What's new

Buffs and Nerfs Wish List

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I've not even seen the chance to decline high ping. Every match says between 40-100ms, but in game it feels much different.
They don’t want to piss off what I’m assuming is the vast majority of people on wifi, which is really irritating. It’d be nice if we could on Kombat League at least.

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Sub-Zero:
Remove standing frames on slide
Reduce recovery on ice Klone
Make ice klone last longer
Reduce damage scaling on df4
Make f123 safe on block
Remove gap on 122
Make it so Reiko can’t slide through klone
Make it so klone blocks one hit of ALL projectiles
Make f1 faster
Make it so klone freezes people who poke into it
Make ex ice ball faster and still eat a projectile
Make ex klone into regular klone but better recovery and longer lasting.
Reduce recovery on b2
Change ice ball input to df2 so you don’t get it when trying to do f1 from a crouching position.

Kenshi: Do something about the block infinite. That’s all nothing else.

Raiden:
Lower his damage maybe by increasing damage scaling on shocker.
Increase recovery on electric fly.
Reduce pushback on his fatal blow

Baraka: Lower his damage

Ashrah:
Make her more unsafe.
Reduce the armor on her wake-up
Improve her dark mode.

Cage: Make his overheads more unsafe Edit: you can upblock those. So maybe just make his strings a tad bit more unsafe.

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I've not even seen the chance to decline high ping. Every match says between 40-100ms, but in game it feels much different.
You can decline around 150ms or so.

You are right, though. MS with WIFI users may be low, but the connection spikes.

I would like to have the option to mute these fools in Kombat League.

Sub-Zero:
Remove standing frames on slide
Reduce recovery on ice Klone
Make ice klone last longer
Reduce damage scaling on df4
Make f123 safe on block
Remove gap on 122
Make it so Reiko can’t slide through klone
Make it so klone blocks one hit of ALL projectiles
Make f1 faster
Make it so klone freezes people who poke into it
Make ex ice ball faster and still eat a projectile
Make ex klone into regular klone but better recovery and longer lasting.
Reduce recovery on b2
Change ice ball input to df2 so you don’t get it when trying to do f1 from a crouching position.

Kenshi: Do something about the block infinite. That’s all nothing else.

Raiden:
Lower his damage maybe by increasing damage scaling on shocker.
Increase recovery on electric fly.
Reduce pushback on his fatal blow

Baraka: Lower his damage

Ashrah:
Make her more unsafe.
Reduce the armor on her wake-up
Improve her dark mode.

Cage: Make his overheads more unsafe
You can upblock his overheads for full combo…

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
You can decline around 150ms or so.

You are right, though. MS with WIFI users may be low, but the connection spikes.

I would like to have the option to mute these fools in Kombat League.
The workaround for muting is just stating a private party by yourself

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Way too early for any buffs and certainly for any nerfs. But discussions about it can be fun and it also has the potential to be productive. And it’s always good to see where everyone’s minds are at on what they feel is too strong or not strong enough.

My list won’t be comprehensive at all, and it also won’t include everything balance change that I believe needs to happen at some point. Because it’s going to take a lot more research and testing before I can give out a solid list. Also, I’m not sitting in front of the game so I’m not going to know or remember all the moves names and stuff like that. Also, I’m HIGHLY in favor of only SLIGHT nerfs. And that means that a lot of mine are just going to be health changes. Anyway, all that said, here’s mine for now.

Nerfs:

Kameos

Cyrax:

•His Helicopter move costs 70% of Kameo meter now and after doing this move the Kameo meter recharges 10% slower than it did

•You get -100 Health if you choose Cyrax Kameo

Kung Lao:
•Low Hat costs 40% of Kameo
Meter now and after doing this move the Kameo meter recharges 25% slower than it did

•You get -50 Health if you choose Kung Lao Kameo

Jax:
•Ground Pound hits only once regardless if it connects or not

•You get -50 Health if you choose Jax Kameo

Sareena:
•Sareena’s back+kameo attack that throws 2 boomerang projectiles now costs 60% Kameo meter

•You get +0 Health if you choose Sareena Kameo

Sub-Zero:
•You get -50 Health if you choose Sub-Zero Kameo

Characters

Baraka:

•Baraka now has 900 health

Raiden:
•Raiden now has 900 health

Johnny Cage:
•Cage now has 900 health

Kenshi:
•Kenshi now has 900 health

Ashrah:
•Ashrah now has 950 Health

Mileena:
•Mileena now has 950 Health

Shang Tsung:
•Shang now has 950 Health
——————————————————

Buffs:

Kameos

Motaro:

•Motaro’s 3 hit projectile balls are now an ambush Kameo attack

•You get +50 Health if you choose Motaro Kameo

Sonya:
•You get +100 Health if you choose Sonya Kameo

Shujinko:
•You get +50 Health if you choose Shujinko Kameo

Scorpion:
•Forward+Kameo attack that is an overhead attack has faster startup frames. (Not sure what it is now, but it’ll be 2-3 frames faster now)

Characters

Sub-Zero:

•Sub-Zero is reverted back to how he was in the beta

•An overall 10% damage increase on every string and special move

•Decrease damage scaling after an EX freeze. Whether that be the EX ground freeze, EX ice ball, or EX klone

•Sub-Zero now has 1050 Health

Smoke:
•EX Vicious Vapors into cancel is now +2 (idk if this is even possible but it’d be cool if at the cost of a bar you could make the cancel slightly +)

•F1 is now a mid

•3 new strings are added. (F33, F332, F333).
•F33 is a low to mid with no gap. This is -3 on block but the 2nd 3 can be special canceled.
•F332 is a low to mid to overhead but with a gap on the overhead. This is +8 on block but the 2 (overhead) cannot be special canceled.
•F333 is a low to mid to low with no gaps. This is -3 on block, and +1 on hit. The last 3 pops them up slightly but it cannot be special canceled. Only way you can combo after the last 3 is with the use of a Kameo attack.

•The grounded teleport cancel acts the same way as the air teleport cancel now. Meaning you teleport to the other side and the cancel activates so you don’t make contact with the opponent. The grounded EX teleport cancel will act normally and you won’t teleport but you’ll go invisible like how it currently works.

Scorpion:
•21 is now a mid mid

•No longer a gap in the f32 string

•EX Hellflame has some hitstun now

——————————————————

There’s more buffs and nerfs I’d like to implement, but I’d have to do way more research and testing. I know I have Smoke getting the most buffs but that’s because I have extensive experience with him. I don’t have that amount of experience with any other character.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
hell no. people are sleeping on this character already
Yeah I agree she doesn't really need buffs, but these are a couple small changes I'd like just cos she feels quite barebones to a lot of other characters I think. None of her specials are that interesting, she has like 2 useful strings. I think it would just make her more interesting more than anything, like a lot of the other characters. She just somewhat meh in terms of her fighting style and some more utility would bring her up there with the more interesting fighters.

The timer buff reset is MUST though. Right now if you get charge 1, then don't get to charge 2 for another 5 seconds. You get the buff for like 1 or 2 seconds and it'a gone making doing in stages completely useless really. The others are more of just a wish list lol

Reactions: jmt
I'll throw my wishlist on here for my main.

EX Invisibility and Spit should have damage over time. Like someone else said, EX Invis should be like Noxious from MKX, spit should work like Erron's acid Puddle from MK11, but also leave acid on them on hit and do DoT like Baraka's projectile.

Cyrax and Lao need reworked in some way, probably. Motaro could use a buff.

Aside from that, too early to tell for me.

Invisibility and Spit should have damage over time. Like someone else said, EX Invis should be like Noxious from MKX, spit should work like Erron's acid Puddle from MK11, but also leave acid on them on hit and do DoT like Baraka's projectile.
Honestly, I'd be satisfied with EX invisibility doing anything at all other than being a way to relieve me of my meter lol

Yeah I agree she doesn't really need buffs, but these are a couple small changes I'd like just cos she feels quite barebones to a lot of other characters I think. None of her specials are that interesting, she has like 2 useful strings. I think it would just make her more interesting more than anything, like a lot of the other characters. She just somewhat meh in terms of her fighting style and some more utility would bring her up there with the more interesting fighters.
yes tanya is like b211 all day

Smoke:
•EX Vicious Vapors into cancel is now +2 (idk if this is even possible but it’d be cool if at the cost of a bar you could make the cancel slightly +)

•F1 is now a mid

•F33 is a low to mid with no gap. This is -3 on block but the 2nd 3 can be special canceled.
•F332 is a low to mid to overhead but with a gap on the overhead. This is +8 on block but the 2 (overhead) cannot be special canceled.
•F333 is a low to mid to low with no gaps. This is -3 on block, and +1 on hit. The last 3 pops them up slightly but it cannot be special canceled. Only way you can combo after the last 3 is with the use of a Kameo attack.

•The grounded teleport cancel acts the same way as the air teleport cancel now. Meaning you teleport to the other side and the cancel activates so you don’t make contact with the opponent. The grounded EX teleport cancel will act normally and you won’t teleport but you’ll go invisible like how it currently works.
[/QUOTE]

Smoke:

•F1 is now a mid

yes, sure :laughing:

Nerf Raiden - bring Richard Epcar back and adjust the hitbox on df2 so that it doesn't vacuum you in

Edit: Also, fuck his dumb f4 starter and how it goes under everything

Last edited:
Reactions: jmt

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Reiko buffs-

Command grab always mid, always meter burn damage.

Command grab allows combo if meter burned (1bar)

Tic throw off something useful.

OH leads to combo.

B3 range extended. More + oh

D4 range extended. More + oh

A good +ob advancing mid

Shurikens kill you outright if landed. MB makes them unblockable.

For realz tho, I wish I had more kameo options that would allow me to pickup after command grab and I wish Baraka wasn't the damn war criminal I think he currently is.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Not going to go much into individual #s, just general ideas. For the bulk of the roster not included, I don't have enough experience with them to know any issues (positive or negative). Just chiming in on those I see often or play myself.

Universal Changes
  • Slightly increase buffer time for reversal inputs on block
  • Armored specials retain their armor slightly longer through their animation
  • Drastically decrease combo scaling from aerial punch normals on grounded opponents
  • Increase hurtboxes of characters during aerial kick normals
  • Add "Has an [X]-frame gap" to the Advanced View of strings
  • Increase combo scaling on all back throws
  • Add (or double down on existing) unique mechanics on each character (such as Baraka's chip damage debuff, Nitara's lifesteal, etc.)
Raiden
Just nerf him. His unique effect is fine enough as it is so no compensation.
  • Notably increase damage scaling off shocker and ex shocker
  • Drastically increase whiff recovery of electric fly on landing
  • Increase the charge time to hit phase 2 of his projectile (where it has 3 projectiles)
Baraka
Generic stuff, but also looking to have his unique ability more present.
  • Notably increase damage scaling off anti-air Stab Stab, Baraka Barrage, and ex Baraka Barrage
  • Lower range of B3
  • Decrease range and speed of backdash
  • Slightly increase startup of aerial Death Spin and ex Death Spin
  • Add the ability to amplify the ends of certain strings and his back grab to apply the chip damage debuff
Kenshi
There's likely more to do here, but being wary of going too ham. Mostly just some damage shaved off.
  • Lower max life
  • Increase damage scaling off Sento's overhead launch
  • Sheath now no longer finishes so long as the animation starts. Instead, the animation must be completely finished to sheath Sento
  • Increase startup of Sento stance B2 overhead
  • Slightly decrease chip damage from Sento
Johnny
Just nerf his ass. Give him Hype more often to compensate a little I guess.
  • Lower max life
  • Lower 11 block advantage from +3 to +1
  • Lower advancing distance of F3
  • F3 and F32 are now -6 and -5 on block respectively (from -5 and -4)
  • Hyper Meter now drains faster during Hype
  • Hyper Meter builds more meter from hits with specials
Kitana
Reassign Kitana's power budget to be more of an aerial character.
  • Increase damage scaling from Fan-Nado, especially when used multiple times in the same combo
  • Aerial Fan Toss now moves Kitana backwards slightly
  • Lower aerial Fan Toss recovery
  • Hitting an opponent with a projectile grants Kitana a Feather buff (can have a few, maybe up to 3). Kitana can consume a Feather buff to special cancel a special into an aerial special while airborne. Feathers cannot be gained by projectiles during a combo, only with a raw hit.
  • Reduce combo scaling from Square Wave (all versions)
  • Ex Square Wave now grants a Feather, even if used during a combo
Nitara
Double down on Nitara's unique aspects, especially her Blood Sacrifice and lifesteal.
  • Blood Sacrifice and ex Blood Sacrifice duration is increased when Nitara hits or is blocked by the opponent, up to a maximum bonus duration total
  • Blood Sacrifice and ex Blood Sacrifice life cost are removed when Nitara is under 150 life (does not vary as a % with health-altering kameos. Is always 150 life)
  • Bloody Bolt and ex Bloody Bolt no longer consume Blood Sacrifice
  • Decrease startup of Bloody Bolt and ex Bloody Bolt
  • Leap of Faith and ex Leap of Faith now steal life during Blood Sacrifice
  • 1212 is now less negative on block. Still punishable, but not by big starter normals anymore
  • Slightly decrease startup of B2 overhead
Rain
Reassign Rain's power budget to actually being a decent zoner (or at least a counter-zoner).
  • Notably lower startup of un-charged Water Beam and ex Water Beam
  • Water Beam is now a mid when fully charged
  • Ex Water Beam is now a mid
  • Lower startup of Upflow and ex Upflow
  • Water Shield now absorbs all projectiles for its duration
  • Slightly increase duration of Water Shield and ex Water Shield
  • Remove F3 kara cancel into grab
  • Increase block recovery on F32
  • Slightly decrease recovery of all Water Gates (summon, not teleport)
  • Slightly increase duration of all Water Gates
Sub-Zero
  • Don't know enough about him and have only fought 1. Only thought is revert to Beta version since that appears to be the consensus
Shang Tsung
  • Slightly increase damage scaling off ground skulls in old form
Reiko
Less projectile god, more brawler.
  • Reduce upward hitbox of Throwing Stars and ex Throwing Stars
  • Reduce block knockback of Throwing Stars and ex Throwing Stars
  • Slightly increase recovery of Throwing Stars and ex Throwing Stars
  • Decrease startup of F1
  • Slightly increase block recovery of F1
  • Notably increase damage of Pale Rider
  • Slightly increase damage of ex Pale Rider
  • Increase damage scaling of Pale Rider and ex Pale Rider
  • Slightly decrease startup of 2
  • Charging Pain can now be canceled immediately after startup
  • Notably lower cancel recovery of Charging Pain
New Unique Mechanic Ideas
  • Mileena: It's stressed constantly in the story that she goes more apeshit the more she battles so why isn't NRS leaning into that literally? Give her some unique passive involving the round timer or when she's lower on life.
  • Li Mei: Add more ways to interact with the Lantern via her normals, strings, and specials
  • General Shao: Allow Shao to plant/retrieve his axe off another 1-2 moves in his two stances
  • Liu Kang: Give him Venomous D'Vorah degens on hits that have flame effects. Maybe add some more normals in his strings with flame effects
  • Unsure what they could give Scorpion, Reptile, Kung Lao, or Sub-Zero as I have minimal experience as or against them
Kameo - Cyrax
  • Lowers your health
  • Increased recharge time on Copter
Kameo - Sonya
  • Increases your health
  • Lower recharge time on Square Wave
  • Decrease startup of Ring Toss
Kameo - Shujinko
  • Greatly increases your health
  • Increase charge speed
Kameo - Kung Lao
  • Hat Spin now knocks down when used as a reversal
  • Increase recharge time on Low Hat
Kameo - Jax
  • Lowers your health
  • Decrease startup on Arm Slice
Kameo - Sareena
  • Increase recharge time on Double Projectile
  • Increase meter degen from Rune
Kameo - Goro
  • Fix issues of Stomp not coming out
  • Notably decrease startup of Punchwalk
Kameo - Sub-Zero
  • Decrease startup of Cold Shoulder
  • No longer increases your health
  • Slightly increase duration of Ice Armor

Not going to go much into individual #s, just general ideas. For the bulk of the roster not included, I don't have enough experience with them to know any issues (positive or negative). Just chiming in on those I see often or play myself.

Universal Changes
  • Slightly increase buffer time for reversal inputs on block
  • Armored specials retain their armor slightly longer through their animation
  • Drastically decrease combo scaling from aerial punch normals on grounded opponents
  • Increase hurtboxes of characters during aerial kick normals
  • Add "Has an [X]-frame gap" to the Advanced View of strings
  • Increase combo scaling on all back throws
  • Add (or double down on existing) unique mechanics on each character (such as Baraka's chip damage debuff, Nitara's lifesteal, etc.)
Raiden
Just nerf him. His unique effect is fine enough as it is so no compensation.
  • Notably increase damage scaling off shocker and ex shocker
  • Drastically increase whiff recovery of electric fly on landing
  • Increase the charge time to hit phase 2 of his projectile (where it has 3 projectiles)
Baraka
Generic stuff, but also looking to have his unique ability more present.
  • Notably increase damage scaling off anti-air Stab Stab, Baraka Barrage, and ex Baraka Barrage
  • Lower range of B3
  • Decrease range and speed of backdash
  • Slightly increase startup of aerial Death Spin and ex Death Spin
  • Add the ability to amplify the ends of certain strings and his back grab to apply the chip damage debuff
Kenshi
There's likely more to do here, but being wary of going too ham. Mostly just some damage shaved off.
  • Lower max life
  • Increase damage scaling off Sento's overhead launch
  • Sheath now no longer finishes so long as the animation starts. Instead, the animation must be completely finished to sheath Sento
  • Increase startup of Sento stance B2 overhead
  • Slightly decrease chip damage from Sento
Johnny
Just nerf his ass. Give him Hype more often to compensate a little I guess.
  • Lower max life
  • Lower 11 block advantage from +3 to +1
  • Lower advancing distance of F3
  • F3 and F32 are now -6 and -5 on block respectively (from -5 and -4)
  • Hyper Meter now drains faster during Hype
  • Hyper Meter builds more meter from hits with specials
Kitana
Reassign Kitana's power budget to be more of an aerial character.
  • Increase damage scaling from Fan-Nado, especially when used multiple times in the same combo
  • Aerial Fan Toss now moves Kitana backwards slightly
  • Lower aerial Fan Toss recovery
  • Hitting an opponent with a projectile grants Kitana a Feather buff (can have a few, maybe up to 3). Kitana can consume a Feather buff to special cancel a special into an aerial special while airborne. Feathers cannot be gained by projectiles during a combo, only with a raw hit.
  • Reduce combo scaling from Square Wave (all versions)
  • Ex Square Wave now grants a Feather, even if used during a combo
Nitara
Double down on Nitara's unique aspects, especially her Blood Sacrifice and lifesteal.
  • Blood Sacrifice and ex Blood Sacrifice duration is increased when Nitara hits or is blocked by the opponent, up to a maximum bonus duration total
  • Blood Sacrifice and ex Blood Sacrifice life cost are removed when Nitara is under 150 life (does not vary as a % with health-altering kameos. Is always 150 life)
  • Bloody Bolt and ex Bloody Bolt no longer consume Blood Sacrifice
  • Decrease startup of Bloody Bolt and ex Bloody Bolt
  • Leap of Faith and ex Leap of Faith now steal life during Blood Sacrifice
  • 1212 is now less negative on block. Still punishable, but not by big starter normals anymore
  • Slightly decrease startup of B2 overhead
Rain
Reassign Rain's power budget to actually being a decent zoner (or at least a counter-zoner).
  • Notably lower startup of un-charged Water Beam and ex Water Beam
  • Water Beam is now a mid when fully charged
  • Ex Water Beam is now a mid
  • Lower startup of Upflow and ex Upflow
  • Water Shield now absorbs all projectiles for its duration
  • Slightly increase duration of Water Shield and ex Water Shield
  • Remove F3 kara cancel into grab
  • Increase block recovery on F32
  • Slightly decrease recovery of all Water Gates (summon, not teleport)
  • Slightly increase duration of all Water Gates
Sub-Zero
  • Don't know enough about him and have only fought 1. Only thought is revert to Beta version since that appears to be the consensus
Shang Tsung
  • Slightly increase damage scaling off ground skulls in old form
Reiko
Less projectile god, more brawler.
  • Reduce upward hitbox of Throwing Stars and ex Throwing Stars
  • Reduce block knockback of Throwing Stars and ex Throwing Stars
  • Slightly increase recovery of Throwing Stars and ex Throwing Stars
  • Decrease startup of F1
  • Slightly increase block recovery of F1
  • Notably increase damage of Pale Rider
  • Slightly increase damage of ex Pale Rider
  • Increase damage scaling of Pale Rider and ex Pale Rider
  • Slightly decrease startup of 2
  • Charging Pain can now be canceled immediately after startup
  • Notably lower cancel recovery of Charging Pain
New Unique Mechanic Ideas
  • Mileena: It's stressed constantly in the story that she goes more apeshit the more she battles so why isn't NRS leaning into that literally? Give her some unique passive involving the round timer or when she's lower on life.
  • Li Mei: Add more ways to interact with the Lantern via her normals, strings, and specials
  • General Shao: Allow Shao to plant/retrieve his axe off another 1-2 moves in his two stances
  • Liu Kang: Give him Venomous D'Vorah degens on hits that have flame effects. Maybe add some more normals in his strings with flame effects
  • Unsure what they could give Scorpion, Reptile, Kung Lao, or Sub-Zero as I have minimal experience as or against them
Kameo - Cyrax
  • Lowers your health
  • Increased recharge time on Copter
Kameo - Sonya
  • Increases your health
  • Lower recharge time on Square Wave
  • Decrease startup of Ring Toss
Kameo - Shujinko
  • Greatly increases your health
  • Increase charge speed
Kameo - Kung Lao
  • Hat Spin now knocks down when used as a reversal
  • Increase recharge time on Low Hat
Kameo - Jax
  • Lowers your health
  • Decrease startup on Arm Slice
Kameo - Sareena
  • Increase recharge time on Double Projectile
  • Increase meter degen from Rune
Kameo - Goro
  • Fix issues of Stomp not coming out
  • Notably decrease startup of Punchwalk
Kameo - Sub-Zero
  • Decrease startup of Cold Shoulder
  • No longer increases your health
  • Slightly increase duration of Ice Armor
F3 already has terrible distance lmao what are these changes.

Motaro doesnt cost health, his projectile only costs 1.5 bars not 2

Cyrax copter costs 2 bars

Sareena double blades costs 2 bars so can only be done once in a combo and single blade has purpose

Sub Zero clone lasts slightly longer and he does more damage

Smoke db2 is faster, tighten some of his string gaps

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
F3 already has terrible distance lmao what are these changes.
Nerfs like I said. Pretty self explanatory imo to tone down the autopilot monkey pressure character who can all but deactivate someone in the corner, has no issues closing the tiny screen gap in this game, easily ignores most zoning, and has insane combo power off every touch.

And if you're that mad about 1-2 frames on a couple moves and a slight advancing power reduction as the only changes, that's lowkey funny as fuck to me.

Nerfs like I said. Pretty self explanatory imo to tone down the autopilot monkey pressure character who can all but deactivate someone in the corner, has no issues closing the tiny screen gap in this game, easily ignores most zoning, and has insane combo power off every touch.

And if you're that mad about 1-2 frames on a couple moves and a slight advancing power reduction as the only changes, that's lowkey funny as fuck to me.
I never said anything about the frames, you getting whiff punished by f3 is even funnier. This is legit the worst f3 Johnnys ever had in terms of range lmao.