What's new

General/Other - Bojutsu Bojutsu Kung Jin After-Patch Damage Report (5/14/2015)

You know it's very possible that they were actually fixing the scaling and not "trying to cover anything up." I never played kung jin or even tested him so idk, but with raiden a combo that did 16% by itself still added on the same amount after shocker. The move literally just didn't scale.

Last edited:

Desperdicio

Tell me, do you bleed?
You know it's very possible that they were just fixing the scaling and not "trying to cover anything up." I never played kung jin or even tested him so idk, but with raiden a combo that did 16% by itself still added on the same amount after shocker. The move literally just didn't scale.
A lot of people checked the frame data, and it has changed. For what I hear, a huge part of the roster, if not all of it, got some frame changes.

KJ's ability to hit confirm off of anything, his armored move that negates your ability to press buttons, his godlike nj that will hit you anywhere on the screen into 30%+...
so his overhead is now what -8? thats like almost unsafe :confused:. you will still get away with it most of the time.

All the Kung Jin mains be like:

you can now all hop aboard the downplay train, because Kung Jin is FINE!

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
1 - Can you not block low and fuzzy his overhead?
2 - It has nothing to do with "getting into your head". I've told people since day 1 to block low vs Kung Jin and react to his overhead. Why should I have to get into your head anyways when Erron Black, Sonya, and Quan don't? Cuz the damage? So they nerf the damage and take away his mix-ups?
3 - Spend a bar to do pretty good damage? D'Vorah STILL hits hard and is now the hardest hitter in the game free. She was equal with KJ, KJ could just confirm from any situation given his divekick. Now D'Vorah has an 11 frame low and a 15 frame overhead into mid 40's 1 bar and she doesn't get touched..KJ gets 45% two meter in corner. D'Vorah is a problem man, and I guess nobody sees it.
4 - Scorpion can tele on reaction to everything on the game seemingly. Kung Jin could only overhead or mb bo swing to punish him ONLY in the corner and ONLY if you time it right. Inferno has a full screen 50/50 where only the low can be dashed, the overhead tracks...sometimes the audio clue doesn't even come out and the animation start up is the exact same so you can't react to it all the time. If you don't admit that Scorpion is REALLY f'n good then you're the worst downplayer in the game.
1. Everyone can, but F3 second hit is overhead and that move can be fuzzy guarded wich in consequent opened for the lows, throws, if you get locked in the corner you have to hope Kung John throws his mixup on your guard, besides Good Kung Jin's players will react to you fuzzy guard because they have no risk at throwing nothing on the screen:
F3 it was 0 on block, you guessed right, he would just d1 to check you, when you try to retaliate,? NJP.
B14 was -4, you try to retaliate? NJP.
F24, +2 on block, you can't punish, try to retaliate? NJP.
If everyone would just have fuzzy guard as only option against kung jin this person would die, the point was not blocking the mixup, was he being stupid safe every time he mixes up there was "NO RISK" of being punished by nothing, so he would just keep going, over and over until he gets it right, why would he risk his unsafe launchers when he can mix you up all day with no risk?
2. Again His mixups were safe, they just added a risk, the Mixup is still there, block low vs Kung Jin and react to the overhead? LOL its not like Scorpion overhead is faster, anyway you react to the overhead, and then what? It was +2 LOL now i have to block low again, and react to the overhead again right? Fair.
3.D'Vorah doesn't have safe 50-50 mixups and doesn't outrange all characters in the game, she doesn't have a jump in that can't be ducked and has the same exact number of hit stun do jail blockstring no matter how it was thrown, and a NJP that hit characters crouching from distance.
What Erron Black's 50-50s? between command grab and sand from a blockstring, two answers: Backdash if your not in the corner, Armor out of it.
Quan got his bats normalized he is a vortex character. I can't say about sonya because i haven't seen one yet.
4. Scorpion is a counter zoner by default, if you fight against him you should never do nothing that has long recovery afterwards without touching him, besides, his teleport his hella unsafe and in case you didn't noticed it was nerfed, now only has armor on wakeup ever since the second fix came out, so stop bitching. Inferno zoning is garbo, slow startup, slow recovery on low demon, slow startup on overhead demon, slow startup on mid demon, are you really crying about those slow ass moves? LOL You can reversal punish low demon on block, and it can only be used fullscreen.
I'm not saying scorpion is not good, he is Effin good, but he doesn't get nothing for free, in Inferno he is a high risk high reward character, in Ninjutsu he is a high risk low reward character and in hellfire he is a low risk high reward character, but you have to beat the execution barrier first which is stupid high.
His fastest punisher is 9 frames, his best reversal punisher is teleport but that to work the used move has to be at -22 on block in minimum, he has to spend meter or stamina to stay safe when he is pressuring you and in some cases he has to use both meter and stamina, but he is good i didn't said otherwise.

Kung Jin got buffed, even if he doesn't have safe mixups like anyone else, his jump in can't still be ducked his NJP still hits characters crouching and from distance, not everyone can't punish a -8 from distance, this includes scorpion, he being a bit minus on F3 means he doesn't get to check you for free, or NJP you for free, now you have to consider as everyone else, but now that people will be much eager to retaliate due the breathing room it will only make your counters more effective, but with a risk.

HoneyBee

Flash God Lord
3 - Spend a bar to do pretty good damage? D'Vorah STILL hits hard and is now the hardest hitter in the game free. She was equal with KJ, KJ could just confirm from any situation given his divekick. Now D'Vorah has an 11 frame low and a 15 frame overhead into mid 40's 1 bar and she doesn't get touched..KJ gets 45% two meter in corner. D'Vorah is a problem man, and I guess nobody sees it.
Not at all. Her OH leads into ~30% and her low can get roughly 30% ONLY with ridiculously good execution. More often than not, you only have to worry about being opened up by her OH and taking jabs from her low d4. Her low starter also has terrible range and her big damage combos are from her mid attack. Not to mention that this only applies to Swarm Queen variation. Her other variations don't get that kind of damage.

Kung Jin combos are still piss easy and he can still convert a fart into a full combo with his divekick.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Too early too tell how this badly this affects him as a character. I wont be able to play him as aggressively but this is the time to figure out some new stuff and look into his other variations. I'm getting flashbacks to MK9 Kung Lao, everyone thought he was nerfed into the ground but ultimately ended up still being a top 5 conversation character once people figured out how he should be played.

However if somehow it turns out he is trash he is getting dropped ASAP.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Kung Jin's f24 is now -8, down from 0. So you will get punished undoubtedly if you do it.
It was a BUG. It was supposed to be -8 all along but the game treated a lot of shit that was supposed to be neutral or negative as +2 on block.

Also -8 means that SOME of the cast get to punish, and they only get a 1-frame-link punish. Boo fucking hoo cry me a river. They miss 1 frame, JUST ONE FRAME, and instead of you getting punished, they are.

GTFO.

but don't try to cover it up by saying "it wasn't scaling correctly"
Right because you developed the game and you know how it's supposed to scale.

"Try to cover it up"... GTFO.

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
now he plays like a MKX character, before he was playing like a MK9 character.
I don't even understand what you mean by that.

None of his changes are actually positive. All the frame data changes make him negative on block, he lost advantage on his flip kick, and he lost damage. It makes him play like a character who doesn't maintain pressure as easily, and doesn't get rewarded as much for anything he lands. I don't consider any of that buffed.

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Okay so from what I know, this is everything I saw that changed for kung jin

Cartwheel smash is now -5

F3 went from being neutral to -3

11 went from neutral to -5 I believe

Standing 1 is now +2 (high)

Standing 4 is now +2 (high)

B14 went from neutral to -4

B24 went from -4 to -8

Every combo does 4-7% less damage

And was u1 always a normal he had? I never noticed it until now. That AA is gdlk

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I don't even understand what you mean by that.

None of his changes are actually positive. All the frame data changes make him negative on block, he lost advantage on his flip kick, and he lost damage. It makes him play like a character who doesn't maintain pressure as easily, and doesn't get rewarded as much for anything he lands. I don't consider any of that buffed.
Like anyone else

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
Lol they nerf the character so that he can't abuse his pressure as freely (11 doesn't grant him a free overhead anymore) and some characters can punish his once safe 50/50 (btw his low starter is at max range is not safe, it's punishable on hit), they nerf the ridiculous reward he got from ex cartwheel, and they nerf his damage so he no longer gets stupid numbers from every conversion.

... And people still complain because he has range.
I don't think ya'll want the character balanced at all, you want him ruined. :DOGE

Last edited: