What's new

Bottom 5 Character Project

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Hey guys I know Im starting WW3 here by doing this but i think we could create a lot of good converation off this subject as well.

Here's mine to start us off

In no way am i saying these characters are NOT tournament viable but SOMEONE has to be bottom 5 and IMO these are the bottom 5.

Ill update as we go

Pig Of The Hut:

1. Jade
2. Kano (Bring it Tom Brady)
3. Baraka
4. Sheeva
5. Sub Zero

UPDATED 1-19-12

Jade - 83
Stryker -61
Sheeva - 59
Baraka - 48

Sindel - 43 (You guys are in for a RUDE awakening on this one, i promise)

Sub Zero - 31
Cyber Sub Zero - 29
Noob - 25
Nightwolf - 20
Kano - 17
Ermac - 13
Quan Chi - 9
Skarlet - 7
Rain - 3
Reptile - 1
Cage - 1
Scorpion -1
Sektor - 1

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Deciding on a bottom 5 is way harder than a top 5 imo.

1. Jade
2. Stryker

and then uh... well shit, I have no idea.

gdf

Noob
I'm predicting page #3 being the blow up. With at least 2 pages of nice conversation.
That said, I think the major qualifications should be the following:
Specials that Zone
Specials that Pressure
Specials that Counter Pressure
Normals should come into play after the specials are expended, and should be the smaller details looked at. Considering everyone has a d+1, d+4, JIP, and JIK. Which serve as the Normal move variant to these specials.
If anyone thinks I need adjustments, or I'm flat-out wrong. Don't beat around the bush and waste my time.

If you honestly think about it, pretty much every character that was in Shang Tsung's/Shao Kahn's goon squad in the storyline is pretty much ass in the actual game. So since you want a definitve answer, it's --->

Jade, Baraka, Human Sub Zero, Sindel and Cyber Sub Zero

In before massive flame war.

I'm disheartened to see my boy Baraka in a lot of these early lists, but I guess I see why someone would say that, and like Pig of the Hut said someone has to be bottom 5. It's not really a matter of if he's a good character, it's a matter of if there aren't 26 characters who are better, and I'm not sure there aren't. I'd have to think about it. Don't really got time to think up my own list right now but I'll probably post one at some point.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
please edit your post and defiitely pick only one cause right now you have 7 listed....

come on man ........

OmegaK same thing goes for u, GIVE ME 5, i know its hard but DO IT lol
As you wish.

(list changed)

I dont even think Stryker is a bad character, this game is amazingly well balanced atm IMO.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
5) Sindel
4) Sheeva
3) Ermac
2) Stryker
1) Jade

bottom 5 are still good characters just most of cast are better than them. Jade on the other hand...lol

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Baraka
Sub-Zero
Kano
Jade
Stryker

NPO. This was real hard.

Espio

Kokomo
Non-pro players can contribute? Just curious.

1. Jade
2. Sindel
3. Nightwolf
4. Baraka
5. Stryker

These characters are still quality, but there sadly has to be a bottom five, hard to choose.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
NPO

Jade
Sheeva
Stryker
Noob
Quan Chi

I'm biased about Sindel because I've seen the stupid shit Mr.Mileena can do with her, I don't think she's nearly as limited as the rest of these characters. Baraka isn't as limited either imo.

lol Kano and Sub bottom 5.

That list is full of win. :D

1. Jade
2. Sindel
3. Stryker
4. Baraka
5. Ermac

I think Baraka is good but in the end he just comes out as a watered down version of Jax, Johnny Cage and Sonya imo.

Sheeva is gonna surprise some people at EVO. :)

halfeaten

Fully Composed
Lol, this is much more difficult than top 5.
Let's see:

1. Jade
2. Sindel
3. Noob
4. Stryker
5. Sub Zero

Kano IMO is a solid mid-tier character. Just waiting for I$AAC to showcase him at a major. :)

RiverHB

Noob
1. Jade
2. Stryker
3. Sheeva
4. Sub Zero
5. Cyber Sub Zero

If I could count Kratos he'd be on here as well because I think his normals are among the shittiest in the game.