What's new

General/Other - Blood God Blood for the Blood God! (Variant discussion)

Santa_Destroyer

Blood n' cigs' PSN: Santa_Destroyer
All 3 variations are viable, kotal is kind of dumb. Now blood god talk please.

That d3 totem combo gave me a chubby
Gotta agree.

Do you guys know any more totem setups or totem combos?
It can be difficult to cast one in the neutral.

I only know the following:

1. f1b2 totem b14 ex df1 f2 b14 df1 or f1b2 totem b14 ex df1 f2 b122 pizza.
2. Njp totem b14 ex df1 b14 df1.
3. And know the swaggy d3 wich I haven't pulled off yet but is just awesome.
4. 114 totem you can also do a parry if you expect a poke.
5. Obviously d4 totem.
6. b14 totem.
7. Every hard knockdown basically grab or uppercut for example.

Last edited:

Santa_Destroyer

I don't believe the pizza will land with this combo.
You are half right, I forgot f2.
so It's f1b2 totem b14 ex df1 "F2" b122 pizza.
Regardless of my mistake, it still hits.
The pizza will only hit them outside of the combo when they get back up for 11% straight dmg or 2.38% on block. Without crystal totem or blood offering.

mkl

Poopbutt.
Followup on the d3 totem shit. It is character specific for certain jump arcs/hitboxes. I test all my shit on Ermac so I didn't realize this until today. I'll hit the lab and see who this is viable against and who it isn't.

EDIT: Figured out the issue. It simply doesn't work on characters that have a somersault jump. Characters that have a standard jump it works fine against. It's especially easy against Jason. So since this is pretty MU specific we can safely shelve it. But that's alright I gotchu covered for cast wide options too!

Last edited:

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Followup on the d3 totem shit. It is character specific for certain jump arcs/hitboxes. I test all my shit on Ermac so I didn't realize this until today. I'll hit the lab and see who this is viable against and who it isn't.

EDIT: Figured out the issue. It simply doesn't work on characters that have a somersault jump. Characters that have a standard jump it works fine against. It's especially easy against Jason. So since this is pretty MU specific we can safely shelve it. But that's alright I gotchu covered for cast wide options too!

D3 against Lao is only really viable when he's crossing you up or jumping from really close when he shouldn't.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
The funny thing is I find Kung Lao's jump one of the more telling ones, especially since he flips so much. I find myself ji1ing on reaction sometimes​

mkl

Poopbutt.
The funny thing is I find Kung Lao's jump one of the more telling ones, especially since he flips so much. I find myself ji1ing on reaction sometimes​
His ji2 just has so much priority that it's a real struggle to try to challenge it most times, especially in a cross-up situation. Most times I will just go for the trip guard with my max damage combo starter if he isn't crossing me up with it.

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I find that I can beat Kung Lao's jump in 30% of the time if iI have quicker reactions than the opposition. But with crossovers I try to anti-air with D2. But what is Kotal's most consistent anti air for crossovers? D1, D3, standing 1, b1, air grab or a d2?

mattnin

Noob
I find that I can beat Kung Lao's jump in 30% of the time if iI have quicker reactions than the opposition. But with crossovers I try to anti-air with D2. But what is Kotal's most consistent anti air for crossovers? D1, D3, standing 1, b1, air grab or a d2?
I spent this whole weekend researching anti airs. It seems so character specific. I found b1 to be best for Kitana for example but to be pure balls for Predator.

No your not lol he is slowly moving up as my secondary.
I was strictly kitana Tanya and Lil kung Lao I started using sungod and found him fun to use. But blood god was levels more rewarding , the reason why I feel is he's just got a lot going on. There's strategies he has that other characters simply don't have it makes him high risk high reward and very fun to mess with. And that bashing vibration sound when the crystal totem is out is sick!!!!

I spent this whole weekend researching anti airs. It seems so character specific. I found b1 to be best for Kitana for example but to be pure balls for Predator.
Its tough to antiair in mkx in general. I remember in mk9 I could consistently do it with Kung Lao Kabal and Kitana. Especially in this game certain characters have like that angle of reach on jumpins it's hard to read characters in this game. Maybe I haven't played enough with all the characters and match ups or whatever but I only a attempt antiairs if I'm leading in a match. I'm not sure if this is nether realms intention to make it difficult to anti-air but in other fighting games it's def easier and consistant.

Khaoz77

Don't run, you're gonna trip...
Kotal Kahn, especially in Blood God is just a thinking man's character. For your lack of a wakeup, you are literally forced to play in a way where you don't get knocked down. It's literally get gud or get bodied, for this reason I feel its important for anyone picking up Kotal to have a good Blood God to really understand and develop your neutral game.

Santa_Destroyer

Kotal Kahn, especially in Blood God is just a thinking man's character. For your lack of a wakeup, you are literally forced to play in a way where you don't get knocked down. It's literally get gud or get bodied, for this reason I feel its important for anyone picking up Kotal to have a good Blood God to really understand and develop your neutral game.
Agreed.

Santa_Destroyer

Do you guys have any suggestions regarding KK BG vs Ferra/Torr Lackey (and other variations).

Ferra/Torr can poke out of, with his d1, most of my pressure.
b122 ex pizza and b14 ex pizza.
And the 114 air grab for example dosen't work because of his uniqe hitbox.

Also most of his specials and strings leave him at the perfect distance for whiffing my punish and then punish me for pressing buttons.
The only thing that works for me (sometimes) is f1 b2 or f12.
As is now, only the latter is safe on block but does only around 12% dmg, wich is a huge loss compared to the potenitial 38%~44% dmg on f1 b2.
Pls help a brother out.

Thanks in advance

TommyKing5

But the saw... the saw is family
I personally hate the F/T match up. 114 whiffs, b122 sun god choke whiffs... I usually switch to war God in this matchup though, purely because of the armour.

I use 114 ex pizza/totem a lot more as there is no gap. I hold block afterwards to try and bait the armour but it's somewhat difficult to punish online.

I find the other variations of F/T much easier to deal with. You can generally out poke them, and on the knockdown try 'corpse hopping' (crossover on knockdown), to pretty much nullify their wake ups.

Trying to find what's best with the matchup, if anyone else has any tips I'd love to know too :)

Santa_Destroyer

I personally hate the F/T match up. 114 whiffs, b122 sun god choke whiffs... I usually switch to war God in this matchup though, purely because of the armour.

I use 114 ex pizza/totem a lot more as there is no gap. I hold block afterwards to try and bait the armour but it's somewhat difficult to punish online.

I find the other variations of F/T much easier to deal with. You can generally out poke them, and on the knockdown try 'corpse hopping' (crossover on knockdown), to pretty much nullify their wake ups.

Trying to find what's best with the matchup, if anyone else has any tips I'd love to know too :)
Yeah I think SG and WG are somewhat a better MU but I like BG so much.

The 114 string with ex pizza or totem can also be negated with his d1 cuz hes ducking the first punch.
Ferra/Torr is Probably the only character who can really challenge kotal up close or outrange him even.
I like to do 114 dmg totem and parry. Wich can punish pokes with about 50%.
The downside is, Torr can poke in the gap so you need to ex parry, but if you guess wrong, full combo punish and a bar wasted.

After Ass-qu-ten predator and necro shinnok one of his worst MU.