What's new

Question BLOODY HOT! - The Skarlet Gameplay Discussion Thread

I still have never seen or been able to do the red slide~upslash. Can someone post a vid of it?

And is the input qcf+3, 4~f~2? Or can you do qcf+3, hold F, 4~2?

Also, if they haven't removed it by now, especially with the stupid Freddy patch, I don't think it's gonna happen.

you roll your thumb from 4 to 2 and try to hit the direction on the 2. it can over lap the 4 a smidge i think but not before.

I dont really try to do it just for sake of habits being hard to break, but once you get it a couple of times you'll see its not that crazy to do, an makes you wonder how they let it go unnoticed if it really is a glitch

Me too. I made a half-hearted attempt previously and gave up, but knowing it's still in, I'm gonna spend all night trying to do this now.

I still have never seen or been able to do the red slide~upslash. Can someone post a vid of it?

And is the input qcf+3, 4~f~2? Or can you do qcf+3, hold F, 4~2?

Also, if they haven't removed it by now, especially with the stupid Freddy patch, I don't think it's gonna happen.
Here's one video example. Note the slide into downslash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jKJeo_9cjmQ

The trick to doing it is... well a few things. First off, you want to to the slide kick ASAP. As soon as you activate the dash, hit 4. After performing the quarter circle motion to do the dash, let your stick go neutral ASAP as well. After you hit 4 (making sure to let the stick go neutral very quickly) hit forward/back 2.

So in order: DF, Neutral stick, 4, F/B2
Rapid succession.

And Freddy had no patch. Sub Zero's slide is still the same. Freddy was just Freddy+Mandatory compatibility pack and costumes.

Here's one video example. Note the slide into downslash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jKJeo_9cjmQ

The trick to doing it is... well a few things. First off, you want to to the slide kick ASAP. As soon as you activate the dash, hit 4. After performing the quarter circle motion to do the dash, let your stick go neutral ASAP as well. After you hit 4 (making sure to let the stick go neutral very quickly) hit forward/back 2.

So in order: DF, Neutral stick, 4, F/B2
Rapid succession.
That is really beautiful. I tried to get it down last night, but I just can't get the timing right. There must be something wrong with me.

This is the only thing I can't get down, if I could get it then my combo would be a lot longer lol. I got like 38% as a basic combo, but that slide into slash would be helpful. Gonna practice the hell out of this later.

I finally got it. The trick is to slide the bottom of your thumb across 3 to 4 to do the slide immediately, then hit the f+2 with the end of your thumb. You still have to do it really fast, but I can get it now the majority of the time.

I hope they don't remove this. It's not like anyone is dominating tournaments with Skarlet, or dominating anything for that matter. If anyone needs further nerfs, it's KL.

I finally got it. The trick is to slide the bottom of your thumb across 3 to 4, then hit the f+2 with the end of your thumb. You still have to do it really fast, but I can get it now the majority of the time.

I hope they don't remove this. It's not like anyone is dominating tournaments with Skarlet, or dominating anything for that matter. If anyone needs further nerfs, it's KL.
lol man like multiple people have said verbatim what you said about sliding the thumb. But yea you just got do it for yourself to understand it I guess.

They most definitely are removing it...which is why I was saying I don't do it so I don't get used it. And she will be a major nuisance at summer jam I assure you. Like I heard Reo say on that VSM stream "People are gonna rage."

The problem isn't really that it is a low starter at 200mph, although thats questionable, its that you can do it multiple times, in what would have been meager combos, boosting them to ermac damage levels.

lol man like multiple people have said verbatim what you said about sliding the thumb. But yea you just got do it for yourself to understand it I guess.
Oops, sorry. I thought they were talking about sliding from 4 to 2. Oh well, need to work on my reading comprehension I guess.

They most definitely are removing it...which is why I was saying I don't do it so I don't get used it. And she will be a major nuisance at summer jam I assure you. Like I heard Reo say on that VSM stream "People are gonna rage."
This makes me sad. Skarlet is so damn hard to use anyway, she needs all the bonuses she can get. If only teleport had better armor on wake up (like Mileena's) she'd be a mile better.

Somberness

Lights
Downslash -20
Slide -1
Teleport -13
Upslash -10

Guesses. I didn't attempt to measure but blood ball should be at least -15 and kunai -10.

does anyone know where there is high level skarlets vids out? Ive seen some on matches on youtube, but it was just people who dont know what there doing. I can do a couple of combos but Im having a hard time getting things started with skarlet. I especially find cyber subzero to be a huge pain in the ass, due to poor wake up game.

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
does anyone know where there is high level skarlets vids out? Ive seen some on matches on youtube, but it was just people who dont know what there doing. I can do a couple of combos but Im having a hard time getting things started with skarlet. I especially find cyber subzero to be a huge pain in the ass, due to poor wake up game.
I'll be recording my matches after the patch. Stay tuned.

How unsafe is Skarlet's teleport? I know online lag affects this, but Even on the best connections, I can't punish it at all with anything. I can use throws but it can be low poked out or jumped over.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
How unsafe is Skarlet's teleport? I know online lag affects this, but Even on the best connections, I can't punish it at all with anything. I can use throws but it can be low poked out or jumped over.
I'm pretty sure that both versions are a full combo punish by most of the cast.

hm... ok then. I dunno then cause I tried to punish, even to the point of knowing it was coming and inputting mileena's standing 4 early after blocking it. Maybe she's too slow? if it's jab combo punishable than Mileena really won't get too much off it.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
hm... ok then. I dunno then cause I tried to punish, even to the point of knowing it was coming and inputting mileena's standing 4 early after blocking it. Maybe she's too slow? if it's jab combo punishable than Mileena really won't get too much off it.
Try using Roll. That would probably work.

Somberness

Lights
I posted an estimate just above. :)
I believe the only options are d1,d2,d3,d4,throw or roll/enhanced roll.

BEENEEWEENEES

Thou shalt be slain!
is it just me, or is U34 really unreliable? i can't get the 4 to come out 100% of the time, no matter what speed i try it at. a few times, i could get it consistently just standing there and doing it over and over again, and then i'd try to do it in a combo and the 4 would refuse to come out. there a trick to it, or is this just another one of the shitty nuances in this game?

Deity

Noob
is it just me, or is U34 really unreliable? i can't get the 4 to come out 100% of the time, no matter what speed i try it at. a few times, i could get it consistently just standing there and doing it over and over again, and then i'd try to do it in a combo and the 4 would refuse to come out. there a trick to it, or is this just another one of the shitty nuances in this game?
U34 is a weird ass link. I can hit it in the corner consistently but idk about anywhere else.

ryublaze

Noob
dash, U3, 4 will not work. You can only dash into U3.

ryublaze

Noob
Kind of a weird playstyle...but does anyone else use down daggers...like A LOT? I usually jump forward and punch (even if it'll miss) then throw a down dagger. If I'm too close, I'll just jump straight up or backwards and do down dagger. It beats people out of air battles, but it also can be stopped by a smart opponent with something like a fast special. I do this in the corner too. It also fakes jump-ins, and doing it enough times might let you jump-in safely if your opponent is expecting a down dagger. You kind of need to know the right distance. I know it can't be punished with an uppercut.

I don't do this consecutively (usually like 2 times then mix with a Slide) but this has been a fun thing to do and worked against some characters.

Deity

Noob
Kind of a weird playstyle...but does anyone else use down daggers...like A LOT? I usually jump forward and punch (even if it'll miss) then throw a down dagger. If I'm too close, I'll just jump straight up or backwards and do down dagger. It beats people out of air battles, but it also can be stopped by a smart opponent with something like a fast special. I do this in the corner too. It also fakes jump-ins, and doing it enough times might let you jump-in safely if your opponent is expecting a down dagger. You kind of need to know the right distance. I know it can't be punished with an uppercut.

I don't do this consecutively (usually like 2 times then mix with a Slide) but this has been a fun thing to do and worked against some characters.
Skarlet does have an odd feel to her. She takes a while to get used to. I use down daggers to beat down pokes and fake crossups and jump ins. Its a really useful tool.