What's new

BREAKING: Erron Black (and others) supposedly Leaked on Reddit

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I remember one of the leakers saying that Frost plays more like a cyborg (I think they mentioned Cyber Smoke). @SinkFla is this another "Kollector is a cyborg" moment? Her arms in the story trailer don't exactly look human.
I think there is some truth to this. She certainly looks to have some type of cybernetic aesthetic from what very little we have seen. I do not think she will be full blown robot like Sektor or Cyrax but she will be much more sci-fi based than ninja based.

I think there is some truth to this. She certainly looks to have some type of cybernetic aesthetic from what very little we have seen. I do not think she will be full blown robot like Sektor or Cyrax but she will be much more sci-fi based than ninja based.
i think they're going to take her the Kabal root. I think this is the Frost from the original timeline and after she was unfrozen she probably needed some cybernetics to live.

SinkFla

Noob
I remember one of the leakers saying that Frost plays more like a cyborg (I think they mentioned Cyber Smoke). @SinkFla is this another "Kollector is a cyborg" moment? Her arms in the story trailer don't exactly look human.
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure lol. Unless I've had something corroborated by multiple sources I try not to put too much stock in it anymore. There might be some truth to it, but I've also heard her described as a "construct of Kronika". I have a feeling the truth is somewhere between the two.

I'm 100% that the base roster is 25, including Shao Kahn, and people are setting themselves up for massive disappointment.

Mileena fans on gamefaqs are already talking about her move list and skins like she's already confirmed. It's going to be frustrating to see them blame NRS for their own naivety.
But then how do you explain the leaked select screen?? It had Jacqui, before she was revealed, as well as many others...in the same attire as their story trailer reveals that happened the next day. That select screen had 34 slots....clearly it's wishful thinking that those are all base, but taking out the 6 DLC slots and you still have 28 spots on the base roster.

Prima Italia

Italia per sempre
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure lol. Unless I've had something corroborated by multiple sources I try not to put too much stock in it anymore. There might be some truth to it, but I've also heard her described as a "construct of Kronika". I have a feeling the truth is somewhere between the two.
We saw Frost in MKX and she looked normal. She was not a cyborg and did not look like a construct either. I have doubts.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I think it's absolutely amazing what they did with Frost, she being one of the favorite helpers of Kronika is pretty much a honor status.

I just hope she has her hair in some of her models though, I don't like the bald thing on her.

But I do like her story direction.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
I'm now thinking about Jax's inclusion. If the roster image leak is from an early build and we still haven't got any other proof that he is in, maybe... just maybe... he got cut at the very end and will not appear at all? What a perfect scenario that would be...
Inb4 he is in, live with that fact

I'm now thinking about Jax's inclusion. If the roster image leak is from an early build and we still haven't got any other proof that he is in, maybe... just maybe... he got cut at the very end and will not appear at all? What a perfect scenario that would be...
In the last Kombat kast they said it takes almost half a year to fully develop a fatality.. to build an entire characters probably year/s. I dont think they're going to scrap someone that they put that much work into

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Yes, you are absolutely right, but all we saw is just a 'JAX' word over the silhouette without any character model etc. So maybe it was just an idea (like with the bigger roster size at that point) and then they start to cut things to fit the timeline.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
We saw Frost in MKX and she looked normal. She was not a cyborg and did not look like a construct either. I have doubts.
Reptile is a whole different creature each game so that logic is dead.

Frost can change too. We have no idea what they’ve done to her.

Reactions: Zev
My problem is that even if I see ""TROPHY_ID_PERFORM_2_DIFFERENT_FATALITIES_WITH_SHA"...... it might just be Shao Kahn.
NRS' DLC characters typically don't get trophies until the complete edition.

But then how do you explain the leaked select screen?? It had Jacqui, before she was revealed, as well as many others...in the same attire as their story trailer reveals that happened the next day. That select screen had 34 slots....clearly it's wishful thinking that those are all base, but taking out the 6 DLC slots and you still have 28 spots on the base roster.
It's possible 28 characters were planned at one point, but the total amount was cut down. It's also possible, even if 28 is still final, Mileena/Shinnok aren't among them. There's no proof of their existence beyond a random person's word. Lots of people have the misconception that the leak proved that guy's list right, when the fact of the matter is that the image came first (it's been circulating since January, apparently) and that guy probably saw it and made up 3 characters for the empty spaces.

Reactions: Zev

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
someone claims this is a leak but to me it looks more fan created...

Leak or fan art?

100% fan created. Her body is angled in EXACTLY the same way as that picture. The only different is the left arm (her right) which they just made a horizontal flip of the right arm (her left). You can even see the same green tint on the right side of the art.

And since when does artwork match in-game costumes that well anyway? Cassie and Kano aren't a perfect match to their "Local" costumes.

Cassie Cyrus

Stop, just stop! Don't give me hope please! :-p

We've seen stuff for ALL other characters... Spare for Jax, which gives me hope he's cut or wrong in that little roster. It just doesn't make sense to be so damn mysterious about Jax in the first place...

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Honestly, Jax was supposed to be replaced by Jacqui, the point of the Kombat kids tbh

Out of the leak so far, im incredibly skeptic on Jax and Shinnok in this game for base roster tbh, cause there has been no hints towards them really, and shinnok was shown in the tower as a modifier, along with our boy (Jobber) Reptile and Cyrax.

Cassie Cyrus

It makes sense for Jax to be OUT of this game, he wanted to have a peaceful farmers life (good reason to quit) and he didn't have a big importance in the MK9 storyline, so Kronika doesn't have a reason to bring him back at all or to revisit his storyline, he could just be a NPC.

D

Deleted member 59910

It makes sense for Jax to be OUT of this game, he wanted to have a peaceful farmers life (good reason to quit) and he didn't have a big importance in the MK9 storyline, so Kronika doesn't have a reason to bring him back at all or to revisit his storyline, he could just be a NPC.
People ignoring the leak is so hilarious! Lol

Cassie Cyrus

How am I ignoring the leak in that particular post? I just said it would make sense to leave him out, but Ed Boon seldom makes sense.

Lun

proud TERF!
Jax is waayyy better than Jacqui. Just like Johnny is waayyy better than Cassie. I kinda hope nobody plays Jacqui in MK11 and she doesn't return in other games.

If they want to add more female characters I'm very happy. But make them their own characters, not genderbent and blander versions of existing male characters..... what is this, Marvel/DC?

Cassie Cyrus

Jax is waayyy better than Jacqui. Just like Johnny is waayyy better than Cassie. I kinda hope nobody plays Jacqui in MK11 and she doesn't return in other games.

If they want to add more female characters I'm very happy. But make them their own characters, not genderbent and blander versions of existing male characters..... what is this, Marvel/DC?
I agree with you, BUT Jacqui is in the game, they ain't gonna remove her anymore, so now I'm really rooting they don't add daddy as well. Rather see Shang, Mil or Rainy.