What's new

Bottom 5 Character Project

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Kano just seems so average to me.

Average zoning tools. Average offense. Average footsies. Average mixups. Nothing ridiculous.. Don't see why he would be anywhere but low-mid at best.

I don't think he's necessarily bottom, but I can understand why a lot of people are not impressed by that character as a whole.
Knives and Balls are bad zoning tools?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
I don't know, either I'm amazing at timing jump punches to beat anti-airs or there is something about Scorp's jp that is better than others.

Why do people put Kano in the bottom 5? Whats wrong with him?
Moreso that there's too many characters that are good in this game. I don't think he has horrible matchups overall, but he is certainly not overwhelming in matchups, either.

Also, before people rag on Jade's damage...remember Jax? Outside of GP combos and his corner damage, how hard does Jax hit? Not very hard at all. Jade is REALLY underrated, and I wouldn't put her below low-mid at the absolute worst.

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Yeah but Jax has great pressure strings and corner combos. Things Jade lacks.
She has no F4 equivalent. You can't win off of nothing...what's she going to do? All her decent block strings require meter. Jax only needs meter to get in against zoners with his Lunch Punch.
Kitana's a butterface. Jade too.
Oddly enough Mileena isn't. She got to be Kitana's better looking sister. Shang Tsung fixed one of Kitana's two imperfections. Thank you Shang!

My bottom one.
1. Jade

Everyone else just seems good enough to me.
Why do people put Kano in the bottom 5? Whats wrong with him?
What's wrong with them is more like it...
Maybe they don't know that his knives do 9% damage and can be thrown as fast as Mileena's instant air sais?

Maybe they don't know his Up Ball has as much AA priority as Kung Lao's spin, and if you get teleported on while throwing a knife, the game gives you Up Ball for free.
Maybe they didn't realize all that, plus Kano gets to be a breaker monster, and if he lands his X-ray on you he's basically guaranteed to win.

IMHO Kano is the most brainless, easiest to play character in the game.
Even his BNB combos are super easy to learn while you're playing as him. No need for training mode. That's an easy character...he also has a decent-ish, basically true 50/50.

RiverHB

Noob
Is Jade's problem lack of damaging BnBs or lack of opportunities to land damaging BnBs? She has easy 30-36% meterless combos but IMO a difficult time landing them in an actual match. Jax can hit you from anywhere and reverse his fortune with good armored moves, so high midscreen damage would be overkill. What are everyone's thoughts?

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
U3 was one of her only good non meter pressure tools, and she lost it.
14% off of an AA jump punch is pathetic.
18% off of the deep jump kick is also pathetic.

She doesn't have anything that leads into reset situations.
Apart from that weird standing 3 thing, but that seems to be a glitch and is extremely hard to do. I can't even do it.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Sub-Zero bottom five? lol nonsense. :p
Says the guy with Sub as his Avatar. ^_^

@Pimp, what can Kano do that you can't punish on reaction from footsies range? Nobody is going to try to zone Kano from full screen or 3/4 screen, that's stupid. Up ball is 100% punishable by everyone in the game.

Also, Noob is the second worst character in the game... he may be worse than Jade actually. If people only knew how to fight him they would see.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Says the guy with Sub as his Avatar. ^_^

@Pimp, what can Kano do that you can't punish on reaction from footsies range? Nobody is going to try to zone Kano from full screen or 3/4 screen, that's stupid. Up ball is 100% punishable by everyone in the game.

Also, Noob is the second worst character in the game... he may be worse than Jade actually. If people only knew how to fight him they would see.
Hence the ":p" face. haha

I think what sucks about Kano is... you can't block and attack him at the same time! lmao ... that upball... I hate it.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
The up ball isn't even that good anymore. I hate the start up on it. I don't mind that it's easily punished now but I hated when they added more start up frames to it :/
I use to love being able to stop people from up close pressure.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

THTB

Knives do 9%, but there's too much anti-projectile shit floating around in this game. I think his gameplan just isn't cheap enough now. There's only a few characters that actually get blown up by Kano.

LEGEND

YES!
Moreso that there's too many characters that are good in this game. I don't think he has horrible matchups overall, but he is certainly not overwhelming in matchups, either.

Also, before people rag on Jade's damage...remember Jax? Outside of GP combos and his corner damage, how hard does Jax hit? Not very hard at all. Jade is REALLY underrated, and I wouldn't put her below low-mid at the absolute worst.
best post so far

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
i dont think there is such a thing as bottom 5 in this game
TY! thats what i was tryin to say....the last 5 chars in the list are WORST CASE SCENARIO a C grade tier!
mostly all of the characters in the game a really well balanced due to the idea of counter picking , thus making them all viable in most cases.

for example, lets say ur in a class of 25 people. 20 Got A's and B's, and the last 5 people got B- (B minus).
when u look at the grade as a stand alone...B - means B. which is above average and on the way to perfection range (starting 80% and up) .
Now compare those 5 people to the rest of the class. those 5, well be considered the lowest grade between the majority...and thus the others can be better than them , thats for sure BECAUSE OF THE GRADE/ RANK they received.

What people are doing in here is this >> they look at the lowest grades and highest, and differentiate STEEPLY. by means, the lowest grade SUCKS because they are the lowest grades between 25 people. thus they are not that good. or else, why do they receive a grade or rank?

which is a whole in correct concept.

so far, i didnt see a SINGLE useless character in the game....period! this is a fighting game Basic! it might varies form a game to game. but from what i see in mortal kombat, really Every character can be viable to use DIFFENATLY! especially because MK does have a very wide bracket when it comes to counter picking. a lot of anti whome in this game

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
u think noob is worst character in the game. surely u jest? Noob has way more tools and what not then jade and stryker.
I never said that my friend :)...nor never well
dont put words in my mouse! lol

best in this list means the best of them all (of whom i mentioned) ...not best as the worst.
"Noob best this list followed by Jade and sheeva in my opinion."

HITOSHOORAA!! :p...keed

Fix: hitoshura

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Kano just seems so average to me.

Average zoning tools. Average offense. Average footsies. Average mixups. Nothing ridiculous.. Don't see why he would be anywhere but low-mid at best.

I don't think he's necessarily bottom, but I can understand why a lot of people are not impressed by that character as a whole.
This.

Kano started getting bad when NRS started messing with knife toss and up ball. I would make the claim that Kano was never better than a mid tier character in this game with the exception being when he had the fairly safe 7F up ball and old recovery on knife toss.

THTB

TY! thats what i was tryin to say....the last 5 chars in the list are WORST CASE SCENARIO a C grade tier!
Yeah, even if the characters are bottom 5, I don't think they're that much worse than the characters just above them that they deserve their own tier. It's pretty much Top, Middle, and Bottom for the tiers.

xxteefxx

Kenshi Moderator
Yeah, even if the characters are bottom 5, I don't think they're that much worse than the characters just above them that they deserve their own tier. It's pretty much Top, Middle, and Bottom for the tiers.
never failed me at any of your post man...not once!
Respect :)

PimpUigi

Sex Kick
Yeah, there's pretty much just three tiers in this game. I agree.
Very balanced.

Certainly no god tier.
Just top, high, and mid/low.

IMHO Jade is the only one in low.

Mt. Mutombo

Asshole by nature
Jade, Sindel, CSZ, Sub, NW

Left out baraka just cause he's a walking AA, and if you're lucky enough he brings some big time damage and he's not too shabby on the corner.

Stryker still sucks but he feels very awkward to fight against, still predictable though.

Was gonna put noob, but his corner pressure is too good.

Sheevas only tool is her damage, plain and simple. She sucks at every other thing... but still i think that my bottom 5 are def the worst 5 in the game.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Still don't see why Kano is bottom 5. If he has no bad match-ups how can he be bottom 5? His knife toss is one of the best projectiles in the game so he can zone pretty decently against most character. His mid range game is decent with his f3 and he's got a good pressure game when he's in. Throw in a good x-ray, reliable anti-air, good throw, a good 50/50 that most characters don't have, and good wake-up attack and I fail to see how he falls in the bottom 5. He has no weakness.

I can list glaring weaknesses for Jade, Baraka, Nightwolf, Striker and the Sub Zero's. They clearly deserve to be near the bottom in my eyes.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Still don't see why Kano is bottom 5. If he has no bad match-ups how can he be bottom 5? His knife toss is one of the best projectiles in the game so he can zone pretty decently against most character. His mid range game is decent with his f3 and he's got a good pressure game when he's in. Throw in a good x-ray, reliable anti-air, good throw, a good 50/50 that most characters don't have, and good wake-up attack and I fail to see how he falls in the bottom 5. He has no weakness.

I can list glaring weaknesses for Jade, Baraka, Nightwolf, Striker and the Sub Zero's. They clearly deserve to be near the bottom in my eyes.
Sub Zero owns Kano.... just saying. But I Agree with what you say. He is the Jack-of-all-trades character. People don't like learning to adapt. A good Kano will really piss people off, because he can adapt on the fly to how you are playing.