What's new

Buffs and Nerfs Wish List

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
They also nerfed Scorpion for some ungodly reason. So far, I have found that they nerfed his air combo juggle, j12. It hits them out much further making certain combos that were possible, now impossible. They also seemed to have made his EX Teleport have slower startup, or at least changed it in some way. Hard to say without comparing everything side by side. Have absolutely no clue why they even touch Scorpion unless they were buffing him or something. This is exactly what causes people to drop your games NRS… smh

EX Invis kicks in faster than pre-patch, but now meterless Invis kicks in slower than pre-patch.
It also lasts about twice as long as meterless. Kind of stoked to try out the EX version and not need crazy amounts of setup to get it going.

No idea what the vanilla one is for though lol. I suppose you can condition people to get aggressive when they think they need to kick you out of an EX invis quickly?

I don't believe NRS changed the actual cooldown of horizontal spin(or vertical spin, for that matter). Watched a vid of the new Cyrax change, and it takes 12 seconds for the bar to fill to half once you use the 100% cost horizontal spin, so the cooldown of the move has effectively changed to 24 seconds, which is a little longer than Goro RTR. Vertical copter still takes 50% of the kameo bar, which I felt should have stayed, as it's just a combo extender.

If the cooldown of horizontal copter had changed to just 20-24 seconds, but it was still 50% bar, you'd still have access to two uses of it before your meter emptied. I feel this change is a better change, as it now forces the player to play smarter and actually manage the resource.
The problem I have with it is the fact it ruins tons of characters gameplan who needed Kameos to be very strong like Rain setups in corner.
Since forward Chopper takes entire Kameo meter I can't use 1 Kameo to pressure then use up chopper for my corner combo setup.
I haven't downloaded it yet but I'm gonna test and see what all has been nerfed.
I would have rather they left the move alone and reduced the chip by 50-70%.
Because nerfing actual functionality of Kameos and Characters is the slow road to water down the entire cast. Most of the Kameos have very strong dirt. So other characters will replace Cyrax and Lao is still strong just won't be used as Zoning counter on characters with bad zoning tools. But still has reversal spin that gives you complete invulnerability with launch to blow up gaps and steal turns. Still gives HTB setups.

I think the next Top Tier Kameos will be Lao, Stryker, Goro, Jax

Last edited:
The problem I have with it is the fact it ruins tons of characters gameplan
Still needed to happen. If the only way to play the game is to pick cyrax, that sucks. I'm not thrilled there weren't some buffs to offset it for characters, like rain, who might struggle with weaker cyrax, but it's not a reason to just leave him as the monster he was.

Still needed to happen. If the only way to play the game is to pick cyrax, that sucks. I'm not thrilled there weren't some buffs to offset it for characters, like rain, who might struggle with weaker cyrax, but it's not a reason to just leave him as the monster he was.
They way Sonic played him was essentially doing -6 on block strings that's reactable into armor to steal turn converting for a whooping 20%
Hardly call him a monster.
I called him A+ since day one but S Tier is definitely not the case. Rain has so many problems compared to S Tiers that have everything without Kameo. Rain has slowest projectiles, reactable 50/50's and a gapped Armor move that's punishable, a mid with range anxiety, portal Glitches and a horribly 100+ frame punishable teleport from start to finish. Sonic converted off Armor on his -6 strings for 20% like 95% of ECT and used Raiden for most of the tournament.
BTW Sonic messed up corner HTB setup every time in ECT

What I'm saying is instead of nerfing the way they did and effecting several characters. Why not add Regen to the forward Chopper so all those challenged characters can use 1 forward Chopper and 1 up chopper back to back then wait a while to do any Cyrax again. They could have reduced the chip by 50% as well.

BTW I don't think Rain is bad and never have said that. I've had him in A/A+ since the beginning when all the top players had him bottom 5. People should remember he was Bottom 5 before Sonic used Cyrax with him.
Everything he did the top tiers did for far more damage and he never had true unreactable 50/50's into 50% like Raiden.

Last edited:
It also lasts about twice as long as meterless. Kind of stoked to try out the EX version and not need crazy amounts of setup to get it going.

No idea what the vanilla one is for though lol. I suppose you can condition people to get aggressive when they think they need to kick you out of an EX invis quickly?
What version of the game do you all have?
Reptiles meterless Invisibility is 55 frame startup and invisible 6 seconds after becoming completely invisible.
Metered version is 55 frame startup and stays invisible 1 second longer.
No armor, no startup protection.
I'm not seeing much of a difference on my version

Ok nevermind there is a difference and Honeybee's video explains it well.

Last edited:
I was talking about cyrax, not rain. He was too good across too many characters.
My bad, I agree, I wanted them to just reduce Regen and chip. Would of done much more.
BTW Rain got a damage nerf using Cyrax with water beam cancels
A 40% combo is now 36%

And his portal Glitches are still there:

But he still has good damage with Stryker grenades + Water Beam Cancel Kombos:
But you can't mix with 211