What's new

Buffs and Nerfs Wish List

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
“It’s too early, let it rock”
Yes, very much so. This is just for some fun, it’s always cool to go back and see what you thought of the game in its early days.

Anyways, post your buff/nerf wish list.

Here’s mine:

General:
Fix audio glitch where kameos interacting with armour will cause move effects to be muted

Fix glitch where ambush kameos will not activate if input on the same frame as an ex special move.

Add ability to pin strings/specials in training mode.

Add wifi filter for ranked mode

Add navigation map for invasion mode

Tinker with kombat league match-making to de-prioritise people that have recently played.

Add ability to create and join rooms in online play.

Add training mode in online play with friends.

Allow to wait in training mode while in KOTH or queuing up a match

Add ability to rewind when viewing match replays.

Allow mass purchasing with the shrine

Kameo adjustments:
Cyrax
-100 health

Jax
+0 health

Kung Lao
-50 health

Goro
Remove regen delay from back Kameo and neutral Kameo

Shujinko
+50 health
Increase throw damage to 130

Motaro
+0 health
Darrius
Decrease neutral Kameo (ambush Kameo) cool-down to 20s (from 25s)

Sonya
+50 health
Decrease neutral Kameo (ambush Kameo) cool-down to 8s (from 10s)

Base Roster:
Kitana:
Remove gap in b24 string

Rain:
Base health 1050
Enhanced water beam (ex bf1) hits mid

Smoke:
Remove gap in f32 string
Remove gap in f12 string

Sub zero:
Base health 1050
Remove standing frames in bf3 (slide)
Increase clone active frames to 90 (from 70)
Ex ice clone has 1 hit of armour
Remove gap in 122 string

Reptile:
Ex invisibility adds proximity damage (like mkx noxious reptile)
Remove gap in b31 string

Li Mei:
Remove gap in 124 string

Kenshi:
Base health 950

Baraka:
Base health 950

General Shao:
Increase allowable axe-less time to 10s (from 5s)

Raiden:
Base health 950

Johnny Cage:
Base health 950

Ashrah:
Base health 950

Nitara:
Base health 950
When blood sacrifice (df4) is active, nitara can air dash off normals and multiple times in combos/in the air without meter cost

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Cyrax in line with Goro, less hp, more cool down.

Actual Rooms to find matches

Matchmaking via training mode

Improved Kombat Profile. Legit has my mains as Kung Lao/Sareena, and I never played these fuggs in my life.

Bigger breasts on all the chicks, I can't f3 to this shiet

Ability to silence all mics without having to create a damn party. I'm not playing an FPS, I don't wish to hear my foe or his mother yell "dinner's ready."

Mass shrine purchasing

Additional music and announcers

Buzzing and need a beer STAT

Last edited:

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'll only speak on my character
essentials:
  • remove gap in 122
  • ice klone back to beta version: 2.5 sec cooldown (down from 3.5), 1.5 second duration (up from 1.167)
  • ex clone should be only 1 bar and have much reduced recovery or it stays as is but with armor like OP says
if the top tiers aren't touched:
  • F1 back down to 12 frames from 15 frames (once again, the beta version)
  • remove standing frames from slide like OP says
  • better freeze duration on ice ball

Then obviously all of the QOL shit that we should already have.

Fix the Reptile force ball interaction with klone punch

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Gonna stick to characters or Kameos only.

Nerfs- Baraka and Raiden need damage nerfs, unless the majority of the cast needs damage buffs. If they can get 50% while having six brain cells total to execute then something is off. Monster damage for infant-level execution has always been a pet peeve of mine so I might be bias.

Nerfs- Kenshi and Johnny, but I wouldn't nerf too hard at all. Just some tuning a bit.

Nerfs- Cyrax. No need to elaborate.

Buffs- Sub-Zero and Rain. They're playing another game while others are playing MK1.

Buffs- Give me a reason to select Motaro

Buffs/Nerfs- Kameo cooldown all around. Speaking of Motaro, his 3 shot costs a full Kameo, but Cyrax can multi-purpose chopper for half a Kameo? Lao Hat is back in full by the time your combo ended but Goro combo toss is still regenerating since last Tuesday? Some of the cooldowns are way off compared to their utility.

Anything else I'm pretty much in the "let it play out longer" boat.

Well almost anything else...

#BUFFSINDEL

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Other than Cyrax, I'll just speak for the characters I play:

Cyrax - Helicopter should cost a full kameo meter so it can only be done once in a block string

Darrius: Neutral Kameo should only cost half a bar (why yes, I do play Reiko. How could you tell?)

Frost - Remove/Reduce scaling when Ground Freeze is done mid combo

Mileena - specials should be plus on block instead of negative, better tracking on teleports, low sai and/or regular sai should go full screen

Ashrah - I think she's already really good, but something needs to be tweaked to make Dark Stance worthwhile

Reiko - I wish he had some tic throws

Allow to wait in training mode while in KOTH or queuing up a match
Definitely needs something, even just being able to look through your profile and change your kombat card pic... Anything but having only a pretty picture to look at.

Although at least there's that... it's better than just a loading circle like MK11.

miti_mumway

Casual Lab Monster
Kameos: Sonya reversal leg grab should launch instead of knocking down. Strange how KamLao gets to launch off reversal spin, I suspect that will get nerfed instead of Sonya being buffed.

Regarding main characters I just want Johnny to lose some plus frames. Raiden/Baraka maybe need more scaling but otherwise I like fighting them.

Selfishly, for Kung Lao, I want 44 string input changed to 43, because standing 4 is useful in juggles but sometimes I accidentally get 44. Skill issue I know.

On Sub:
Tom posted a vid today on his changes and I mostly agree with it. Get rid of the gaps in the first 2 hits of his strings, get rid of standing frames on slide, lower clone cd, no need for his 3rd hit low to be death on block, etc.

Freeze duration on ice ball is a big one to me because that's THE sub thing? We've finally got a game where scorp can combo off spear without any meter or nonsense, and sub isn't allowed to get a real combo from an ice ball trade?

Overall, i'm hoping that in beta they founds something dumb, over reacted, and have him near the top of the list to work on, because as it stands sub just feels out of place.

As for the rest:

Absolutely should do:
Buffs for the other cast members who are struggling. I haven't had time to really look into much. I know people claim smoke/reptile/rain all need help (although I've sure seen some impressive showings with them) or that some moves like ashara's dark stance or rain portal connect aren't really worth it. Whatever it is, the game is pretty healthy out of the gate which is a miracle for any fighting game but ESPECIALLY an NRS title, so lets get the weak characters/kameo's up rather than just break everyone's legs into mediocrity.

Probably should do to help kameo variety:
Either lao hat a slight CD nerf or a slight cd buff on similar moves (kano ball for example). Feels a little silly how spamable and multipurpose lao hat is when compared to similar options, and it's not like lao is a one trick pony.
Some light nerf to cyrax blades to encourage more experimentation with bomb setups rather than just using all meter for blades. Maybe just cd, perhaps have it take 2 bars, not sure.

Not needed but wouldn't hurt:
Small duration nerf to sento stance so that tagging the summon affects him more. Or just make the summon recover longer when hit.
Something to stop raiden runaway fly being too good. It's not a healthy thing to have be viable.

And i feel like that's it. I'm not totally for nerfing baraka/raiden/johnny damage yet simply because I think they'll get a little worse as people get better. Flawless block is going to make their chip game weaker, and I'm fine with letting some characters be damage monsters. If there's a real problem, it's cyrax, not them, and that can be handled through the kameo itself.

The Ultimate

aka CommandThrower
I only want Cyrax to get a cooldown nerf on copter assist, and I say this as a Baraka player. Copter assist is too strong for its current cooldown. Needs to be 20 seconds at least, like Goro RTR. Make him reduce the player's health as well if necessary.

Otherwise, one thing I do hope to see which isn't a buff per se, but I want the cast to get new moves over the course of the game's life. I want to see new strings, mainly. Give each character like 1-2 new string, or new extensions off existing normals/strings.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Tanya:

When going from buff charge 1 to 2, the timer resets.

Buff increases damage on all special moves slightly.

Buff gives her access to an air teleport.

Final hit of 122 hits overhead.

Ability to charge straight projectile.

Most of the cast doesn't need to be touched yet. Most kameo adjustments can be to health bonus/penalty

Make the term "Sub Zero" not ironically reference all his frame data

Give Nitara a real voice actress

More damage scaling for Raiden

More damage scaling on Kenshi hits with Sento

Fix Cyrax and Baraka will be fine

Johnny double cancels should cause additional star meter drain.

Shujinko stolen moves should not cost the entire kameo meter.

And of course, continue to ignore Havik and Ashrah. They're fine. Nothing to see here