What's new

General/Other - Blood God Blood for the Blood God! (Variant discussion)

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I already know he's viable, I've just heard the other 2 are significantly better.
Where did i hear that? On a random mkx stream?

Besides if u dont even play the character why even propose buffs. Theres already a shitload of nerfs and buffs demands on this forum.
And its pointless anyway since mkxl comes out next week and its the last big patch that will happen.

Goat-City

Banned

Besides if u dont even play the character why even propose buffs. Theres already a shitload of nerfs and buffs demands on this forum.
And its pointless anyway since mkxl comes out next week and its the last big patch that will happen.
I recall reading it in several posts on this site over a long period of time. I'm just curious what Blood God players think it would do for him. There's nothing wrong with people sharing their ideas on how to improve the game, so it's irrelevant how many buff or nerf demands people are making. Next time you decide to tell someone to stop like an asshole you should actually have some good reasons to back it up.

honeybooboo

I speak truth, no lie
Alright, but regardless how big of a buff do you think it would be?
Not sure bud, when you begin to change the mechanics of the totems you then change blood god. Now if we were talking general buffs on frame data and hitbox's, then we can theorize.

mattnin

Noob
I recall reading it in several posts on this site over a long period of time. I'm just curious what Blood God players think it would do for him. There's nothing wrong with people sharing their ideas on how to improve the game, so it's irrelevant how many buff or nerf demands people are making. Next time you decide to tell someone to stop like an asshole you should actually have some good reasons to back it up.
Why the fck are you here proposing buffs for a player that you don't even play? Don't you have something better to do? Go propose buffs on your own characters.

KK doesnt need buffs but some of his issue chars need nerfs, if ermacs semi block infinite isnt resolved by patch there is a major problem for KK because you have to take the second hit on purpose and wakeup d4/uppercut in what seems just frame, ex parry might help i havent tried it

That came to my mind too. Funny that without any knowledge there are theories about the characters. :)

Harry Otter

Zoning Master
I lied... But this is important!

Use ray more!

I've been trying to end a lot of my combos with 2 1 god ray/ex god ray (anywhere on screen either for self heal or pressure) and it's been pretty nifty.
I REALLY like blood god lol it's such a fun variation.

Right now I'm trying my best to get god ray off consistently when I know I can block afterwards. I do it here alright but I kinda sucked second round.

God ray isn't going to make or break you but some can get some good set ups off if you are smart with it.

But if you botch it you will pay severely. >.<

I lied... But this is important!

Use ray more!

I've been trying to end a lot of my combos with 2 1 god ray/ex god ray (anywhere on screen either for self heal or pressure) and it's been pretty nifty.
I REALLY like blood god lol it's such a fun variation.

Right now I'm trying my best to get god ray off consistently when I know I can block afterwards. I do it here alright but I kinda sucked second round.

God ray isn't going to make or break you but some can get some good set ups off if you are smart with it.

But if you botch it you will pay severely. >.<

Agreed Blood God feels so rewarding. I think b122 on hit is safe for Ray

Harry Otter

Zoning Master
I've been meaning to ask this, any combos into god ray/ex god ray thats safe or safeish?
Hope this helps a bit!
A little trial and error but if you wanna keep some mix ups going (using 2 1 ray/ex ray as your ender) I like to keep this within midscreen and just dance around the ray.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Hope this helps a bit!
A little trial and error but if you wanna keep some mix ups going (using 2 1 ray/ex ray as your ender) I like to keep this within midscreen and just dance around the ray.
Its not gonna work because they can tech it & punish you for it.

Harry Otter

Zoning Master
Its not gonna work because they can tech it & punish you for it.
lol you asked for safe or safeish and I just played a few games this morning to try it out again. Other than timing it right after 1 1 4 and his standing 4 not a lot of safe or safeish options for god ray (I like to use it ending after 2 1 in the air). It's always a big risk and someone will be right up on your ass if you are not careful with it.

Here was one match I did alright utilizing it.
Granted it's online so working in a tournament setting could but an issue but I see it as a little bonus to using pressure with BG.

If I'm doing anything wrong please let me know I'm just trying to get more use out of the move.:)

It is really fun I agree. Until it works against the current opponent it will be okay.
B122 godray might be better for defensive purposes as the opponent is more far from you and you can heal. 21 might be better for more pressure.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
lol you asked for safe or safeish and I just played a few games this morning to try it out again. Other than timing it right after 1 1 4 and his standing 4 not a lot of safe or safeish options for god ray (I like to use it ending after 2 1 in the air). It's always a big risk and someone will be right up on your ass if you are not careful with it.

If I'm doing anything wrong please let me know I'm just trying to get more use out of the move.:)
I'll say my peace & been done with it, you can agree or disagree but that's up to you.

Stop playing opponents that don't know how to play the game (you'll level up a lot quicker that way) , at the end of every combo your opponent does on you, you should always be trying to tech just to make sure it's a hard knockdown or soft knockdown.

Also thank you for trying to find tech & setups for BG, remember in MK9 days when I was trying to find stuff for Sub-Zero late in the game. :D

Harry Otter

Zoning Master
I'll say my peace & been done with it, you can agree or disagree but that's up to you.

Stop playing opponents that don't know how to play the game (you'll level up a lot quicker that way) , at the end of every combo your opponent does on you, you should always be trying to tech just to make sure it's a hard knockdown or soft knockdown.

Also thank you for trying to find tech & setups for BG, remember in MK9 days when I was trying to find stuff for Sub-Zero late in the game. :D
I don't really agree nor disagree. It's a risk to use but not all of the best players are gonna tech consistently on reaction. I'm not trying to do this every match but I've had many instances where ray was very effective and won me a match.

Test tech and see how it goes. You may find something good; this game is still young. ;)

If you ever wanna try and test some stuff I'm down. But I'll practice with who I can find. Blood God is a risk taker, so I say take em! =D