easy enough in time) but you COULLLLD do run 2 2 212 for 2% less off the optimal to this point from b12. Like we both mentioned I think 33 is the best and most consistent option at this point.

RiBBz22

Another thing I have been doing on a few jump setups in the corner is leading in with j4 which is safe on block and the hit advantage and recovery is good enough to cancel into the air gunshot on hit. So to convert I will end up with:

J4 bf1 212~db2 j3 212~nut punch = 38% (corner)

yeah if you are struggling with 33 for whatever reason (this should be easy enough in time) but you COULLLLD do run 2 2 212 for 2% less off the optimal to this point from b12. Like we both mentioned I think 33 is the best and most consistent option at this point.
i think just run, 3 is the best option because it does the same damage as run, 33

RiBBz22

i think just run, 3 is the best option because it does the same damage as run, 33
Yeah 33 actually does more damage but it registers as the same percent. But it is fractional so whatever you are more comfortable with. At this point my muscle memory is going to do 33 every time if I am doing that version and I feel like it puts me at the perfect height to do the 212 212, but you are right to each his own in this case.

Afro_physicist

Hat Trick
One more corner combo that is pretty high damaging, the ending changes on variations but I'll use hollywood as example.

242, njp, j2, b21~db2, j2, j2, b21~bd3 (~36%, not home can't remember)

It's hard timing, but you can do two jump in 2 after the db2.

I usually do nut punch for Hollywood, bf3 pummel for brawler, and a missile set up for spec ops.

Hollywood and corner only (42% damage - meterless):

242, 4, 21u4, 4, db2, forward jump 4, 212, db2, b12, bd3.

In order for the nut-punch to connect, you must have the opponent at the correct height (and it is pretty specific). Height is controlled at two points: either between the 21u4 and 4, or with the forward jump 4. OR you can cut out the last 2 (in the b12) and the combo becomes much more lenient while still doing 41% damage.

Last edited:

sdlux

Noob
I found that after 242 midscreen you can do 33 and then go for b12. If you dont have stamina you can do the nutpunch here for 27%. If you do the full run you get 32% which is nice. However the problem is you can''t do EX nutpunch after the run ~b12(the second hit of the nutpunch does not connect, or at least i can not get it to connect), so i do the ex nutpunch when going for the shorter version.

242,33,b12,db2,run~b12-bd3 32%
242,33,b12,bd3 27%
242,33,b12,ex-bd3 30%
jip(adds ~2%)