What's new

Question BLOODY HOT! - The Skarlet Gameplay Discussion Thread

Gilbagz

Joker here~
Awesome, Learning so much new stuff already lol.
And yeah ducking doesn't work cuz it takes frames to get into duck after dashing, but if d+3 (or any down poke). You duck instantly.

What combo should I use for mid that is generally a little bit safe on block?

I would be interested if there are any combos that start with normals such as 1 and 2.

ryublaze

Noob
What combo should I use for mid that is generally a little bit safe on block?

I would be interested if there are any combos that start with normals such as 1 and 2.
Mid as in being able to hit the opponent if they crouch? or do you mean overhead? Her overheads aren't safe on block. However B1, 1, F4, Slide and F4, 3 are safe and hit crouching opponents (not an overhead).

1 and 2 won't hit a crouch blocking opponent. 1 doesn't lead to her long combos but 1, 1, 2 and 1, 1, 4 are safe on block. Combos starting with 2 are:

2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 1, 1, 2 or 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide
2, 1, Up Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2
2, 1, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash 1, 1, 2 or 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide

Check Ninj's combo thread or "New Skarlet players need help!" for more combos.

Mid as in being able to hit the opponent if they crouch? or do you mean overhead? Her overheads aren't safe on block. However B1, 1, F4, Slide and F4, 3 are safe and hit crouching opponents (not an overhead).

1 and 2 won't hit a crouch blocking opponent. 1 doesn't lead to her long combos but 1, 1, 2 and 1, 1, 4 are safe on block. Combos starting with 2 are:

2, 1, 2, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 2, 3, Dagger Toss (dash cancel), 1, 1, 2 or 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide
2, 1, Up Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2
2, 1, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash 1, 1, 2 or 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide

Check Ninj's combo thread or "New Skarlet players need help!" for more combos.
No by mid I meant midscreen sorry =)

Anyways, thank you for these combos. I will be learning Skarlet step by step, after I get these combos down I'm going to practice her red dash~slide or EN dagger into combos.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Does anyone do 114 setups? I find them very useful kind of like kitana's cutter but not THAT much. Although it's a good spacing string or cancel into RedDash for a slide or overhead.

ryublaze

Noob
Alright thanks lol
its been driving me nuts since yesterday
Didn't know if i could pressure like that or if i was just getting lucky lol
I started using b+1, 1, f+4 instead
But i'll keep using 2, 1, 2, 1+2 now :D
on crouch block i usually just cancel into red dash mix ups anyway

also one more thing
can you tell me if this is viable lol
when zoning with knife cancels
since you can't block after cancelling, i've been using d+3 to insta duck projectiles
it only works against high projectiles obviously but i've been having sucess so far
do you think teleporting could work too?
so like off a knife cancel you'll jump and insta air teleport.
I just messed with the d+3 thing and seems like a really good option. Much faster than stance switch+block. :)

ryublaze

Noob
What combo do I use after an enhanced red dash with an upslash?
The same as the 2, 1, Up Slash combos but without the 2, 1.

EX Red Dash, Up Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, 2, Red Dash, Down Slash, dash, 1, 1, 2
EX Red Dash, Up Slash, dash, 2, 3, Red Dash, Down Slash, (2, Red Dash, Down Slash,) dash 1, 1, 2 or 2, 3, Red Dash, Red Slide

I tend to leave the part in parentheses out because it drops easily online.

thanks, also, during practice mode, I saw that hitting d3 on a standing opponent leaves enough time to continue with a red dash + 3.

Not sure if this is viable offline or at all though.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
So, I have been messing with the F3,2,1 string. How good is it? I like the range on it much better than b1,1,4. Mind you, I have only been experimenting with it, but on hitconfirm, you can easily confirm a dash, on block, you get a dash so I find it's a win win. Plus, it hits mid (or at least it appears to).

ryublaze

Noob
So, I have been messing with the F3,2,1 string. How good is it? I like the range on it much better than b1,1,4. Mind you, I have only been experimenting with it, but on hitconfirm, you can easily confirm a dash, on block, you get a dash so I find it's a win win. Plus, it hits mid (or at least it appears to).
There might be better answers, but personally I like F3, 1, 2 more because you can also do F3, 3, Red Dash. While B1 has more options (B1, F3; B1, 1, 3; B1, 1, B4; B1, 1, F4) they are all unsafe and you can't link Red Dash after any of them besides B1, 1, F4. Also F3, 1, 2 linked to her Down Slash combo is more damaging. I only use B1, 1, F4 for wall combos and F3, 1, 2 after 1, 1, 2, EX Dagger cancel.

F3, 3 on hit allows for an EX Dagger and the opponent can't crouch it unless he fuzzy guards the 3. Theoretically you can't hit confirm it but if you input D, F after F3, 3 you have a small window to check if the 3 hits or not and decide whether to go for EX Dagger or Red Dash. I'm just experimenting with this in Training Mode right now.

EDIT: I'm not exactly sure how to read frame data but it looks like B1, 1, F4 has a better chance of not being poked out of? I have been poked out of F3, 1, 2, Red Dash, Red Slide online but it's online so I don't know.

Deity

Noob
There might be better answers, but personally I like F3, 1, 2 more because you can also do F3, 3, Red Dash. While B1 has more options (B1, F3; B1, 1, 3; B1, 1, B4; B1, 1, F4) they are all unsafe and you can't link Red Dash after any of them besides B1, 1, F4. Also F3, 1, 2 linked to her Down Slash combo is more damaging. I only use B1, 1, F4 for wall combos and F3, 1, 2 after 1, 1, 2, EX Dagger cancel.

F3, 3 on hit allows for an EX Dagger and the opponent can't crouch it unless he fuzzy guards the 3. Theoretically you can't hit confirm it but if you input D, F after F3, 3 you have a small window to check if the 3 hits or not and decide whether to go for EX Dagger or Red Dash. I'm just experimenting with this in Training Mode right now.

EDIT: I'm not exactly sure how to read frame data but it looks like B1, 1, F4 has a better chance of not being poked out of? I have been poked out of F3, 1, 2, Red Dash, Red Slide online but it's online so I don't know.
F,3,1,2 has the most deceptive range I've ever seen. It's pretty retarded. Also, if you do f,3,3 and it gets blocked, you're gonna get punished unless you cancel it into en Red dash.

ryublaze

Noob
F,3,1,2 has the most deceptive range I've ever seen. It's pretty retarded. Also, if you do f,3,3 and it gets blocked, you're gonna get punished unless you cancel it into en Red dash.
Thanks. I think I understand the frame data a bit better now and I realize that F3, 1, 2 and F3, 3 can be interrupted during Red Dash. I guess B1, 1, F4 is the best option after EX Dagger.

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
That was supposed to be her alternate when she was released but they said it didn't get included for one reason or another. Since they said she'd have an alt for the vita, this pretty much will be what it is(unless they want to do the mk2 palette swap for her, there's always that).

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
That was supposed to be her alternate when she was released but they said it didn't get included for one reason or another. Since they said she'd have an alt for the vita, this pretty much will be what it is(unless they want to do the mk2 palette swap for her, there's always that).
This.

They got rid and scrapped this gorgeous outfit, and now, they bring back for Vita, oh my gosh !

Hope those nerds from NRS just give PS3/360 a chance, and release this shit later for our beloved plataform, the one where the competition is .....

:D

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I finnally donwloaded all DLCs from MK, and recently started to play with skarlet on tough matches.
Until now i managed to come out good with her and annoy my opponents on the same level as kitana.
The real test will come in this weekend, there i will see if i'm really playing well.
So far i managed to mix up between low and overhead, and surprise my adversaries thanks to the red dash, pretty useful very surprising and force the adversarie to block, low block and keep himself into a dificult Position. Skarlet Rules.

Error

DF2+R2
I think this skin looks very good with blonde hair, there would be just too much red I think.
It would be weird if Skarlet just had a random blond alt, wouldn't really resemble her. Even if her hair was just auburn or a a reddish brown it would be a lot better.

Flagg

Noob
After a solid week of tirelessly using her in the lab, im beginning to get the hang of dagger cancels and red dashing after normals, and wow....I don't think there is a single character in the game as versatile as she is. I'd wager that no two Skarlet players are the same, as there is so many variations you can do on her strings, once you launched someone in the air.

She has quite a nice medium screen combo (can also be done in the corner where it is actually easier). jp, B2, back slash, dash, U3 air dagger, 13 dagger cancel, dash, F44 or 113....does about 43%.

Some of the stuff she can do, like B11F4, red dash upslash, F121, 1+2, red dash upslash, dash, F44, or F4 special. Most of her combos do, what....29% to 40%+? Even this simple one: jp, u3, 13, ex back slash, dash, F44 does 39% and that is so easy. Very nice for punishing things like a teleport happy player (does 3% less without the standing jp, obviously)

I've been trying to use her U3 air dagger a bit more in her combos for some variety.

Absolutely LOVING this character! I love how her Ex red dash literally plows through nearly everything. I also like how she is one of the few characters that can nearly full punish a blocked Mileena special.

She is hands down, the best female ninja in the game. Better than Mileena, Kitana and Jade imo.

I do find doing a dagger cancel, then dashing into a red dash slide tricky...for some reason she runs forward and goes to grab.

My current mains are CSZ, Kano and a little bit of Quan, but I can see this character becoming my new, favourite main.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
She is hands down, the best female ninja in the game. Better than Mileena, Kitana and Jade imo.
A smart and aggressive Mileena is tough for Skarlet to deal with. But I agree with you, Skarlet is the best female ninja in the game. I also believe that Skarlet is top 5 overall.