What's new

General/Other - Bojutsu Bojutsu Kung Jin After-Patch Damage Report (5/14/2015)

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
Firstly, let me say thank you to everybody who chipped in to make sure Kung Jin was normalized...now us Kung Jin users can't do hella damage and have to rely more on pressure. So now if I beat you, don't say Kung Jin is a broken character. K? k.

Before you blow me up, Kung Jin may still be a top 5 character because his mix-ups and range but he's not safe.

Now, let me copy/paste what @Tim Static posted:

• Kung Jin - Cartwheel Smash is now -3 on block (down from +4)
  • Kung Jin (Bojutsu) – Several staff attacks were not combo damage scaling correctly
Let's go ahead and correct something.

It's not -3, it's -5. Says so in the move list.

Also there was a neat little "Fixed frame data"
What they mean is "Kung Jin now doesn't get safe mixups"

Kung Jin's f24 is now -8, down from 0. So you will get punished undoubtedly if you do it.
His b14 stayed the same as -4.
Kung Jin's 11 string is -2 (I am not sure if it changed, but I think so)..so if you get blocked from 11 and try overhead, you are at -10 frames and will get blown up. So once again, Kung Jin does NOT get free overhead/low mixups anymore.

Now to address the "Several staff attacks were not combo damage scaling correctly"...like they haven't watched any Kung Jin get 40% consistently. Not that I'm bitching, but don't try to cover it up by saying "it wasn't scaling correctly"

Anyways, his overhead or low bnb - (starter)~bo swat, ji4~divekick, run~34~bo swing now does 30%
His 3 hitting starters does 34%, so still okay.
Also, overhead/low starter~bo swat, run~3~bo swat, divekick, run~34~bo swing now does 31% meterless. Still not bad.

It seems KJ's mb bo swing as a starter scales slightly different. I used to could mb bo swing, b2~bo swat, ji4~divekick, run~34~bo swing but now the last swing on the swing ender misses so I have to use 3~bo swing finisher and it does 32% vs 39% before

Kung Jin no longer can do 2 meter 50% in corner, it does 45% now. Waste of meter.

So basically, his damage decreased quite a bit, but I guess that's fine. I just don't like how bad they nerfed his f24. Like, take away my damage, don't take away my mixups.

Another thing - I think 224 is safe now...-2 on block, -3 on hit. Won't cancel into bo swat tho, only bo swing on hit confirm unless you wanna go ahead and finish it with an overhead or low mix-up then just cartwheel drop mb which is, like I said, -5 on block or low bo swing not meter for -15 on block.

So yeah, hope I taught you guys a few things about Kung Jin POST-patch. Now if I hear another nerf call, I'll murder somebody.

EDIT - I was mostly raging when I mad this post lol I'm aware that -8 frames are not punished by much. Sorry for the misleading information haha

Last edited by a moderator:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
-8?

Now I will believe the Reptile beats KJ thing that's been going on lately.

Flip kick still being safe ain't too bad. Just now he can't set up BS frame traps from making you guess between safe wakeup or unsafe launcher wakeup.

tatterbug4

Bug of tater's
-8?

Now I will believe the Reptile beats KJ thing that's been going on lately.

Flip kick still being safe ain't too bad. Just now he can't set up BS frame traps from making you guess between safe wakeup or unsafe launcher wakeup.
I wasn't buying it either. He gets out of force ball set up by doing back jump 1 and dive kick. Lol. Now he's unsafe