What's new

Question BLOODY HOT! - The Skarlet Gameplay Discussion Thread

I don't know if this is known info yet, but:

Red Slide (4 during Red Dash) cancels into Up Slash (combo) or Down Slash (doesn't combo).

The timing is tight, but you can do it consistently if you slide your finger to 2 from 4.

Also, you need to hit forward after the 4 but no later than the 2.

This allows Skarlet's high-low mix-up after 112 to be much more profitable. Instead of the low just knocking down, she can juggle off of the high or the low.
Honestly I've only been able to do this like twice lol. I tried sliding my finger but it never comes out that way for me it seems. Anybody got any other tips for getting this down?

Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure she has a low slide that can be canceled into various shit.

Just the low/throw mixup is already pretty damn good considering her zoning tools and her dash cancel. Giving her an overhead and low launcher would make her completely broken.
lol Yeah, people need to get out of their heads that 50/50's are the only ways to land combos. how about 112, dash and then threaten the launcher. 112, dash 112 dash 112 dash f+2. Kinda like Cage's 21 pressure.

Honestly I've only been able to do this like twice lol. I tried sliding my finger but it never comes out that way for me it seems. Anybody got any other tips for getting this down?
You're probably not doing it fast enough. It has to be done ridiculously fast. It kind of hurts my fingers. lol.

Milk

Snake eyes
THTB, how did I know you'd be the one to start this thread? ;)

For the record though, Skarlet is pretty neat. She's got some real lengthy combos, decent damage, teleport, a pretty safe slide, delayable projectiles, command dash, and good normals. I like her.
I've just been rolling with

F+3 1 2 command dash back slash 2 1 2 1+2. Good damage, no meter, good set up for x ray if need be, and what not. I like her B+1 1 F+4 string too. Sets up into command dash forward slash.

Mgt2

Noob
Anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure she has a low slide that can be canceled into various shit.

Just the low/throw mixup is already pretty damn good considering her zoning tools and her dash cancel. Giving her an overhead and low launcher would make her completely broken.
oh ok. Got it. I downloaded her but yet to have time to train with her...

You're probably not doing it fast enough. It has to be done ridiculously fast. It kind of hurts my fingers. lol.
Yeah idk. If somebody could post a video of it that would be cool. maybe include a video of your hands executing it too lol.

Also, has anybody else noticed how ridiculous it is if you throw your projectile, backdash immediatly, then throw another projectile, rinse and repeat? you can get an insane amount of daggers on the screen.

edit:
Another thought, if you're pressuring and want to get out and go back to zoning, I imagine a good way to do this would be to create a mindgame around your projectile cancel. so you'd do a string, cancel into projectile, then from there you can either backdash out of it, OR you can check the opponent with your second projectile. No idea how safe or unsafe the double projectile is on block though...

Milk

Snake eyes
Just messed with it a bit more, really liking the dagger cancelling too. I wanna' try to work that into a combo somewhere, but, right now, it's just really good for pressure.

F+3 2 1 command dash forward slash dagger cancel 1 xx X ray. Not good damage, only 35%, but, it just shows that Dagger Cancelling is something we could possibly use.

Also with using her command dash and her other tools out of it, I am getting a Guy feel for anyone who played Super. Using the dash to keep block pressure and what not.

VIDA

Focused Grace and Intensity
Giving her an overhead and low launcher would make her completely broken.
Ive only tried her for a couple of mins, but Im pretty sure she already does have an overhaed launcher with either the down slash or the end of one of her starter strings.

This launcher talk is funny considering Kano's melee options outside of the upball....

Well to be fair, Kano doesn't have a dash cancel and his normals are pretty slow actually. Any good player can fuzzy guard easy vs Kano. Up Ball is a bitch, yeah. But his mixups aren't a problem.

Just having an overhead launcher isn't that bad because you can block it standing anyway. But having both overhead + low launchers WITH the ability to dash cancel shit and approach opponent while locking them down with knives, that would just be... dumb / braindead.

Baraka has both low launcher and overhead, but he has trouble getting in safely and doesn't have great zoning tools, unlike Scarlet.

I was able to get the slide 4xxqcf2 down pretty consistently. The trick, in addition to rolling your thumb from 4 to 2, is to make sure you're not holding forward before 4 and that the qcf2 can still be inputted as f2 even after the 4. I actually think its much easier than some other short links like Kung Laos combo grab toss-up thing, if I can't do that, and can do this somewhat consistently, then any actually GOOD player will be getting it off non-stop.

Pretty scary lol. I hope noobs online don't catch on to this stuff, the last thing we need is an army of angry casuals flooding NRS with complaints of OP. I can already predict the pm's I'll get "OMG U FKIN BUM STOP SLIDING THROW MORE DAGGERS U NOOB. CHEEARTER!!1"

I was able to get the slide 4xxqcf2 down pretty consistently. The trick, in addition to rolling your thumb from 4 to 2, is to make sure you're not holding forward before 4 and that the qcf2 can still be inputted as f2 even after the 4. I actually think its much easier than some other short links like Kung Laos combo grab toss-up thing, if I can't do that, and can do this somewhat consistently, then any actually GOOD player will be getting it off non-stop.

Pretty scary lol. I hope noobs online don't catch on to this stuff, the last thing we need is an army of angry casuals flooding NRS with complaints of OP. I can already predict the pm's I'll get "OMG U FKIN BUM STOP SLIDING THROW MORE DAGGERS U NOOB. CHEEARTER!!1"
That helped a lot, i didn't realize you could just do f+2 after the 4 instead of qcf+2. Thank you sir.

My Skarlet review!
Just finished her laddder and she impressed me. She was BETTER much BETTER than i expected. Not because iam her fan but her moves are awesome. She is indeed the fastest character in the game (well, the hottest too lol) and one of the most skilled. Her moves are great to combo with and her specials are fantastic!
Her blood ball is so effective and violent at the same time.She cuts herself (and suffers a little cut on her health bar either) and throws the blood at the opponent, taking them serious damage! Her kunais are VERY fast but take less damage. And she can hold them, too.Her teleport is also fast, as she appears on the back of the opponent, as she hits them. Her X-ray is really fun and powerful.

There's also her dash, where she becomes intangible for some time which is great to make awesome combos! Not talking about her disturbing, bloody and MARVELOUS fatalities!

Overall , Skarlet is just PERFECT. Better than i could ever expect and i was TOTALLY right when i chose her as my favourite. 10 out of 10.

Baraka has both low launcher and overhead, but he has trouble getting in safely and doesn't have great zoning tools, unlike Scarlet.
Yeah, his low launcher also has zero range (have to be right on top of them) and his overhead comes out slower than a Sheeva move.

BTW I don't know if anyone has taken note of this yet, but I was playing in digi's stream earlier tonight and saw that her teleport hits OTG opponents.

Her X-ray is really fun and powerful.
I'm glad you like it but her X-ray is the weakest in the game. Better off using that meter for EX teleport, EX dash, or breaker.

Filia

Noob
Some things I've noticed...

Going on the mindset that her reset with 112 will be godly for keeping offense...

df3 xx 4~f2 xx 23, df1 (one dagger) xx dash cancel xx 112 ~29%
df3 xx 4~f2 xx 212, df1 (one dagger) xx dash cancel xx 112 ~30%

This is one combo that allows you to use the 'low launcher' to reset them back using 112, works midscreen. Coupled with the fact you can do the same reset off a hitconfirm or any of the other two slash specials... you could pretty much keep resetting them until death while they try to guess where you're going to hit. Dash slide being safe on block and ex version having armor is just icing on the rape cake.

f31, db2 xx dash xx b2, db2 xx dash 2, df1 (one dagger) xx dash cancel xx 112

Variation of the combo from AfterDarkGaming, using a f31 starter instead of b11, does 36%, also resets.

Zebster

How's my volume?
Yeah, his low launcher also has zero range (have to be right on top of them) and his overhead comes out slower than a Sheeva move.

BTW I don't know if anyone has taken note of this yet, but I was playing in digi's stream earlier tonight and saw that her teleport hits OTG opponents.

I'm glad you like it but her X-ray is the weakest in the game. Better off using that meter for EX teleport, EX dash, or breaker.
Isn't liu kang's Xray the weakest?

Milk

Snake eyes
Liu Kangs is weak, but, you can combo after it, to make it on par with everything else. Skarlet's is super weak, but I really like it, I dunno what else to use her meter for at all, besides EX Teleport and breaker.

Gamin_Guru

Shang Bang
Skarlet is so ridicolously OP its not even funny. It's the usual bait-&-switch. Watch her get toned down within 2 weeks after everyone hypes up and buys her.

She can jumpkick into instant air projectile into combos like Kitana

Skarlet is so ridicolously OP its not even funny. It's the usual bait-&-switch. Watch her get toned down within 2 weeks after everyone hypes up and buys her.

She can jumpkick into instant air projectile into combos like Kitana
Exactly, 'like Kitana', and Kitana never got nerfed. She ABSOLUTELY does not need a nerf.

So I was messing around with Skarlet for a bit and I noticed that trying to dash in and U+3 is impossible to do. Like with Mileena, you can dash in and U+4 for an overhead launcher, and I can do this easily. But when I tried with Skarlet it always gave me the jump kick instead. Not sure if this is a bug of some kind, and it doesn't necessarily hurt her gameplay, but it is kinda annoying. Has anyone else noticed this?

Zebster

How's my volume?
Liu Kangs is weak, but, you can combo after it, to make it on par with everything else. Skarlet's is super weak, but I really like it, I dunno what else to use her meter for at all, besides EX Teleport and breaker.
Yes but I'm talking the straight up Xray. Is Liu Kang's Xray an overhead?