What's new

BREAKING: Erron Black (and others) supposedly Leaked on Reddit

It makes sense for Jax to be OUT of this game, he wanted to have a peaceful farmers life (good reason to quit) and he didn't have a big importance in the MK9 storyline, so Kronika doesn't have a reason to bring him back at all or to revisit his storyline, he could just be a NPC.
Story isn't always the end all for roster selection. Jax is popular enough to make it in nonetheless, just like Kitana and Kung Lao last time. I take it your real issue is that there is too much SF presence, and that's something I agree with to an extent, but Jax is not a good target for that because he would get into the game regardless of SF role in the story. He's absolutely a staple on the level of Raiden and Liu Kang and I reckon people should stop pretending he isn't to save themselves a lot of grief every time a new MK rolls around.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I don’t understand how Jax should be in the game and is more classic than Reptile and Mileena.

If I hear mortal kombat, those two are far more classic than Jax....

I don’t understand how Jax should be in the game and is more classic than Reptile and Mileena.

If I hear mortal kombat, those two are far more classic than Jax....
And that's weirdly out of touch to say, even though many on online forums are echoing your thoughts, considering
  • He's been in every mainline title since his debut (except Deception - but many staples missed that one - and he was squeezed into the Unchained edition, over the likes of Johnny, Sonya, Reptile and Kung Lao mind you). And while he isn't part of the MK1 original 7, he was originally planned to be. That may play into NRS' preconception of the character.
  • He's always been a hugely popular character online (top 10 in both MK9 and MKX, I believe).
No doubt you've heard all this spouted before, but it's the cold hard reality many seem to ignore. Unless we get another Deception-esque roster that drops the majority of MK1/MK2 vets, which most likely won't be happening in the foreseeable future, Jax will be there to gotcha fools.

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
Even though people dislike Kano because he's white, and defend Jax because he's black, I like Jax too. He's been cool. I especially liked him in MK9, he was cool in MKX too. MK2 Jax was appealing as well, I loved those half-circle energy waves! He was lame in the 3D games though!

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Even though people dislike Kano because he's white, and defend Jax because he's black, I like Jax too. He's been cool. I especially liked him in MK9, he was cool in MKX too. MK2 Jax was appealing as well, I loved those half-circle energy waves! He was lame in the 3D games though!
This reach was longer than the last hour of work. Log out for the rest of the day

Ghost of The Moon

One with the air.
Erron Black's design has looked like shit here and in MKX. They could've done a lot better.

Also, we need that Kabal "Screaming Your Soul Out" fatality back. One of the best!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Hopefully Erron and Jacqui. Those two seemed to be the most teased in the story trailer gameplay wise. Really hoping Erron pays homage to Stryker in some way with his customs move(s).
I can’t wait to see what they’ve done with these 2 characters.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Well here's a question for you, and I mean this sincerely. What was the upside to showing the story trailer + revealing Cassie/Kotal/Erron/Jacqui/Cetrion/Frost + showing Kano and Cassie trailer and gameplay + showing Johnny/Kano/Cassie customization ALL ON THE SAME DAY?

We had an entire week where we had nothing but Mobile Stream. Why not show Kano that week, and Cassie this week? What did they win by it? All they got was a ton of extra bitching, while losing out on a week's worth of character reveal hype. They released so much footage yesterday that people will inevitably miss out on some because there's too much to sift through. They're not winning views by doing this, they're losing them.

Forget fan entitlement. I'm just trying to understand the marketing strategy, because it seems objectively poorer than other options they had available to them.
You have to realize, this is all planned much farther in advance than you think. They’re not gonna just break schedule because of an unplanned leak.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
You have to realize, this is all planned much farther in advance than you think. They’re not gonna just break schedule because of an unplanned leak.
I'm ignoring the leaks completely. I don't understand the logic in having a week where nothing except Mobile stream happens, and then two weeks later a story trailer + 4 official character reveals + a ton of other character reveals + all the gear/gameplay showcases from players visiting NRS. I see zero logic here. At the very minimum, they could have released a separate Kano trailer or a separate Cassie trailer during mobile stream week, say through IGN again, and ridden that hype for a whole extra week free.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I'm now thinking about Jax's inclusion. If the roster image leak is from an early build and we still haven't got any other proof that he is in, maybe... just maybe... he got cut at the very end and will not appear at all? What a perfect scenario that would be...
Inb4 he is in, live with that fact
You mean like... Johnny Cage’s picture on that very same screen? Or Kitana? Or Noob? All those characters we’ve seen in-game models of?