What's new

Blue Beetle General Discussion Thread

Bobbyxton_

It's Official
Having loads of fun with Blue Beatle and finding that no one wants to respect B2~DF1

If I have the meter I like to convert it into a 300ish combo and when they're conditioned into blocking the low you're able to B2~F3 mb into some decent damage, or just finish the combo for some decent poke and spacing

Last edited:

Branden Delio

PSN: C9-Keiji
JI2 (Cross up) 111, DF1 MB, 3, BF2, 111, BF3 - 412~ Corner Combo 1 Bar

MBF3, 3, BF2, 111, BF 3. 417~ Corner Combo 1 Bar

MBF3, 3, BF2, F23, 11, BF3. 395~ Corner Combo 1 Bar

JI3, 3, BF2, 111, BF3. 374 ~ Corner Combo Meterless

JI2 (Cross up) 111, DF1 MB, 3, BF2, B1 - 342~ Corner Combo 1 Bar Restand

MBF3, 3, BF2, F23, B1. 360~ Corner Combo 1 Bar Restand

JI3, 3, BF2, B1 - 265 ~ Corner Combo Meterless Restand

Im worn out from trying to find out combos tonight but I was trying to get this to work (combo below) not sure if it does though, feels like it should.

JI3, 3, BF2, F23, B1 - for a Meterless Corner Restand

Last edited:
His Gun Stance meterless 2,1,1+3 has a sweet animation,AMD in the frame data,it says it is cancelable but I can't get it to cancel into ananything.Anyone figure it out?

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
Just wanted to share why having a gap in 111 is extremely dangerous against some characters with 6 frame starters. This might actually make me drop him if people can just down 1 to get out of pressure.
If they blow it up, I would just make them respect it next time by using 11xx shield bash.

Or you could start off by using 11xx shield bash..
It is a safe option to keep your opponent honest

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
Hey everyone. I've recently picked up Blue Beetle as my main, and wanted to contribute tech I've found in the lab.

I believe I've come across a hard knockdown > true 50/50, as well as some neat mix-ups I haven't seen around yet. I tweet out all my tech, but I'll repost here whenever I do. Looking forward to breaking this character with you all!

Check it (sweep setup, also works if they block the initial j.1):

https://twitter.com/raynexpress/status/867573310623809536

Last edited:

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
Do everything as early as you can. I used to have trouble with this before I realized how early you can do 3bf2 and then there's plenty of time for f2bf3 after
Can you hit it online consistently?
I just use 111 shield to end it... I only have trouble in ranked matches with it

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I never expected it but actually think this char is really cool and his gear just makes him look cooler. Not sure I can play him how he's supposed to be played IMO, but he's super fun to watch for those that can.

Not a fan of his range outside of trait and for now what appears to be reliance on bounce cancels and background bounce for damage. Though his bounce cancel combo's look to net some stout damage but other than that it's below average for the work. Probably because his mobility is pretty crazy if you can control it well and there might be more set ups and shenanigans to be found than what has been so far.

Think he'll take a while longer to really blossom due to MU knowledge and execution compared to currently. I also find him to be a huge dork among a bunch of badasses. That's probably supposed to be cool on some level or for some people. But it grates on me.

I never expected it but actually think this char is really cool and his gear just makes him look cooler. Not sure I can play him how he's supposed to be played IMO, but he's super fun to watch for those that can.

Not a fan of his range outside of trait and for now what appears to be reliance on bounce cancels and background bounce for damage. Though his bounce cancel combo's look to net some stout damage but other than that it's below average for the work. Probably because his mobility is pretty crazy if you can control it well and there might be more set ups and shenanigans to be found than what has been so far.

Think he'll take a while longer to really blossom due to MU knowledge and execution compared to currently. I also find him to be a huge dork among a bunch of badasses. That's probably supposed to be cool on some level or for some people. But it grates on me.
I agree with you on his range outside of trait. If he had a little more range on his normals and a little more damage he'd be a pretty viable character

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"

I play him as a mobile zoner.

His projectile is really good, and if you end your combos correctly (unlike I do) you can get some great cross up setups.

EDIT: his meterless dmg is also better than average I would say

|Phantom|

"Scarab says you suck!"
I don't think anyone else has done anything with these particular stings and knockdowns yet..

I used a normal BnB starter, but ended in a different knockdown. I then used instant air flight, while in trait to cross them up and finished with the 21 1+2 string to keep them close while you still have trait on.
I'm sure that you could change it up based on the range you want your opponent (depending on if you have trait or not) at least for the second knockdown. Not sure how viable it is. Just wanted to see if anyone could take it further.

His trait is practically worthless for 111.... You can combo it unless your basically in normal 111 range anyways. His trait is honestly really bad in general. I don't see the advantage of slightly more range that sometimes doesn't even matter for strings at the cost of your projectile